Well... before the draft it's looking like | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... before the draft it's looking like

Depends on who you are talking to.

FTP said the fins have a better chance of winning over the bills alst year. He'll keep saying that until he gets it right and then say I told you so after being wrong most of the time.

And I'll never see a Bills SB victory in my lifetime.

thought so.

I don't have control over the bills as well but I'm willing to back up my opinions . You say the fins will always have a better chance to win , back it up.

I never bet, how many times do I have to explain this to you. It has nothing to do with my opinion or what I believe.

Ted Ginn with the 9th overall pick. Thats how success starts right there.

What?? Haven't you heard?? Ted Ginn (the guy they all hated on draft day yet fell in love with a week later) is the next Devin Hester/Steve Smith/Jerry Rice/Randy Moss/Torry Holt/Anquan Boldin all in one!!!!:sidelol:

I dont see why the Jets will be so bad. I can see all three rivals at .500 or better next year.

They have no answer at quarterback, they need running back help, and their receiving core is weak especially considering the Jets and Coles are in a contract dispute. Paying out their eyeballs for over rated free agents isn't going to help.

As it stands right now, I'd predict the division winds up like this.

New England 11-5
Buffalo 9-7
NY Jets 6-10
Miami 6-10

Then in 2009, I think division is completely up for grabs. I see the Bills getting stronger with each coming year while the Pats begin their decline and I firmly believe we've seen the end of the tainted dynasty. As for the Jets, in a couple of years they're going to have no idea what to do with these massive contracts they're dishing out. Parcells will have the Dolphins compeitive again really soon so I think this division will start getting pretty exciting as early as 2009 again.

Man, I need to frequent this forum more often. I forgot just how silly our opposing fans sound most of the time.

This is what I think we're going to be looking like:

New England 12-4
Buffalo 8-8
New York 6-10
Miami 5-11

This is what I think we're going to be looking like:

New England 12-4
Buffalo 8-8
New York 6-10
Miami 5-11
That looks realistic, but I don't see how the Dolphins can improve by 4 wins but the Bills only improve by 1 win, and NY 2.... When the Jets and Bills both have had a better FA right now than Miami.

Want to talk about succes?

whitner with the 8th overall pick, now THAT'S what I call success
You mean the same Donte Whitner who statistically outperforms Michael Huff every year since being drafted?

p.s. Michael Huff went before him in the draft.

Statistically Whitner isn't far off from Bob Sanders... a few less tackles... sacks is where Sanders looks much better than Whitner.... but the Bills don't blitz the safeties. He has the same amount of turnovers as Sanders.

Whitner is and will be a force in this league... a top notch safety.

He had a decent year last year and he had to pick up the slack from Jimmy Leonhard.

The Pats and Bills will be on top of the AFCE... The Jets and Phins will be on the bottom again.

We better hope for a great draft because, yes we got younger, but we haven't signed many big name players. reminiscent of what the Bills did when Levy was the GM.

Look, we know you guys are riding high after your "good" (by Bills fan standards) season last year. Even though it didn't end up with a playoff birth, and 4 of your 7 wins came against the Jets and Fins who both scored more points last season while undergoing big changes on the offensive side of the ball, and you got woefully embarrassed by the Pats, and blew that game on MNF, etc..

The Bills aren't a lock for anything next season.

You mean the same Donte Whitner who statistically outperforms Michael Huff every year since being drafted?

p.s. Michael Huff went before him in the draft.

Statistically Whitner isn't far off from Bob Sanders... a few less tackles... sacks is where Sanders looks much better than Whitner.... but the Bills don't blitz the safeties. He has the same amount of turnovers as Sanders.

Whitner is and will be a force in this league... a top notch safety.

He had a decent year last year and he had to pick up the slack from Jimmy Leonhard.

Really? Many here consider Jason Allen a bust, here are his numbers: 2007 for Allen 2006 for Simpson since Simpson did nothing in 07!

Jason Allen, 07'

G: 16

GS: 9

TKLS: 62

Sacks: 0

INT's: 3

Ko Simpson, 06'

GS: 15

TKLS: 76

Sacks: 1

INT's: 2

You say " Whitner is and will be a force in this league... a top notch safety." Since Allens numbers are basically the same shall we believe that same of him? Cause many Dolphin fans seem un-impressed with Allens numbers to this point, but you label Ko a future stud? A little homer love fest? Absolutely!!!!

Look, we know you guys are riding high after your "good" (by Bills fan standards) season last year. Even though it didn't end up with a playoff birth, and 4 of your 7 wins came against the Jets and Fins who both scored more points last season while undergoing big changes on the offensive side of the ball, and you got woefully embarrassed by the Pats, and blew that game on MNF, etc..

The Bills aren't a lock for anything next season.

Bill fans consistently consider their record a success, no matter if they're 2 games under 500 or not. The Bills have a very tough time winning games against teams that are above 500, but their fans don't ever consider this when talking about a "successful 7-9 season". I emphasize "successful 7-9 season" because to them that's successful.

They come out every spring talking about two pickups that will put them on par with the Pats and a shot at the division tittle, but every year it's the same for them. They already have Trent Edwards a lock for success as they did with JP as they did with Rob Johnson. If one of their fans cautions the rest about their over reaction to the mild success, they're cast out as a bad egg, rather then understanding limited success is just that.

This is of course a result of never having success and living off the tiniest glimmer of hope as a fan. Oh but they beat the Jets and Dolphins twice last year so they're light years ahead of everyone in the division that lost to them, like every year doesn't bring change and what happened last year has zero effect on the next year. When your favorite team has never given you as a fan anything worthy of remembering, you tend to over react to every little thing that's positive and expect respect from it.

The Bill fans also refuse to accept the fact the their beloved Bills never seem to land the Randy Mosses and Terrell Owens of the world instead they get the "hey, I'll play for less kinda talent" or "hey, I'll coach for less" then the Bill fans convince themselves they have the same talent. Example: Stroud! Hasn't done much of anything the last two years missed a ton of games has issue with injuries and performance enhancing drugs, enough so to get him suspended for most of the year, but Bill fans use his signing to give their team the best grade in FA even though Stroud wasn't a FA. It's laughable the way Bill fans react and talk about their team then trash everyone else's teams.

Really? Many here consider Jason Allen a bust, here are his numbers: 2007 for Allen 2006 for Simpson since Simpson did nothing in 07!

Jason Allen, 07'

GS: 9

TKLS: 62

Sacks: 0

INT's: 3

Ko Simpson, 06'

GS: 15

TKLS: 76

Sacks: 1

INT's: 2

You say " Whitner is and will be a force in this league... a top notch safety." Since Allens numbers are basically the same shall we believe that same of him? Cause many Dolphin fans seem un-impressed with Allens numbers to this point, but you label Ko a future stud? A little homer love fest? Absolutely!!!!
I think most fans are unimpressed with his ability to tackle and that he constantly gets beat deep. Whitner on the other hand almost always tackles the guy he hits and rarely gets caught out of position.

Back
Top Bottom