Wednesday 6/2/04 QB Camp Report | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wednesday 6/2/04 QB Camp Report

Finsflurry said:
Question- is it customary for 3rd stringers to not get any reps like Sage? For someone who doesn't get squat in TC, he seems to really rock in preseason and that mop up game last year. That there tells me he deserves a little work

Sage gets absolutely no work with any real drills, ie scrimmages and most 7 on 7s. The few times he has played, he has yet to look bad which is more than I can say for the other 2.

Then what am I missing? Or better yet, what is Sage missing? He looks great when he gets a chance, has looked good so far this year when he does get work, so, what gives? Did he screw Dave's wife or something? I'm just saying this because we don't have a clear cut #1, and no body lieks the idea of either these being expensive backups, then why, LOL, doesn't Sage get a quick looksy? I'll put money down now that he has a great preseason. If so, where does that leave us?

I read something yesterday, not sure if it is true, that Wanny said Thompson would be the second receiver if the season started today. While, I completely feel that Boston will be the starting WR opposite Chambers, does this mean Thompson is looking good in these camps? I haven't seen his name too often and would like to hear Ozzy's Dude's and finsflurry's thoughts on what he has done these camps.

Thompson has looked good, he made some nice catches where I have got him confused with Boston...but we all know he's a training camp wonder, wasn't he the next Terrell Owens last offseason? I'll wait for some pads and game situations before I evaluate Thompson.

How did Kenddal Newsome look? He is a guy that I think is real talented and if he believes he belongs in the NFL, can be a solid #3 guy....last year he was overwhelmed.

He hasn't really distinguished himself from anyone else for the 3rd slot, but has some potential.

Then what am I missing? Or better yet, what is Sage missing? He looks great when he gets a chance, has looked good so far this year when he does get work, so, what gives? Did he screw Dave's wife or something? I'm just saying this because we don't have a clear cut #1, and no body lieks the idea of either these being expensive backups, then why, LOL, doesn't Sage get a quick looksy? I'll put money down now that he has a great preseason. If so, where does that leave us?

You know what, I'm still trying to figure it out. He's a higher draft pick, bigger, faster, and at least an equal arm to Feeley and probably stronger, has been stashed away the past couple seasons....so the question is, what doesn't he have that makes the Dolphins regard him as an afterthought? Honestly, I don't know what it is, I'm stumped.

I appreciate the way you keep everyone updated...Thanks alot, Good job

Samphin said:
I read something yesterday, not sure if it is true, that Wanny said Thompson would be the second receiver if the season started today .

I believe the statement by Wanny was that Thompson was beginning to take the lead for the THIRD WR post not the second. But then he backpedaled and said but that varies from day to day.

Ohiophinphan said:
I believe the statement by Wanny was that Thompson was beginning to take the lead for the THIRD WR post not the second. But then he backpedaled and said but that varies from day to day.
That's correct. Here it is...

Dolphins | Thompson Leading Candidate For No. 3 WR Spot - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 08:15:29 -0700

The Sun-Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins WR Derrius Thompson is emerging as the front-runner to be the team's No. 3 wide receiver behind starting WRs David Boston and Chris Chambers, according to Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt. However, Wannstedt added the third receiver spot was "wide open."

Back
Top Bottom