Week One College Football FSU/LSU | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week One College Football FSU/LSU

jimthefin

Club Member
Reaction score
I did not watch a ton of FB this weekend but I have been impressed with Mekhi Wingo DT from LSU tonight. His teammate Maason Smith who is not playing is the bigger name but the kid has been explosive off the ball against FSU.

Jared Verse looked like he was launched out of a rocket on a few of his rush attempts, he is a legit stud.

And Malik Nabers appears to have been possessed by Kayshon Boutee with his terrible body language and constant complaining to refs and teammates alike.

I can't say I like either QB but WR Keon Coleman the MICH ST transfer has been very good for FSU.

I can't stand Deion Sanders and his Coach Prime* self promoting nonsense but Colorado might be goo, or TCU might be bad.

Shadeur Sanders put up big stats but he got a ton of short passes turning into 50 yard plays that inflated his numbers. Not sure I saw any real NFL throw from him, and he is small.

What was funny was watching Deion's other kid Shilo avoiding contact just like his old man.

On the positive side Travis Hunter is a legit 1st rounder at TWO positions! Not sure he can keep up that workload for an entire season but damn, that was an impressive performance.

*Fox only referred to him that way, I can not think of a coach being called by his nickname like that before.I don't think people called Curly Lambeau "Coach Curly".

I think Shaddeur has some potential. He is smart, makes good decisions, and enough arm strength.

Shaddeur Sander's body language and tempo reminds me a lot of Brady, probably because he is being personally coached by Brady.

As someone that watches FSU on a weekly basis, the development of Jordan Travis over the last 3 seasons has been surreal. He is still prone to making the occasional bone-headed play/read, but he may end up being a first round pick if he isn't already, he is also slippery for defenders to tackle in the pocket and the open field. From an intangible standpoint, he checks all the boxes in what you would look for in a football player or person. The one big knock on him might be he will be 24 at the start of the next NFL season.

Brady worked out with him a little bit, I think it is overstating it to call him coaching him.

I can't stand Deion Sanders and his Coach Prime* self promoting nonsense but Colorado might be goo, or TCU might be bad.

Shadeur Sanders put up big stats but he got a ton of short passes turning into 50 yard plays that inflated his numbers. Not sure I saw any real NFL throw from him, and he is small.

What was funny was watching Deion's other kid Shilo avoiding contact just like his old man.

On the positive side Travis Hunter is a legit 1st rounder at TWO positions! Not sure he can keep up that workload for an entire season but damn, that was an impressive performance.

*Fox only referred to him that way, I can not think of a coach being called by his nickname like that before.I don't think people called Curly Lambeau "Coach Curly".

Deion is an egotistical jacka$$. I wonder how soon until his act wears thin.

Shaddeur Sander's body language and tempo reminds me a lot of Brady, probably because he is being personally coached by Brady.

As someone that watches FSU on a weekly basis, the development of Jordan Travis over the last 3 seasons has been surreal. He is still prone to making the occasional bone-headed play/read, but he may end up being a first round pick if he isn't already, he is also slippery for defenders to tackle in the pocket and the open field. From an intangible standpoint, he checks all the boxes in what you would look for in a football player or person. The one big knock on him might be he will be 24 at the start of the next NFL season.

I was impressed by both Jordan Travis & the kid from Duke

Deion is an egotistical jacka$$. I wonder how soon until his act wears thin.
He is indeed, but the kids seem to love him.And his credibility as a former player and as a guy who built his brand before people called it that sells itself.

I can't abide self promoters, egotists and narcissists and Deion is all of those things so I will cheer against Colorado or where ever he goes next.

But you have to give him and his staff credit for basically building an entire roster in a few months and then having them look pretty good right away. I have a feeling TCU is going to prove to be not very good so this win might pose some luster as they year goes on but if Colorado does well against Oregon and USC then they wil have to be taken seriously.

I have to wonder how long Hunter can play so many snaps before he breaks down.

He is indeed, but the kids seem to love him.And his credibility as a former player and as a guy who built his brand before people called it that sells itself.

I can't abide self promoters, egotists and narcissists and Deion is all of those things so I will cheer against Colorado or where ever he goes next.

