Week 7 positives!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week 7 positives!!

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
Alright I’m back to insert some positivity after this weeks L. I thought this was our best game all year!

-Fitz was really good, made plays with his feet. Found WR’s and kept us in this game.

-Both our Pass rushers Taco and Biegel had sacks, these guys are both showing something.

-Mike Gesicki was a complete stud, no other way around it he looked big time. I even saw him absolutely shut down Shaq Lawson in pass pro following a nice catch. That really shocked me given his struggles with blocking throughout his career.

-Mark Walton has really good vision and finds the wholes and squeezes through them. He’s our RB1 and he’s earned it.

-Preston Williams and Devante Parker we’re both decent. Both had good plays and bad plays. These guys are all world talents who both manage to make boneheaded mistakes (drops/fumble) but still you see the talent.

-Matt Haacks fake punt was awesome and well executed.

-I thought this was a great gameplanned game by the coaches. Offensively and defensively. Josh allen didn’t embarrass us like he has in the past. We had multiple well executed drives on offense against an elite defense. I feel like our coaches are players are getting more comfortable and more confident as the season goes on.

-Yes we lost, and we’re not good, but there is starting to be some growth and development which is a reflection on coaching. And this is one of the most disciplined dolphins teams I’ve seen in terms of penalties. All positive reflections on coach Flo

Good writeup. Extra positive - we're able week to week to continue figuring out our biggest draft needs and whether we had some holes before that look like they may be going from critical to nice to have. Specifically LB, TE and on the verge of including one or two OL.

Gesicki, Walton,Williams and DVP all showed up today, Fitz had some errant throws but he offset that with his playmaking ability.

O-line didn’t seem to get Fitzpatrick sacked every other play.

surprised that Miami has the least amount of penalties in the league coming into the Buffalo game.

Parker, Walton and Gesicki were the best players for Miami today.

Miami seems to be getting more competitive every week.

21 points...dare I say Miami’s offense have somewhat of a rhythm finally? 37 points the last two weeks.

If Miami goes up 21-9, I think they win that game.

When Brady finally retires we have nothing to worry about when it comes to Josh Allen.

Fitzpatrick is now tied with Bo Jackson in career rushing TDs.

We may have something in Gesicki!

The coaching staff seems to be getting more out of the limited talent available each week. Guys seem to be put in places that give them a chance to succeed. Good trend for long term.

In particular, the D is starting to play how I figured they would at the start of the year...often overmatched, but hard nosed, fundamentally sound with schemes making up some for talent gaps.

O-line didn’t seem to get Fitzpatrick sacked every other play.

surprised that Miami has the least amount of penalties in the league coming into the Buffalo game.

Parker, Walton and Gesicki were the best players for Miami today.

Miami seems to be getting more competitive every week.

21 points...dare I say Miami’s offense have somewhat of a rhythm finally? 37 points the last two weeks.

If Miami goes up 21-9, I think they win that game.

It also feels good to have a QB that attempts to throw to TE's and Wr's on the outside and not target the slot wrs and rbs 100 times a game.

McMillan seems to finding his groove. I'll give Wilkins a pass but he needs to control the extracurricular activities. I would like to see a replay of this punch. I'm sure there have been far worse infractions, but not a great start for the young man. We can't give up on him. We need youth and talent.

Gesicki always had solid hands, Gase offensive scheme was just horrible for his skill set.

Yeah Gase had no clue how to use him. And I think another big thing is Gesicki doesn’t have the routes yet to really get open, even today on almost all his big plays he was covered. But he has the size, body control and hands to still win those 50/50 balls so he needed a QB who was willing to trust him and give him the opportunity to make those plays. He’s still so raw but much like Preston Williams we’re getting those flashes

Yeah Gase had no clue how to use him. And I think another big thing is Gesicki doesn’t have the routes yet to really get open, even today on almost all his big plays he was covered. But he has the size, body control and hands to still win those 50/50 balls so he needed a QB who was willing to trust him and give him the opportunity to make those plays. He’s still so raw but much like Preston Williams we’re getting those flashes

I agree, I'm not saying he's a star but he should of been way more productive than he was last year.

Another positive, Miami scored 21 points on offense. I wasn't sure we'd see a game where this team scored more than 20.

This was a tough one, because it was a winnable game. Fitz played really well, but that interception was a big one. Up 17-9 there and it's a different game. A touchdown and the Dolphins probably win it. I'm sure that's what the coaching staff was thinking in faking the field goal. Great drive, though.

The team has been more than competitive the last two weeks, especially with Fitz at quarterback. I think he gets a start against Pittsburgh next week.

Another positive, Miami scored 21 points on offense. I wasn't sure we'd see a game where this team scored more than 20.

This was a tough one, because it was a winnable game. Fitz played really well, but that interception was a big one. Up 17-9 there and it's a different game. A touchdown and the Dolphins probably win it. I'm sure that's what the coaching staff was thinking in faking the field goal. Great drive, though.

The team has been more than competitive the last two weeks, especially with Fitz at quarterback. I think he gets a start against Pittsburgh next week.
I think it was expected that Fitz would have at least 1 or 2 games where he balls out and possibly carries the team to victory. No surprise he did it against his former team.

Back
Top Bottom