Welbourne on Local Philly Radio this A.M. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welbourne on Local Philly Radio this A.M.

Dr.Rad,
I think ESPN is mistaken him for Artis Hicks, who replaced Welbourn when he was having his bad knee repaired, again.

Infiltrateib, I tuned in late, but got the jist of what he said. He came off very desperate. It was almost sad. He's trying to pull a Ty Law, with average ability. His opinions are shared by some of the older players Philly lets go after their contracts are over. Not by those in the lockeroom.

I think what he's actually doing is talking himself out of a trade. From what I'm gathering, the Eagles front office would deactivate him for the year, before letting him go below market value, just to make an example out of him. They didn't re-up Hicks to back him up, they did so to replace him.

BTW Infiltrateib there is no way in Hades that the Bears give up #14 and their 2nd rounder for Ogunleye. They wouldn't even give up a 1st and 3rd now you're raising the price to a 1st and 2nd?

ckparrothead said:
BTW Infiltrateib there is no way in Hades that the Bears give up #14 and their 2nd rounder for Ogunleye. They wouldn't even give up a 1st and 3rd now you're raising the price to a 1st and 2nd?

Bears would swap picks, and throw a third in I believe. I thought something like that would happen, originally. If it doesn't happen tomorrow, it won't happen.

before we trade for this guy we need to come to a new contract that fits our cap situation but is more in line with what he is worth. otherwise why trade for someone who will be a problem right from the start.

DolPhadelphia said:
Bears would swap picks, and throw a third in I believe. I thought something like that would happen, originally. If it doesn't happen tomorrow, it won't happen.
O-Gun is worth more than a move up 6 spots in the 1st and a 3rd.

O-Gun is worth more than a move up 6 spots in the 1st and a 3rd.

Not if the front office has no plans of caving into his contract demands. He's here one year then off he goes.

DPhins4me, He is worth more then just trading picks. I think the 3rd added though isn't that bad. I'd hate to lose him for nothing, next year. It all depends on how badly the FO wants a specific player in this draft.

We'll see.
I'm thinking Ogun will remain a dolphin until next year.

well if the trade does go down who would we select at 14? why trade up if there is no particular player we are after? i would rather trade ogun for 2nd and 3rd/4th and add depth choices that can win a starter spot in a year or two.

Back
Top Bottom