Weaknesses Exposed!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Weaknesses Exposed!!!

FinFanUFGrad

Damn Glad to have Saban and Urban
Reaction score
Hey fellow Intelligents...

I'm starting it off with that call sign because I want to spell this out immediately...

THIS IS BIG BOY TALK...lets try to keep pure opinions out...facts are best.

Let's try to isolate the weaknesses of the opponents in our schedule...I've listed it below. Try to put yourself in the shoes of Saban and tell us what you would focus on to beat the other teams. I.E. Buffalo will probably try to run a lot with Mgahee, avoid putting Loseman in pressure situations. How do we stop that? Then on offense as well, can we expose a defensive weakness in any of these teams. Let me know what you think, because I think the only way we beat teams this year is going to be if we can successfully outsmart them.

1 Sun, Sep 11 Denver Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
2 Sun, Sep 18 at NY Jets Tickets CBS 4:15 PM
3 Sun, Sep 25 Carolina Tickets FOX 1:00 PM
4 BYE WEEK
5 Sun, Oct 9 at Buffalo Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
6 Sun, Oct 16 at Tampa Bay Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
7 Sun, Oct 23 Kansas City Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
8 Sun, Oct 30 at New Orleans Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
9 Sun, Nov 6 Atlanta Tickets FOX 1:00 PM
10 Sun, Nov 13 New England Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
11 Sun, Nov 20 at Cleveland Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
12 Sun, Nov 27 at Oakland Tickets CBS 4:05 PM
13 Sun, Dec 4 Buffalo Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
14 Sun, Dec 11 at San Diego Tickets CBS 4:15 PM
15 Sun, Dec 18 NY Jets Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
16 Sat, Dec 24 Tennessee Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
17 Sun, Jan 1 at New England Tickets CBS 1:00 PM

Good Luck folks!!!

Denver has a QB who is very prone to throw INTs, just look at his #'s. They always run very well so we have to let them try to beat us with Jake. When they are forced to pass they don't do very well

I was thinking with Vick, atlanta, it would be great to have our new 3-4 defense down pat, because we know they run a lot, and vick's accuracy is a strong question mark. If we can force him into the pass-on-the-run technique then we can have some picks or turnover on downs situations. Saban will need to use some disguises with blitzes and stunts to make him think the heat is coming, then drop back and send a corner.

FinFanUFGrad said:
I was thinking with Vick, atlanta, it would be great to have our new 3-4 defense down pat, because we know they run a lot, and vick's accuracy is a strong question mark. If we can force him into the pass-on-the-run technique then we can have some picks or turnover on downs situations. Saban will need to use some disguises with blitzes and stunts to make him think the heat is coming, then drop back and send a corner.

October 30th, our complex blitzing scheme is going to have Aaron Brooks :dunce: and their new offensive coordinator Mike Sheppard running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Denver we play pound it up the middle on O with that whole cleveland D-line starting for them...Might give our line some confidence. On D im pretty sure they will use last year as a barometer and try to do the same to us But I think the outcome will be different :D.

Maybe I should rephrase what I'm looking for. I want some actual analysis of what you think has to happen for us to win. No "we'll ride ronnie brown to a victory" or "dude we're gonna whoop so and so on such and such a date"...let's get some serious items on paper here.

Like when we play Denver, we've got to piss Plummer off somehow. We know chambers will be marked by champ bailey. We know they will try to run with Droughns. What can be done to secure a victory?? I think their run defense is suspect so we should isolate some good ball control. We need to know that we are going to be Williams-less for the first four games so brown has to be prepared. Could come down to Field goals. Let's really get into this peeps. Show your skills.

I like this thread. IMO this is maybe the biggest difference Saban will make for us this year. I don't know that we even gameplanned for opponents under Wanny, but we definitely will under Saban.

FinFanUFGrad said:
Maybe I should rephrase what I'm looking for. I want some actual analysis of what you think has to happen for us to win. No "we'll ride ronnie brown to a victory" or "dude we're gonna whoop so and so on such and such a date"...let's get some serious items on paper here.

Like when we play Denver, we've got to piss Plummer off somehow. We know chambers will be marked by champ bailey. We know they will try to run with Droughns. What can be do to secure a victory?? I think their run defense is suspect so we should isolate some good ball control. We need to know that we are going to be Williams-less for the first four games. Let's really get into this peeps. Show your skills.
Droughns is a Brown now, they will use Tatum Bell

FinFanUFGrad said:

Like when we play Denver, we've got to piss Plummer off somehow. We know chambers will be marked by champ bailey. We know they will try to run with Droughns. What can be do to secure a victory?? I think their run defense is suspect so we should isolate some good ball control. We need to know that we are going to be Williams-less for the first four games. Let's really get into this peeps. Show your skills.

That's not what I meant. I'm telling you, Aaron Brooks is an idiot.

So, with the Saints always running 3 wide sets, if we scrape a linebacker on the edge and send a corner, with JT dropping back or a linebacker dropping back, the Saints young line will not be prepared to protect Brooks.

And Sheppard is a brand new OC. Saban is going to toy with him.

FinFanUFGrad said:

Like when we play Denver, we've got to piss Plummer off somehow. We know chambers will be marked by champ bailey. We know they will try to run with Droughns. What can be done to secure a victory?? I think their run defense is suspect so we should isolate some good ball control. We need to know that we are going to be Williams-less for the first four games so brown has to be prepared. Could come down to Field goals. Let's really get into this peeps. Show your skills.
OK, you ask for only intelligent responses and then you say Denver is gonna try and run with Droughns...I don't think Cleveland would like Denver using their running back so much

Maybe they will run Bell. Clarett, Dayne, and/or Griffen

nick1 said:
Droughns is a Brown now, they will use Tatum Bell

Wow...rookie mistake on my part. I knew that too. So another 1000 yard back under the shanahan system. I worry for Plummer more though, because when he's good he is great. He's such a scratch QB, seems to find openings in defenses that are about to sack him...of course other games he is mentally out of it. Defensively, they won't be able to stop a good running team, but we have such good recievers that you know we'll try that too. It's gonna be a turnover game...meaning whoever has more of them in better field position will win this game. We'll need another reciever to expose thier other corners. Hopefully they'll be ****y about it and run man to man on us all game.

LtDan662002 said:
OK, you ask for only intelligent responses and then you say Denver is gonna try and run with Droughns...I don't think Cleveland would like Denver using their running back so much

:roflmao::roflmao:

OWNED

LtDan662002 said:

Maybe they will run Bell. Clarett, Dayne, and/or Griffen

I deserve that. I was too busy writing the post at light speed to let my mind catch up and realize that I am now "owned". Touche' :D

Week 5 the Dolphins will have to rush JP, and pray that they can get to him before :

A) He lobs a bomb to a wide open Wr ( there will be open recievers)

B) takes off running.

Against the run they would be best off taking the angle on McGahee and tackling him low, because he's faster and bigger than last year, anyone who can catch him won't be able to bring him down after a nasty stiff arm, and anyone who could bring him down won't be able to catch him.

I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom