Well... before the draft it's looking like | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... before the draft it's looking like

If what you say is true then all the more the follwing quote has no bearing.

Self contradiction.

Here let me spell it out for you.....What "fans think" of last year, has no effect on the following year!

On the other hand, History shows teams can turn things around quickly, "if" they make the right moves.

Buffalo is notorious for being cheap especially under Wilson, it's why they won't be successful. Example: Rogers VS Stroud, Rogers was the better player, his stats support the fact, why is Stroud a Bill and not Rogers? Money!!! Obviously Bill fans have convinced themselves that Stroud is this huge addition, when clearly there was a better option, but since Stroud still represents an improvement over what you had, it's automatically a huge change for the Bills and well they must be a division front runner!! Uhhh, it doesn't work that way.

First of all Stroud hasn't been a great player in over two years now, which is why Jacksonville was willing to let him go. He has injury and off field issues. Buffalo may have upgraded what they had at DT but seriously, how hard was that to do??

Miami on the other hand is willing to do whatever it takes to win. I think the two teams history proves this to be true, as the Dolphins are ten times more successful then the Bills since day one.

The Bills Dolphins head to head match is so one sided it isn't even funny, the post season success is well in favor of the Dolphins. Obviously the Championships favor the Dolphins. And Miami is the younger franchise.

As you can see, there is a way to not be successful following a bad year and there is a way to be successful following a bad year. "The Bills philosophy" is why they won't succeed and the Dolphins philosophy is the reason why they could. The Bills don't do everything they can to improve, but at least the Dolphins try.

Either way is no guarantee, but odds favor the teams willing to go over and above. It's really sad that I need to spell this out for you...denial? I would say so.

First of all Stroud hasn't been a great player in over two years now, which is why Jacksonville was willing to let him go. He has injury and off field issues. Buffalo may have upgraded what they had at DT but seriously, how hard was that to do??
last year is last year.

ftp said:
Miami on the other hand is willing to do whatever it takes to win. I think the two teams history proves this to be true, as the Dolphins are ten times more successful then the Bills since day one.

The Bills Dolphins head to head match is so one sided it isn't even funny, the post season success is well in favor of the Dolphins. Obviously the Championships favor the Dolphins. And Miami is the younger franchise.

As you can see, there is a way to not be successful following a bad year and there is a way to be successful following a bad year. "The Bills philosophy" is why they won't succeed and the Dolphins philosophy is the reason why they could. The Bills don't do everything they can to improve, but at least the Dolphins try.

Either way is no guarantee, but odds favor the teams willing to go over and above. It's really sad that I need to spell this out for you...denial? I would say so.
If miami does what needs to be done to win , why are you 1-15?

Sad that you have to go back to all the way to 1970's.

FYI, someone said last year was last year.
Right now you are rebuilding. Just like when Saban was rebuilding or last year when you were rebuilding. Chances are you won't be better than the bills. Wanna make a bet?

last year is last year.

As far as what the fans think, yes it is!!

If miami does what needs to be done to win , why are you 1-15?

I didn't say Miami "does" what needs to be done, I said Miami tries as hard as they can to do what they need to do to win. Shall I spell out the difference in above for you too, or do you actually see the difference?

Here this may help, Miami's owner gives the coaches and FO anything they feel they need to succeed without interference, Does Ralph do this? No, not even close. Just because the coaches are given whatever they need doesn't mean their decision will work out, but the odds favor the teams who's owners are willing to do whatever they can to ensure success. It's really very simple.

Sad that you have to go back to all the way to 1970's.

Ummm, I think if you go back and actually read what I wrote, you'll notice I talked about the teams entire history, not the "70's"! So I'm not real sure what the heck you're talking about.

FYI, someone said last year was last year.
Right now you are rebuilding. Just like when Saban was rebuilding or last year when you were rebuilding. Chances are you won't be better than the bills. Wanna make a bet?

Again I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, but Miami may very well be rebuilding and they may have been rebuilding since Saban was the HC. There are no guarantees in life, so you try to put yourself in the best position possible to succeed. Have the Bills be doing this?

Lets see, is Dick Juron the Best the Bills could do? No, but at the time he was cheaper then other options...what a shock.

Was Saban the best the Dolphins could do at the time? There sure seem to be a lot of teams that thought so. As he was very hot at the time.

