Well... before the draft it's looking like | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... before the draft it's looking like

Besides Stroud if he's healthy what did the Bill's do? K. Mitchell??? Didn't they sign a guy by the name of T. Spikes a few years ago also???

I honestly think the only unpredictable team in the Division is the phins...We can only get better, how much can only be seen during the season.

Who is the Bills Qb? I am sorry, but wishful thinking requires something more than just adding Free agents. And you say the NY JETS are bottome feeders based on this? wow.

The Jets and the BIlls will be a .500 team at best. Miami might surprise some teams and end up at .500 or even better, but I'm not going to count on anything.

The Jets wasted money on a mediocre linebacker who had one good season. I highly doubt that makes them contenders. And in case anyone forgot they still have Pennington or Clemens which neither look like they got much potential.

The Bills on the other hand they got a great guy in Edwards. But their defense isn't very good and their offense isn't very consistent.

Fact is, the Patriots don't have much competition for a few years. But the best thing for us is they lost half their defense and the remaining part of their defense has an average age of about 65. Can't forget this spygate thing has to explode sooner or later.

Let's talk about that defense for a quick second. It wasn't very good, but it wasn't bad either. The problem was that they let up a lot of yards and stayed on the field a long time, but they were 18th in points allowed. They were top 12 before the New England debacle. So while they let up tons of yards they didn't let up so many points... so they aren't that bad. Marcus Stroud and Kawika Mitchell should help the run defense. Not too mention that Poz and Ko Simpson will be back... it's a completely different defense than last year.

The offense had its problems... one of which was a rookie QB. Trent has had some time to learn now and should be better this season, he had a pretty good season for a rook. Another problem was playcalling. Steve Fairchild called a horrible game and after he left the new OC came in and said that one of the changes they are going to make is to implement and audible package! What? Fairchild's system didn't have an audible package? It's a wonder they won 7 games without an audible package. The final problem was redzone. The Bills had trouble getting into the endzone from this area, a tall wide receiver and a possession tight end would help with this. That's where Bryant Johnson comes in. Sure he's not Chad Johnson or TO... but he is 6 foot 3 with good hands. In today's NFL you need a tall WR who you can toss up a fade route pass to in the redzone.

That said, someone else said something along the lines of what makes you think the Bills will be better than the Phins or Jets.

Well, for starters, The Bills won 7 games last season against the Jets 4 and Miami's 1. So out of the gates they are better. Second as far as Bills vs Phins... the QB situation is more solid with the Bills as there is still a big question to who will start for the phins. Trent had a good season as a QB, but a great season as a rookie QB. The O line is pretty solid, all the Bills need is a center. WR will be set after the draft if not before. The Bills will most likely draft Malcolm Kelly or Sweed in the first and have a good compliment to Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish's speed. So the Bills offense is not as far off as the phins.

The Bills D as I said earlier is almost completely different from last season. Yukoda Simpson and Paul Poszlusny will be back. Kawika Mitchell will join Poz and Crowell backing the line which is a huge upgrade from Ellison and Digorgio. Marcus Stroud will be on the D line with McCargo and Schobel.

So like I said originally, as far as improvements go, it looks as though the Bills are still better off than the Phins.

Now... if only we could get rid of those pesky patriots.

On the other side, Parcells has the Phins in the right direction. I saw the same thing when Levy came in as GM of the Bills. He got rid of the aging vets and filled the roster with young FA's and had very good drafts. Now that the Bills are a young team, its time to go after some bigger FA's which they have.

I feel like the Phins will take the same path. Get the roster younger, bring in guys who believe in the system and when the core players are there, bring in some good vet FA's.

Who is the Bills Qb? I am sorry, but wishful thinking requires something more than just adding Free agents. And you say the NY JETS are bottome feeders based on this? wow.
Who is the Bills QB? You don't remember the guy that thrashed you last year? you know the guy that torched you for 4 TD's Trent Edwards... He was a rookie and with 9 games behind him the '08 season is looking pretty good.

Who is the Phins QB? Oh yeah... nobody knows.

Owned.

Similar to him asking you to leave, I find it funny you have yet to address your blatant lie about being a Jills fan.

[mod]Please comment only on the subject, not the poster. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.[/mod]
Owned.

Similar to him asking you to leave, I find it funny you have yet to address your blatant lie about being a Jills fan.
Never said I wasn't a Bills fan... I said I wasn't a troll. I have been on this message board longer than most of you

Good. Lets add a personal attack to your resume. Only helping make the mods decision easier.

Oh, and you did say you were not a Bills fan; you called yourself a devil's advocate.

Back
Top Bottom