Well Suh's Not Worth $14 Million Either. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well Suh's Not Worth $14 Million Either.

It's ok, in all of Davies wisdom, Suh will still be getting game checks next year from Miami HQ.

People say he wasnt worth the money. But while in Miami did his work between the lines and allowed others 1v1 matchups that most could never take advantage of. Then with all that Davie wisdom and FH approval and echo chamber talking points we have the Dolphins run defense go from bad to worse, but hey at least Suh isnt here anymore not being a Gase guy! Or something.

It was the right move to sign him and cut him.

It was the right move to sign him and cut him.

Yep right move to cut him. Watching our defense go from bad to trash while continuing to pay him not only for this year but next is awesome stuff.

Yep he did get doubled and create one on ones that the players couldn’t take advantage of. Hence, that is why I said we shouldn’t signed him. We were not one player away. Awful contract too. You don’t pay d tackles qb money. And when he signed that was actually what it was back then.

Some of you can’t leave the gase stuff out of any thread. Has nothing to do with him being a gase guy. He shouldn’t have been signed. Lol too much money and we didn’t have enough talent around him. Btw he wasn’t a philibin guy either. Queasy was not too happy when we signed him.

I remember telling my friend Miami signed suh. He said it didn’t matter. Miami didn’t have a coach or qb. Those two are most important. That was all that mattered.

I kind of ignored him. But he was correct.

Well in real life, he was signed and his presence on the field however minimal you people make it, showed this year as the Dolphins went from a bad defense to a trash defense without him. All the while he continues to receive a check from Davie in 2018 and 2019.

And yes it's about "Gase bags guys" as it's being used ad nauseam for over a year as a talking point by Gase defenders.

He's a major contract on the top seed in the NFC and you guys say he's past his prime? Get real. The guy is a force, demands double coverage and is an absolute beast.
Used to be the case but if you watch the Rams play you will see he looks like a JAG which is really odd. Aaron Donald is doing what Suh used to do back in his Detroit days - and will be DPOY easily.

Lineman both offensive and defensive generally peak between 27 and 29. Anything else is a bonus.

On a side why are the Rams having Suh play NT? That's bizarre .

Lineman both offensive and defensive generally peak between 27 and 29. Anything else is a bonus.

On a side why are the Rams having Suh play NT? That's bizarre .
Rams run a base three man front, but it is very fluid. They have three big bodies in that front and they're happy to move them around almost interchangeably. I've seen Suh anywhere from 1 to 5 technique in that front, and only rarely at 0. Mind you I've only seen a couple games against the Seahawks, but that's what I've observed.

Suh peaked at Nebraska. I don't think there is any question about it. He has never been as impressive in the NFL and it's not simply the level of competition.

Some guys are never as good as they were earlier. Earl Campbell is perhaps the premier example. He may be an NFL legend but he was never as good with the Oilers as at Texas. Jerry Magee the terrific San Diego sportswriter used to emphasize that in his Pro Football Weekly columns, and he was absolutely correct. Campbell was lighter and more shifty in college. From his rookie year I was stunned at how much he had lost in translation.

Suh peaked at Nebraska. I don't think there is any question about it. He has never been as impressive in the NFL and it's not simply the level of competition.

Some guys are never as good as they were earlier. Earl Campbell is perhaps the premier example. He may be an NFL legend but he was never as good with the Oilers as at Texas. Jerry Magee the terrific San Diego sportswriter used to emphasize that in his Pro Football Weekly columns, and he was absolutely correct. Campbell was lighter and more shifty in college. From his rookie year I was stunned at how much he had lost in translation.

The game Suh had against Texas in I think the B12 championship (I think) was one for the ages.

Suh was a force with Detroit and was a monster in their playoff game against Dallas.
He played at very high level for us early on, but his best years are certainly behind him.
Give me a young version of Bowens and Gardener and all will be good.

Dum ass could of been a hall of famer but he got soft and greedy.

Suh is still an effective player he is just not as dominant as he once was. We were just morons for restructuring his contract and than releasing him the next offseason. The contract was fine until we got rid of that out in his contract with the restructure. Yes he never lived up to the money but he was still a very good player for us.

The Rams problem defensively has been that secondary. Peter's has just been bad, it really is odd to see.

S
Campbell was lighter and more shifty in college. From his rookie year I was stunned at how much he had lost in translation.

We're you also stunned that Earl made the pro bowl(when it meant something) 5 times or all pro 3 times...or the HALL OF FAME?
such an amazing drop off!!!

We're you stunned when Earl put up 55 tds in his first 4 years
considering how much he had lost?

You must have been stunned when Earl had
6,457 yards rushing in his first 4 seasons...such a shame ?

Maybe the Dolphins can draft a few players like
Earl Campbell and may they have a similar drop off in play
from college to the NFL

Back
Top Bottom