Well... before the draft it's looking like | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... before the draft it's looking like

You think that the Jets are better off than the Bills? Who is their QB... that's right... they don't know yet.
As far as the Bills winning and then falling flat on their face... they were a young team with A LOT of injuries last year... over 20 guys on IR. The Kevin Everett injury plagued them for a few weeks after it happened as well.

Um, by the looks of things, the Jets, yes they are overspending, but no doubt are a better football team than last year. To say otherwise is not realistic. Now, does that translate to playoff team? Not yet. It comes down to the offense and QB.

The Jets are the only ones who have beaten the Patriots recently (besides us, who dont matter right now). The Bills havent even come close. The Bills beat some teams and then fall flat on their face the next week. So, to me, its really just ludicrous to suggest that anyone is better than anyone else minus the NE Patriots.

I said he was a decent QB. But a good rookie.

No...you said:

Nasty Mcgahee said:
Trent had a good season as a QB, but a great season as a rookie QB.

Nasty Mcgahee said:
You forget it was his first year in the league playing in an offense with an inept coordinator. His completion percentage is low because he played in a blizzard (cleveland) and 60 MPH winds (NYG). Without those 2 games he was at 62%.

I didn't forget anything....I said he was decent for a 3rd round rookie.

And I like the little thing you did there where you get to excuse the player for bad performances which you don't want to count. If I do that for John Beck and don't count the Philly game which was his first start and cold and snowing....he threw for 60% too. :woot:

What if we don't count the Miami game for Edwards, because the Dolphins were so bad last year...what does Trent's 'great season as a rookie QB look then?

140 of 246 for 1465 yards with 3 TD's and 8 INT's - 64.8 rating.

WOW! That's impressive.

But the truth is that all those games do count, and if Edwards wants to be a good QB in Buffalo, he better learn how to throw for better than 35% in those types of games. The kid may wind up being ok. Maybe good. Maybe great....but he's not there yet, and your 30th ranked offense has a way to go.

The Pats and Bills will be on top of the AFCE... The Jets and Phins will be on the bottom again.

We better hope for a great draft because, yes we got younger, but we haven't signed many big name players. reminiscent of what the Bills did when Levy was the GM.
Pats
Bills
Jets
Fins

in that order.

- We have to put the pats on top just because they are the pats.

- The bills Improved thier D-line (even if you dont think highly of Stroud) because Tripplett was a BUM. The bills also got a solid OLB in FA AND Poz will be back after missing most of last season. On O, Edwards and Lynch are more experienced, which can only improve thier performances. The bills still need a WR and TE to be very effective, but there is still time for that. The bills should easily get to .500 if not better.

- The jets overpaid for big name FA, but the FA still improved their team. Their O-Line WILL be better. Their QB, RB, and defense is still up in the air though, so I cant predict them even getting to .500. Maybe 6-7 wins.

- The fins added some ok people in FA. They are definatly one of the few teams that are truly rebuilding. Usually a team says they are rebuilding after a few bad seasons but continue to sign over hyped, overpaid, old players (jets) which is not truly rebuilding. But the fins just have to many holes to fill. They are on the right track, but I cant see them winning more than 5-6 games next season.

No...you said:

And I like the little thing you did there where you get to excuse the player for bad performances which you don't want to count. If I do that for John Beck and don't count the Philly game which was his first start and cold and snowing....he threw for 60% too. :woot:

What if we don't count the Miami game for Edwards, because the Dolphins were so bad last year...what does Trent's 'great season as a rookie QB look then?

WOW! That's impressive.

But the truth is that all those games do count, and if Edwards wants to be a good QB in Buffalo, he better learn how to throw for better than 35% in those types of games. The kid may wind up being ok. Maybe good. Maybe great....but he's not there yet, and your 30th ranked offense has a way to go.
It's basically the same thing. I wasn't dismissing the games which he played in crazy conditions... he is young and will get used to it. Before this season the coldest weather he played in was 50 degrees. I was simply pointing out that his completion percentage was higher before two very crazy games in terms of weather.

It's a given that he needs to play better, but he was a rookie who had a good season for a rookie... not a third round rookie... just a rookie. ESPN was talking about him daily and amazed by his poise and control of the huddle, his quick decision making and fast release... That's NOT what they were saying about Beck.

Still a lot of smack talk from a team that went 1-15 last year.
Tell me about it? I don't know why they are this confident, or this quick to put down a team that had 7 times more wins than they had. To put down a team that, on paper (which is all we have right now) is light-years ahead of theirs.

Well, I should expect it though, they were saying the same thing last off season... how they would challenge New England and how they will own the east again... they were wrong then, and they're wrong now... No team is further away from a superbowl than these Miami Dolphins.

Tell me about it? I don't know why they are this confident, or this quick to put down a team that had 7 times more wins than they had. To put down a team that, on paper (which is all we have right now) is light-years ahead of theirs.

Well, I should expect it though, they were saying the same thing last off season... how they would challenge New England and how they will own the east again... they were wrong then, and they're wrong now... No team is further away from a superbowl than these Miami Dolphins.

Just like the bills fans over the bills forums:rolleyes2:

No...you said:

WOW! That's impressive.

You make a lot of fair points. But a couple of things to remember about those games against Cleveland: 1) Edwards had about the same stats as Derek Anderson and 2) against the Giants, Edwards outplayed the Super MVP (Eli had 2 ints and 7 fumbles). In fact before the monsoon came and our pro bowl LT got hurt in the 2nd quarter, he was lighting up the champs with 2 tds.

It obviously could got either way but I'm fully confident in Edwards. He avoids dumb sacks and plays much better than JP.

Just like the bills fans over the bills forums:rolleyes2:
I don't recall bills fans ever saying this... but if they did, they were a lot closer to being right than Phins fans.

Why can't you admit that the Bills are MUCH further along than the Phins?

I don't recall bills fans ever saying this... but if they did, they were a lot closer to being right than Phins fans.

Why can't you admit that the Bills are MUCH further along than the Phins?

Well, I do

NE won the division, and you can't argue much about that, until you actually win the division come here to talk

Well, I do

NE won the division, and you can't argue much about that, until you actually win the division come here to talk
I don't understand your point?

I'll ask again: Why can't you admit that the Bills are MUCH further ahead than the Dolphins?

I don't understand your point?

I'll ask again: Why can't you admit that the Bills are MUCH further ahead than the Dolphins?

My point is: new england owns the division until proven otherwise, until you actually win the division then come here to talk, comprende?

My point is: new england owns the division until proven otherwise, until you actually win the division then come here to talk, comprende?

This is a forum where anyone can express their opinion and others can state why they agree or disagree without being bullied or harassed.

I'm not a MOD but I am asking that you at least keep it civil, please.

I do agree with you 100% that the East is NE's.

In keeping with the topic I too believe that the Bills and Pats sit attop the AFC East with the Jets climbing their way up to the Bills.

Pre Draft:
Pats 10-6: Brady, Moss, Welker, Moroney, the O-Line.

Bills 8-8 possibly 9-7: Injured players returning, FAs and Trading for Stroud upgrades the Run Defense instantly.

Jets 8-8: Bought themselves a .500 team.

Phins 4-12 to 5-11: Still not a very good team at all.

Back
Top Bottom