We should move on from Wake while were slashing prices | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We should move on from Wake while were slashing prices

terphin

Active Roster
Reaction score
not sure what the cap hit would be but Ive seen enough of him, he's been a great player for us but the dude is old and unproductive in big spots too often. Pats would've traded or cut him 2-3 years ago. We need to get younger

If they are purging the roster and setting up space then I have no issue with trading Wake as they would save about $5m this year. However, to say he is old and unproductive is just hogwash. The guy even at 36 is still one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.

Wake has been such a great guy on and off the field. I’m letting him go out on his own terms but I would approach Wake and confirm he even wants to be here. If he wants to finish with a contender, trade or release him.

Wake and the whole line was disappointing this year,he's been great but he can't be a part of the future. Sorry but he is not still one of the best pass rushers

His cap number is too high for a part time pass rusher - I think in excess of $9 million. Move on and spend it elsewhere - like the OL. This is why we went and got Quinn

If they are purging the roster and setting up space then I have no issue with trading Wake as they would save about $5m this year. However, to say he is old and unproductive is just hogwash. The guy even at 36 is still one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.

More like a tad bit over $8 million

I have defended Wake being here over and over again, but the way this off season is unfolding I won't be surprised. Wake is coming of a 10.5 sack season and is not an expensive player, what's the point of cutting him unless you are purging contracts to accumulate money. I think we can all agree this is not some retooling effort here, the Phins are rebuilding this team from the ground up, what the hell do we expect next year? New coach new culture.

Every single year there is someone who wants to get rid of one of the best All time phins. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Only way I get “rid” of him is, with his approval, if a contender offers a 2nd or 1st round pick and that would mostly be to do him a solid for being the pro that he is. Guy deserves a ring.

Last edited:
Every single year there is someone who wants to get rid of one of the best All time phins. Some people just don’t any to help watch the world burn.

Only way I get “rid” of him is, with his approval, if a contender offers a 2nd or 1st round pick and that would mostly be to do him a solid for being the pro that he is. Guy deserves a ring.

Wake has been such a great guy on and off the field. I’m letting him go out on his own terms but I would approach Wake and confirm he even wants to be here. If he wants to finish with a contender, trade or release him.

The NFL is a business and not a feel good, caring one at that.

No one (with the possible exception of Mr. Bundchen) has the power to "go out on his own terms" or dictate same to the team or make demands on how/when it should be. They are employees and cogs in the machine....if they get worn out, too expensive to maintain or underperform they are tossed out and replaced.

And a 1st or 2nd for him?? LOL

The NFL is a business and not a feel good, caring one at that.

No one (with the possible exception of Mr. Bundchen) has the power to "go out on their own terms" or dictate same to the team or make demands on how/when it should be. They are employees and cogs in the machine....if they get worn out, too expensive or underperform they are tossed out and replaced.

Fine, but Wake has been more than productive and will likely have a couple more double digit sack seasons making ur argument ineffective.

Fine, but Wake has been more than productive and will likely have a couple more double digit sack seasons making ur argument ineffective.

No, my argument is undeniably factual although you may find it hard to accept....My point was simply no player is kept on board due to past performance out of loyalty or appreciation if they underperform or become a drag. BTW, I love Wake and hope he stays & retires a Dolphin....perhaps he'll restructure but at some point soon push is gonna come to shove.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom