Welcome back to the NFL-Nick Saban article | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome back to the NFL-Nick Saban article

FakeSpike13 said:
yes, KC is smart for making that offer... they have no competition for Surtain right now, so should you fault them... simultaneously, it's Saban's duty to weigh the best offer out there vs. the cap consequences of keeping him around for just another year...

Saban should make a few calls to the Colts, Vikes, Raiders etc, drive up the price, and then make it very public knowledge. Push it in KC's face that if they don't bite, we'll go elsewhere.

Take the leverage back. Sure Ty Law is sitting out there, but he is older, coming off a major injury, and will want more money. Surtain is the last "real" starter out there.

They can keep their 3rd or 4th round pick and stick it in their sorry A@@ secondary. If tye law was so valuable, maybe the pats would want to keep him. He will be slowed down by his injury and pat would be a superior choice. Even if we lose pat next year, I would be glad to have his services this year and not diminish his value by trading for a 4th rounder.

larfo2224 said:
They can keep their 3rd or 4th round pick and stick it in their sorry A@@ secondary. If tye law was so valuable, maybe the pats would want to keep him. He will be slowed down by his injury and pat would be a superior choice. Even if we lose pat next year, I would be glad to have his services this year and not diminish his value by trading for a 4th rounder.

Who knows, we may show playoff potential again and Pat'll want to stay to get a chance at a ring. Most players nearing the end of their careers hope for that. That's how we got Seau. According to the article, JJ thinks the only weakness Saban might show is in personnel. Doesn't look like that to me.

OurHeartAndSoul said:
Is Surtain a free aganet at the end of the year? If so why not just franchise him?

Good idea. Unless there's another player that'll be a FA next year that's more worth keeping.

Nublar7 said:
Anybody else REALLY disterbed by this?
A 4th rounder? You have to be kidding me Kansas City!

The Chefis better add a very high draft pick in next years draft if they want to pull that off.

texasPHINSfan said:
because they KNOW they have leverage here. we HAVE to get rid of him, there are no other suitors at the moment, and if we don't get rid of him now, we'll lose him next year for nothing.

i think i'd rather have a 4th for him than nothing, but still... i think he should at least get a 2nd.

KC's playing hardball, and they think they are going to win because of wanny and spielman.

thankfully saban isn't that stupid, so hopefully something else will be worked out.

we don't have to give him away next year for nothing. We could franchise him, which would be a good idea, it's about damn time we actually use that to our advantage.

Aquanator B1000 said:
we don't have to give him away next year for nothing. We could franchise him, which would be a good idea, it's about damn time we actually use that to our advantage.

We may have to use that on McMike I think.

well i guess they don't get him.....good luck in free agency kc

Vermeil is selling his 2005 x5 BMW...I think I will offer him $2000.00 for it
or $1000.00 and a 12 speed schwinn bicycle

Back
Top Bottom