Week 11 AFC Playoff Picture: Dolphins 11th Seed in Playoff Hunt | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week 11 AFC Playoff Picture: Dolphins 11th Seed in Playoff Hunt

The Pats are an enigma. They had inconsistency, inexperience and poor play in their Oline 1st 3 weeks of the season then manhandle the Bills defense. How did the Bills front 4 perform against the Pats O line.
How did the Pats turn an average Oline into a respectable one in the course of 1 week

Buffalo is a must win game.

It will probably take 10 wins to get the wild card. Assuming MIA loses at DE and NE, then they have to win every other game.

Moreover, if they lose to BUF, both BUF and KC will have a tiebreaker for the wildcard slots.

Get it done.

Detriot will not have a chance in New England. That will be a blow out. The Lions are a dome team. Get them outside in winter and their balls will freeze and then snap off...lmao

AFC Playoff Picture

Clump 1: The Locks
1. New England (7-2)
2. Denver (7-2)
3. Indianapolis (6-3)

Clump 2: The AFC North
4. Cleveland (6-3)
6. Cincinnati (5-3-1)
7. Pittsburgh (6-4)
8. Baltimore (6-4)

Clump 3: The Prime Wild-Card Candidates
4. Cleveland (6-3)
5. Kansas City (6-3)
6. Cincinnati (5-3-1)
7. Pittsburgh (6-4)
8. Baltimore (6-4)

Clump 4: The Long Shots
9. San Diego (5-4)
10. Buffalo (5-4)
11. Miami (5-4)
12. Houston (4-5)

Miami will need that win Thursday after losing to Detroit despite having the football and a 16-13 lead with 3:47 to go. A limited Lamar Miller forced Miami to turn over its running game to Damien Williams and Daniel Thomas, who did little, and the Dolphins were forced to punt to Matthew Stafford, who led a 74-yard drive that culminated in an 11-yard touchdown pass to Theo Riddick with 36 seconds left. The Dolphins lost left tackle Branden Albert for the year with a knee injury, a crucial blow, and still must face the Broncos, Ravens, and Patriots. They hold a tiebreaker over the Chargers, but they’re down in matchups against the Bills and Chiefs.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-week-10-playoffs-carson-palmer-oakland-raiders/

Why isn't Cincy ranked last? How do ties work in the NFL? It certainly doesn't seem to be the same as they work in hockey where a tie is like 1/2 a win.

We win tomorrow pretty sure we jump to 7 on conference record. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Still pissed at Indy for losing to Pitt. Sure they can beat up on their crappy divisional opponents but can't help everybody else out by beating a fringe playoff team. They won't help us out Sunday night either. I predict many Indy turnovers and a big Colt loss like every other time Luck has faced NE.

And I don't understand why SD is ranked 9, when miami beat them

I think ties within a division are broken first so we'd get tossed by having lost to Buffalo. SD beat Buffalo head to head so they would go over them. We beat Buffalo we move to 7, we lose and play Labato and go for the draft pick.

The Pats are an enigma. They had inconsistency, inexperience and poor play in their Oline 1st 3 weeks of the season then manhandle the Bills defense. How did the Bills front 4 perform against the Pats O line.
How did the Pats turn an average Oline into a respectable one in the course of 1 week

I think teams are playing the patriots like absolute trash, First off the bears if their defense wasn't a damn disgrace could have pulled that game off if they ran the ball! Forte averaged like 4.8 ypr but no cutler has to throw about 40 times and forte gets about 12 carries.

The Broncos and Manning just decided to go all shootout on the patriots and lost because of it, Hillman rushed for almost 5ypc and got 10 carries.
You look at the fins vs pats, Chiefs vs pats we ran the ball nonstop on those guys and their soft Run defense.. I have no idea why teams ignore their obvious defieciency but they absolutely do.

I do think this game the pats come back to earth a little bit and get exposed, Indy's defense rebounded nicely off the pittsburgh debacle... The colts are too talented and Luck is playing unstoppable football right now..
If i honestly had to pick a team out the AFC to make it to the superbowl right now, I'd probably go with Indy instead of Denver or NE.

One thing we have going for us if we win tonight is Buffalo will likely get swept by the Pats. Their track record vs NE is more pathetic than anything we've done lately, it's a near certainty. That being said they would likely lose the head to head and divisional record TB to us.

Back
Top Bottom