But you have to give him and his staff credit for basically building an entire roster in a few months and then having them look pretty good right away. I have a feeling TCU is going to prove to be not very good so this win might pose some luster as they year goes on but if Colorado does well against Oregon and USC then they wil have to be taken seriously.

I have to wonder how long Hunter can play so many snaps before he breaks down.

Hopefully, after the game on 11/25, it will be him going ... away

Shadeur isn't that small, 6'2 220/ 225. Similar size wise as Tua. thought he had several nice throws. I might even say if you like Tua and his skill set in the NFL, Sheduer is going to be a similar style player. He would excel in a McDaniel style offense.

As for Deon, seems to me that 90% of what he talks about is about the CU players. You don't hear him pumping himself up or praising himself, so I'm not sure about the self promoting part. I think Sanders and the CU assistant coaches, which Sanders should get credit for putting together a top level staff during his first year at the NCAA D1 level, has done a great job getting the team ready and the play calling seemed pretty good for being game 1.

As great as Sheduer's performance was, 510 yards, 80% completion rate, 4 wrs over 100 yards, Travis Hunter may have had an even better game. Double digit receptions, 100+ yards, top level play as a shut down corner. Amazed Hunter played 120+ snaps in his first division 1 game, in 100 degree Texas heat and still looked dominate on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
He doesn't look like he is carrying 220-225 to me.

We will have to wait for his official weigh in at The Combine.

As far as Deion not being a self promoter I don't know how to respond to that.He is the first guy I would name if someone asked me of an example of a self promoter. he gave HIMSELF two nicknames.

Years ago MLB great Dizzy Dean said “It ain't braggin' if you can back it up.” The problem with the line which has been repeated ad nauseum ever since is that it is factually incorrect. It is most certainly bragging if you can back it up. If you can't back it up it is called delusion.

Deion may well be as good as he says he is(he certainly was as a player)but he is still his biggest fan.

BTW....I never criticized the job he has done at Colorado, building an entire roster almost literally from scratch in a few months and having them look like an actual team on Sat was beyond impressive. Credit to him and his staff and the players.I have no doubt he will be a huge success as a college HC. I don't think his act will play in the NFL because you can't just build a great roster with the force of your personality but at the college level he could well take over the sport.

I like Deion . Great job at Jackson state . I wish him well

He doesn't look like he is carrying 220-225 to me.

We will have to wait for his official weigh in at The Combine.

As far as Deion not being a self promoter I don't know how to respond to that.He is the first guy I would name if someone asked me of an example of a self promoter. he gave HIMSELF two nicknames.

Years ago MLB great Dizzy Dean said “It ain't braggin' if you can back it up.” The problem with the line which has been repeated ad nauseum ever since is that it is factually incorrect. It is most certainly bragging if you can back it up. If you can't back it up it is called delusion.

Deion may well be as good as he says he is(he certainly was as a player)but he is still his biggest fan.

BTW....I never criticized the job he has done at Colorado, building an entire roster almost literally from scratch in a few months and having them look like an actual team on Sat was beyond impressive. Credit to him and his staff and the players.I have no doubt he will be a huge success as a college HC. I don't think his act will play in the NFL because you can't just build a great roster with the force of your personality but at the college level he could well take over the sport.
I was speaking more about Deion the coach, not Deion in his 20's. That was 25 years ago. These days Deion usually talks in terms of them (the players) or we (the entire football program). You seldom hear him talking about himself, praising himself or promoting himself. For example I've never heard him say he's done a great job coaching or recruiting. I think a lot of people still see and hear Deion the young player, but Deion the coach seems to have a much different approach and style.

I don't know if you have seen the media barrage he has put on since he got into coaching but that is not stuff that happened in his 20's.

Did you catch his reaction to the media after this game?

I have to say i never expected anyone to challenge the assertion that Sanders is a self promoting narcissist.

He is as good an example of one as you are going to find. :shrug:

...As far as Deion not being a self promoter I don't know how to respond to that.He is the first guy I would name if someone asked me of an example of a self promoter. he gave HIMSELF two nicknames.

There IMO is a special place in hell for ppl who give themselves nicknames whether it be Deion or Jose Mangin (SiriusXM)

Back
Top Bottom