We Still Need Another WR..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Still Need Another WR.....

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
What's the latest news about adding another WR???....

I haven't heard anything recently, and I think we certainly need another one to go along with the guys we've got now.....

Right now, today, is LT really our most needed priority???....

M. Dixon did a very solid job there last year IMO. I know it's not his natural position, but he played much better than either M. Spriggs or B. Smith, once he took over.....

Would it be too far fetched to consider taking an impact WR with our first pick at #49???.....or is it too risky???

PHINZ RULE!!!!!:cap:

They might want to draft a LT this year because they want him to be ready for next year when we will lose a few veterans.

And don't forget that we will eventually need to replace Marion,Bowens,Madison, Thomas, Taylor, ...

They are all aging and getting paid a few coins.

I think Thompson will be an awesome number 2 receiver have you guys seen this guys numbers?

Strength/Agility Tests…4.39 in the 40-yard dash…3.94 in the 20-yard shuttle…37-inch vertical leap…Has 3.9% body fat…Squats over 700 pounds.

hes gonna be a stud.

Where the heck did ya find that.

His 40 time is very heavily disputed on this board. I've heard from a number of different sources that he ran a sub 4.4 but I've also heard from a number of sources (including the draft booklet from his college the year he came out) that he ran more like a 4.55

Originally posted by Flipper34
I think Thompson will be an awesome number 2 receiver have you guys seen this guys numbers?

Strength/Agility Tests…4.39 in the 40-yard dash…3.94 in the 20-yard shuttle…37-inch vertical leap…Has 3.9% body fat…Squats over 700 pounds.

hes gonna be a stud.

Yea Flipper, where'd you find that, most of what I read, reads like this:
If not sold on the tackles available, expect Miami to target the top wide receiver or linebacker remaining on the draft board. Outside of the inconsistent James McKnight, the Dolphins don't have a speed receiver on the roster. With Seau and Thomas both over the age of 30 entering this season and a lack of depth, Miami must address the linebacker position early in the draft rather than pay it lip service like last season.

That doesn't sound like Thompson is a speedster.

Sigh...I know I'm going to get gang tackled by the JayBots for saying this...but I still don't see the big deal about having a speed reciever with Jay throwing the ball. Jays stats tell the story here. He does GREAT with short passes and screens, but when he tries to stretch the field he gets almost exactly as many Interceptions as Receptions. There just isn't enough speed in his throw to keep the DB from reacting on the ball and making it a toss up as to who gets the reception. This isn't a knock on Jay since I feel he's more than capable when he plays the game suited to his skills. It's just a statement that unless we had a reciever who could get MONSTER separation, I think Thompson is going to be much more valuable than any burner.

Hopefully with a healthy offseason Jay will improve his downfield accuracy....

Originally posted by Flipper34

hes gonna be a stud.

3.9% body fat....that can't be correct. That is barely enough to keep someone alive.

Originally posted by 13isgr81
Hopefully with a healthy offseason Jay will improve his downfield accuracy....

I don't think the problem is accuracy...I think the problem is that the ball just travels SLOWLY when Jay has to throw it more than 25 yds downfield. It just gives the DB so much time to react that he has as much of a chance to play the ball as the Reciever does.

Ya know I started to write "imporve arm strength" originally, but then I thought, what about that bullet he threw to McKnight in the corner of the endzone against New England? It was listed as a 32 yard TD completion, but McKnight was in the back of the endzone and probably a little longer. That ball was a frozen rope the whole way... So then I thought that maybe he has the strength, he just needs to figure out how to use it better...

Back
Top Bottom