well we should start to talk with wally´s agent now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

well we should start to talk with wally´s agent now

Al13

Don´t mess with Clint
Reaction score
he had 2 more sacks last night and has 7 now for the year, i hope we can get an extension for him in the near future, if not i can see someone paying him the big bucks in the offseason, this should be our top priority besides QB this offseason, i think we let go todd wade and put even more in our Defense

how is david bowens btw ??? wasn´t he suppose to be back by mid to end of november ??? heard nothing about him the last few weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Should have started working on this one two weeks ago.

I don't know what Wann/Spiel's fascination with David Bowens is. They gave the guy a big contract and he's stayed hurt. He's really only played a few games during his first season. Yet, Ogunleye gets the start last year, seemingly grudgingly, and all he's done is produce.

yes, this is the guy we should sign. then we should draft 3 more Olinemen. or get a good 4 year vet in FA. time for ruddy/wade/dixon/and maybe perry(if his contract is up, i still like him though) to go.

people who will be gone IMO:

jay Fiedler
Mark Dixon
Ruddy
Wade
A. Freeman
thompson?
Matt Turk (even though he is punting good)
maybe jamie Nails if he doens tget his act together

O-gun is a RFA after this season. He'll get no long-term deal until the spring of 2005. Instead, the Dolphins will put a $1 million-ish tender on him and force any team that wants to outbid us for him to send us a first-round pick.

Originally posted by finfan54
yes, this is the guy we should sign. then we should draft 3 more Olinemen. or get a good 4 year vet in FA. time for ruddy/wade/dixon/and maybe perry(if his contract is up, i still like him though) to go.

jay Fiedler
Mark Dixon
Ruddy
Wade
A. Freeman
thompson?

We must keep Freeman imo.

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
O-gun is a RFA after this season. He'll get no long-term deal until the spring of 2005. Instead, the Dolphins will put a $1 million-ish tender on him and force any team that wants to outbid us for him to send us a first-round pick.

Agree overall, but it would not surprise me to see us tender him at a 1 and 3, especially after the Coles incident this season.

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
O-gun is a RFA after this season.

Isn't he unrestricted? He signed the 1-year tender offer this year.. :confused:

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Isn't he unrestricted? He signed the 1-year tender offer this year.. :confused:

thats what i thought. but here is something else to consider. the kid we picked up as a free agent. i cant remember his name, but he is on either our practice squad or even our roster! spielman really loves this kid and he could be the next Wally. just something to keep in the back of your mind. If you do put a tag on him for the sake of getting a major 1st rounder, yo do it IMO and get some serious O linemen.

thats what i thought. but here is something else to consider. the kid we picked up as a free agent. i cant remember his name, but he is on either our practice squad or even our roster! spielman really loves this kid and he could be the next Wally. just something to keep in the back of your mind. If you do put a tag on him for the sake of getting a major 1st rounder, yo do it IMO and get some serious O linemen.

Lamanzer(s/p) Williams?

Wally has been great, you keep players like that.

O-gun was an exclusive rights player this year. That means that if O-gun wanted to play this year, he had to take whatever the Dolphins felt like giving him. Next year, other teams can make offers but the Dolphins can either match or accept draft picks.

I think Wally is only going to get better. Before he got hurt at Indiana he was a projected first round pick.

Yeah, well he was hurt. That never comes back. He also never gets double teamed. He would be worth the 1st IMO. Get an O-lineman and a WR this draft and boom, we're unstoppable if they pan out.

Originally posted by jimmyjam
I think Wally is only going to get better. Before he got hurt at Indiana he was a projected first round pick.

Funny thing is, he was projected ahead of.. don-dah-dah-donnnnnnn.. THE FREAK! :eek:

He's RFA. He was an EFA prior to this season and signed the tender offer that was sweetened with incentives.

The 1st rd tender for RFA in 2003 was $1.318 million, so it's likely to be close to $1.5 million this coming off-season.

jay Fiedler
Mark Dixon
Ruddy
Wade
A. Freeman
thompson?

Why would you not re-rign Turk?

Back
Top Bottom