We Suck 1 Year Too Early

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dol-phan007, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Jerrysanders

Jerrysanders A True Fan

2. hoops

hoops exited stage left

Haven’t noticed that. I’m so mesmerized by the placement and accuracy maybe.

Something I will look for.

On another note supposedly tua lost 15 lbs. not sure how that’s a plus for nfl contact.

Jerrysanders likes this.
  3. hoops

hoops exited stage left

That level placement in a first year starter has to translate. Tight window throws he’s really high level

His movement skills in the pocket I think are underrated too

Jerrysanders likes this.
  4. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Big Fan Finheaven VIP

Let's see how the NCAA season plays out this year, then Ill make a decision.

Gonna be some fun saturdays this year.

Birdmond and FinFaninSeattle like this.
  5. FinFaninSeattle

FinFaninSeattle Member

It doesn't matter if you don't have a competent drafting G.M. MIA didn't tank for years yet time after time they passed on potential franchise QBs whether that was in the first round or later. Grier was instrumental in that btw. Somehow we ended up with the best QB prospect since Marino yet people are already longing for 2020 and 2021 QB prospects. None of the QBs next season are much better prospects than Rosen, even Fromm who I think is the best of the bunch. Lawrence is though. I can see a scenario where whoever is behind this awful line struggles mightily, they win too many games to get any of the supposed top guys in next year's draft and they fire everyone and tank for Lawrence in 2020. And if they somehow land Lawrence it'd be worth it too. But let's support Rosen before we bother worrying about that. Do you think Jets, Bills, and Browns fans are thinking about Lawrence? I mean, they all have similarly talented young QBs as Rosen. Of course not. They're all geeked that they drafted a potential franchise QB and want to see how it unfolds. Just because we didn't draft Rosen does not mean he's suddenly not the potential guy or still someone to get excited about.

6. Jerrysanders

Jerrysanders A True Fan

Some ppl compare him to Drew Brees as far as placement and accuracy goes and I don't disagree.( he's almost guaranteed the no 1 pick)

On a side note Rosen's timing and accuracy looked better than what I saw in Arizona, small sample size tho.

7. PyroDOLFAN

PyroDOLFAN Seasoned Veteran Donator

Luck doesn't seem like hes gonna last 15 years.

8. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Yeah my productivity, which already sucks, is going to be near zero on the weekends this year.

Avigatorx likes this.
  9. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Think Awsi mentioned it months ago, but my biggest concern for Lawrence is that he doesn't protect himself well and takes a lot of bad hits. With his frame, that's an area he'll need to improve to survive. He's an excellent, excellent QB prospect, but none of his numerous strengths will matter if he's on the sideline.

I don't particularly trust Dabo to emphasize this as an area of concern - given the way he handled Watson - but Lawrence has time to correct it on his own. If he's still putting himself in harm's way at a similar rate going into the 2021 Draft, I'd be concerned.

russianbear and mrbunglez like this.
  10. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

I read somewhere that Lawrence is going to be doing a lot more running this year than last. If that’s the case, that’d worry me about him protecting himself.

j-off-her-doll likes this.
  11. rickd13

rickd13 Scout Team

Nothing changes the fortunes of a franchise faster then finding a franchise QB. Plain and simple. If you have a franchise QB your Super Bowl window opens and stays open for as long as he is there.

12. Buff

Buff From a galaxy far far away.... Finheaven VIP Donator

Geez, I fell asleep and must have missed the 2019 season.....what was our record and who are we drafting......

rvz1020 likes this.
  13. rickd13

rickd13 Scout Team

The difference is, all of those other QB's flashed more than Rosen has, and their teams didn't trade them away only one year after drafting them in the top ten the year before. Rosen is no longer only a college prospect. He now has a body of work in the NFL, albeit a short body of work, and it has been less than stellar.

14. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Trevor obviously has the goods but gods truth I'm exhausted by peoples' constant oohing and aahing and even hoping for us to suck bad enough to get him.

I think here are multiple franchise QBs coming out in this next year's class, and we'll likely be drafting one.

15. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

I think both Tua and Lawrence get exposed this year. Herbert too. Herbert is the most overrated out of the 3. Tua and Lawrence have great systems around them. All of their stats are inflated.