Wednesday's Camp Report....Part One | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wednesday's Camp Report....Part One

fiedler....................

my take is this:

i don't care who the finz qb is, i don't have a bone against fiedler, in fact i don't care if his name is fiedler or billy bob lee zeeozifrak washington as long as he completes the plays that are there and can read a defense. that being said...............

i don't think jay can read a defense. in the pro game, you better be able to figure out what the defense is in a hurry. i think that is jays weekness. i tape every game each year so i have something to watch in the offseason. like it or not, jay missed a lot of plays last year that were game changers. he made some very poor throws that should have been completed. chans offfense was fairly vanilla, but the guy had people open in his scheme and fiedler choked a bunch of times. as of right now, i am of the opinion that fiedler will cost us the season, if injuries don't get us first.

OZZY: you said at the first of your post that without the pads, it doesn't mean much. i agree, so maybe those "dead on plays" could be flukes. it's encouraging for sure. hell, thats more td's than we usually see in ALL of camp.

i am hoping norv is the ticket and this is a glimpse of what we will be seeing this year from our offense. but in norvs offense, you need quick reads and pin point down the field throws and i don't think these are jays strengths.

but i sure hope i am wrong. all being said, i am rooting for jay because we gotta dance with what brung us, and that be jay right now! at this moment, there is no bigger fiedler fan than i am , he is all we have and our season rides on him. but looking at tapes, i just don't have the confidense he can consistantly make the big plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by chambers84
I read on here (maybe not this post) that Jay Fiedler and Chris Chambers hooked up for (6) TD scores. I read in the Herald that they onlt hooked up (2) for TD scores. What is the real info?

I gave you the real report. I don't know how Jason Cole got his info, but he was wrong! He wrote that they worked excusively on the 2 minute drill, and again he was wrong. Now there was one Td that might have been called back because I thought there might have been a penalty, but the next play was back where they were starting, and with a 1st down too boot. Maybe, just MAYBE the Dolphins coaches discounted a couple of them due to some things that the fans might not be looking for, but trust me they hooked up 6 times for ENDZONE catches........

Re: fiedler....................

Originally posted by clayton83

OZZY: you said at the first of your post that without the pads, it doesn't mean much. i agree, so maybe those "dead on plays" could be flukes. it's encouraging for sure. hell, thats more td's than we usually see in ALL of camp.

i am hoping norv is the ticket and this is a glimpse of what we will be seeing this year from our offense. but in norvs offense, you need quick reads and pin point down the field throws and i don't think these are jays strengths.

but i sure hope i am wrong. all being said, i am rooting for jay because we gotta dance with what brung us, and that be jay right now! at this moment, there is no bigger fiedler fan than i am , he is all we have and our season rides on him. but looking at tapes, i just don't have the confidense he can consistantly make the big plays.

Well put, as a matter of fact I try and highlight the fact that NO PADS are being used!

All I know is that there are a lot of people across the country that could never see this kind of info, so I try and post some informative information....for everyone!

Things wil most definitely be different when the pads are donned. And you can bet your last dollar if things are NEGATIVE.......I'll post just that.

Thanks OZZY I beleived your story anyways, who would lie about 6 TDs?? I don't Cole was there for the whole camp anyways, but I really don't know Miami reporters!!!

Originally posted by chambers84
Thanks OZZY I beleived your story anyways, who would lie about 6 TDs?? I don't Cole was there for the whole camp anyways, but I really don't know Miami reporters!!!

Your welcome, I just wanted folks to know that my eyes saw what they saw! :)

And I'm not sure if Cole might have gotten the real stats from the Dolphins coaches. Td's could have been nullified for penalties and so on. No flags are thrown and almost all the time the plays are run out until over, unless the Qb is touched by a Defensive player, then the whistle blows.

I did not get out to practice today so I'm working on the rest of my report for yesterday.

Ahh one good thing is that I'm taking my Vacation on the first day of Training Camp (first day when everyone is to be there not day one and two), so when it really starts to count I think you guys will be getting lots and lots of reports!!!