The point, the Bills do whats best for their bottom line, the Dolphins don't have a bottom line. WH has basically been an open check book. Now I know you get this concept, so lets stop playing games. As for betting that's a an endeavor for the foolish because in this type of bet neither of us have control over the outcome and since I have no control, I have no desire to bet. Does it change the fact that the Bills philosophy is predicated on making money and the Dolphins philosophy is as Al Davis would say "just win baby". Miami has and always will have a better chance to succeed.

I'm glad to hear someone call the Bills cheap, especially after everyone says that they overpaid D.Dockery and L Walker last year and some are even trying to say that the Bills spent too much for K. Mitchel.

There are no guarantees in life, so you try to put yourself in the best position possible to succeed. Have the Bills be doing this?

I believe they have. Miami on the other hand... not so much.

Passing on Quinn last year and taking Ted Ginn jr in the first round. There was a possibility the Phins could have built an Offense around Quinn but not Ginn jr. How about hiring M Mularkey after seeing what a train wreck he was in Buffalo when it came to calling plays, is that really the best the Dolphins could do. WH open checkbook was stuck shut when he had the choice between Brees and Pep, or keeping Zach but he couldn't stop writing zeros on the check he handed over to Joey Porter when the Defense didn't even need him. Was pushing Welker and Chambers out and embracing Ricky putting the team in the best position to succeed?

Teams make mistakes and pull some really bonehead moves sometimes but some of these things (see above) make it look like the Phins don't have a clue or is purposely trying to fail.

You can bash Jauron all you want and it wont change the fact that over the past few years he and both his GMs have done away with the circus act they came into and gave some respectability to the team. They have made some pretty good moves through Free Agency, the Draft and Trades as well.

The Dolphins have done poorly when it comes to Free Agency, The Draft and Trades. In recent years the Phins have done next to nothing to put themselves in the best position to succeed. If they were trying then they have been failing miserably.

The Dolphins have done poorly when it comes to Free Agency, The Draft and Trades. In recent years the Phins have done next to nothing to put themselves in the best position to succeed. If they were trying then they have been failing miserably.

I'm not going to get into how cheap the Bills are with you, because if you believe the Bills aren't cheap then you haven't been paying attention.

A far as how the Dolphins have done in FA, that has nothing to do with an owner who's willing to do what he can to make the team better. WH hires a man and gives them whatever they ask for without interfering. That's why Miami will always have a better chance to win.

A far as how the Dolphins have done in FA, that has nothing to do with an owner who's willing to do what he can to make the team better. WH hires a man and gives them whatever they ask for without interfering. That's why Miami will always have a better chance to win.

Then how come they don't?

Then how come they don't?

They do, no team will be successful "every year", but Miami has been and will continue to be one of the most successful franchises in the NFL. I think the Dolphins are right on the heels of the Oakland Raiders for most wins ever in NFL history.

They do, no team will be successful "every year", but Miami has been and will continue to be one of the most successful franchises in the NFL. I think the Dolphins are right on the heels of the Oakland Raiders for most wins ever in NFL history.

This is a "what have you done for me lately" world and no one thinks Miami is a successful franchise. Don't believe me, next time your kid plays Madden tell him he can only use the Dolphins and watch him throw a fit. Or tell your buddies that you'll be drafting ANYONE from Miami in the first 4 rounds of your fantasy draft and watch the looks you get.

Maybe decades ago, some time in the last millenium, Miami was a feared and dominant team. I wont agrue that. But in the last several years the Dolphins have been a long running joke. From Wanny, to Ricky, to the Daunte led Super Bowl Contenders, to passing on Brady Quinn to select Ted Ginn jr, to the league's worst record of 1-15 just last season.

Now here we are in 2008 and for this years draft I'm seriously considering setting my kids drum kit up in the living room so I can do rim shots every time the Phins make a selection. Not to say that BP is going to draft crappy players but when it comes to todays Dolphins the punchline never seems to end.

This is a "what have you done for me lately" world and no one thinks Miami is a successful franchise..
Depends on who you are talking to.

FTP said the fins have a better chance of winning over the bills alst year. He'll keep saying that until he gets it right and then say I told you so after being wrong most of the time.

As for betting that's a an endeavor for the foolish because in this type of bet neither of us have control over the outcome and since I have no control, I have no desire to bet.
thought so.

I don't have control over the bills as well but I'm willing to back up my opinions . You say the fins will always have a better chance to win , back it up.

I'm not talking about a cash bet. just a banning bet. Whoever losses gets banned. You game?

Back
Top Bottom