Weaknesses of 2014 Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Weaknesses of 2014 Miami Dolphins

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
I see article saying we are the "2nd best" team in football and we have "Top 10" talent. This prompted me to ask you, where are our biggest weaknesses? Basically, what positions are we average or below average in? OL? TE? LB? QB?

Guard comes to mind first and IMO, we still need a true seam threat at TE. MLB is a current weakness, Misi needs to get healthy

I read that too...can you link it? Fins have many holes, most teams do. Our biggest weaknesses are coverage LB's (terrible) and our secondary is average. Our TE position is terribly lacking, our OL definitely needs improvement players. I still think this team needs a short yardage RB to compliment Lamar Miller...a Knowshown Moreno type runner! Our QB is average. He's not terrible, but he's not going to set the league on fire. These are from my visual analysis of this team. We have a lot of slightly above average talented individual players on this team Wake (best player on the team, period) Wallace, etc. But we have a lot of below average players too Jimmy Wilson, Colledge, etc. Can they sync?

Coaching. Shula would find a way to produce winning seasons with these guys, back in his day.

Biggest weakness, imho, is still offensive line. Yes, the tackles are set. The interior is unclear. We know Pouncey has the skills to pay the bills, but the inconsistency from all three spots is problematic.

The LB corp is not bad, but not deep. If everyone were healthy that would be one thing. As it is, and like most NFL teams, backups get significant playing time. Jenkins has been terrific. Trusnick not so much.

Good question. Other than OG, so hard to answer. Many positions have been hard to judge due to injury, suspension, and players playing up and down. You can include Grimes, Finnegen, Jones, Delmas, Wilson, Misi, Starks, Clay, Hartline, Pouncey, and Tannehill.

IF they all play to their ups, we do not have many weaknesses. IF they all play to their downs, we have MANY. Which shows up in the second half is anyone's guess.

We have 2 major holes that are hurting us badly and impacting the games.

The left guard was attrocious Sunday....at some point he got replaced by Dallas Thomas...haven't heard how he graded out....but the offense was much better later in the game.

Trusnick at the Mike is a major hole as well...and greatly weakens an otherwise strong defense.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Oh... and Hartline should be demoted.

MOSTLY OUR QUARTERBACK PLAY FROM TANNEHENNE.

Our corners are good... but too small.

We put good enough players on the field every game to compete with the best, ex: Green Bay.
Coaching. Joe Philbin, and his decisions are the weakest link.

LG, MLB (especially when Trusnick has to play), Joe Failbin, Big target (TE or wr), QB at times but wouldn't classify as a strength or weakness of team overall IMO

Interior OL. LB when Trusnik is on the field. Kicker and Punter.

We need more from TE, WR and QB. Hate to say this but, I am glad we didn't pay Charles Clay. I wish I could say the same about Brian Hartline. Tannehill needs to continue to step up his game.

Back
Top Bottom