Jay is who he is. The thing about him is this, he has the DESIRE to win. Sometimes it takes a QB a few years to really "get it". Brett Favre being a great example of that.

The guy has a canon for an arm, but you know what, he STILL throws it to hard to the backs and TE's. His first two years he threw a lot of INT's, and then in 1994, he exploded. It also had a lot to do with him having a solid running game.

Look at his stats for 1999. More int's then TD's. He had no one to take the pressure off of him. Then when Green started to make his presence felt, down go the int's.

Jay is no Brett Favre...not even close, but my point is, give the man a couple years to figure this game out. Give him a RB who can pound out some yardage, give him an O line who can protect him, and then you get a chance to see what the guy is made of.

This should be his year. He has what looks to be a great RB behind him, a guy in Chambers who is going to be outstanding, and an O line that if it stays healthy, will be very, very solid.

QB's miss throws. No one is perfect, not even Dan, and while Jay may suck at times, just remember Buffalo, Denver, Oakland, and a few others that even though he made some mistakes, he pulled it out in the end. The guy has heart, the guy has determination, and he has my support.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Jay is who he is. The thing about him is this, he has the DESIRE to win. Sometimes it takes a QB a few years to really "get it". Brett Favre being a great example of that.

The guy has a canon for an arm, but you know what, he STILL throws it to hard to the backs and TE's. His first two years he threw a lot of INT's, and then in 1994, he exploded. It also had a lot to do with him having a solid running game.

Look at his stats for 1999. More int's then TD's. He had no one to take the pressure off of him. Then when Green started to make his presence felt, down go the int's.

Jay is no Brett Favre...not even close, but my point is, give the man a couple years to figure this game out. Give him a RB who can pound out some yardage, give him an O line who can protect him, and then you get a chance to see what the guy is made of.

This should be his year. He has what looks to be a great RB behind him, a guy in Chambers who is going to be outstanding, and an O line that if it stays healthy, will be very, very solid.

QB's miss throws. No one is perfect, not even Dan, and while Jay may suck at times, just remember Buffalo, Denver, Oakland, and a few others that even though he made some mistakes, he pulled it out in the end. The guy has heart, the guy has determination, and he has my support.

Man you should post this on every Miami Dolphins Board available!!!

Everywhere except the Dolphin Digest. They might not like a really EXCELLENT Take on Jay Fiedler! :lol:

I think I'm going to puke!!! Don't disgrace Brett Favre by comparing a bum like Jay Fiedler to him!!!

First of all dolfan87, I never "started" anything on here. All I have ever done is voice my opinion on Jay and that's it!! If you can't accept that then you must not be an adult. The difference between you and I is that you love Jay and I don't. Case closed.

What's with Scrap Iron and all this "adult" talk?? It seems that in every post (whether it's Scrap Iron or Iron Man or whatever) he's chastising someone for not being "adult" enough. Sounds like somebody's over-compensating. I'm betting this cat is no older than 20.

Ray Lucas...err I mean Scrap Iron, you need a hug man? Do you need someone to talk to? Someone who can understand what it must be like to be 15, and bored off your butt cause school is out?

Sucks to be you huh?

Tell you what, I am going to start a forum just for you, Dolphinator13, and KB21 called, 'Jay Fiedler Compulsive, Obsessive Teenage Forums'

You guys can go in there and just bitch and moan and whine, and comfort each other. Heck if your not all the same person, then you will have a great little start to an anti fan club.

I will set that up right now...ok?

Originally posted by Muck
What's with Scrap Iron and all this "adult" talk?? It seems that in every post (whether it's Scrap Iron or Iron Man or whatever) he's chastising someone for not being "adult" enough. Sounds like somebody's over-compensating. I'm betting this cat is no older than 20.

He kind of types the same way METALHEAD does on the DD board......shows the same imaturity as well

And I'll bet his daddy runs a junkyard.

Back
Top Bottom