We’re Almost At...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We’re Almost At......

EasyRider

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The finish line guys. Our pain is is down to the last three weeks. This is going to be a very poignant offseason for us. Think about it, we will have endured a season like no other. Even in that 1-15 season under Cameron we knew we weren’t gonna be that good but did you really think we’d win only one game? I didn’t. And that season was downright miserable.

This season was like no other as we watched Grier cut this team down to a roster of practice squad players and you knew going in it was gonna be ugly. For me, I was relaxed about it, for this was the real first rebuild I felt the organization was serious about. The front office was honest and not trying to sell us anything and asked us for our patience. They pulled no punches.Other teams like the Eagles and Cowboys were talking a big game in preseason with all the aspirations and they both sucked up the place. They fooled and screwed their fans. Nothing worse than watching your own team, a contending team, go in reverse and have zero answers. Their fans have to feel they’ve been taken for a ride.
I never bought into the “tanking” drivel, no NFL player or coach would go along with that.

I guess what I’m trying to say is I felt no pressure going in because at least I knew what to expect especially when there should be bright days ahead. And I say should be because the franchise is in Grier’s hands. If this guy knows what he’s doing we will hail him a hero and he’ll get the keys to the city. If he’s a fraud we are screwed for years to come. Think about it, all that money available and all those draft picks flushed down the drain because of one GM. I don’t recall the Fins EVER being in this position before. When the SB winner is crowned this year our new season starts. It’ll be insanely exciting just counting down the days to see what Grier has up his sleeve.

This loser of a season really could’ve been a lot worse. Instead it has shown flashes of what could be for our future. It showed me that we may of just found the right coach and his staff. Think about it for a second, most franchises who have rebuild seasons with a new coach find they are still clueless about what they have at seasons end. I think we’re all feeling pretty good about Flores already. It’s still early I get it and the jury is still out but I bet most of us here are feeling a little bit better about this hire than when he was brought on board.

Think about this. Devante Parker, Preston Wilson, Laird, Boehm, Gesicke, McMillan, Baker, Needham, Rowe, Wilkins, Sanders, 110M to spend and 13 draft picks, three in the first round alone. Just a few things to look forward to. I always say that you must have things in life to look forward to to keep you alive and inspired. For me, I’ll add this one to the list, should be a fun few months starting in March

Last edited:
Think about this.....Xavien Howard.

Try harder.

This is the big leagues of fan forums.

The finish line guys. Our pain is is down to the last three weeks. This is going to be a very poignant offseason for us. Think about it, we will have endured a season like no other. Even in that 1-15 season under Cameron we knew we weren’t gonna be that good but did you really think we’d win only one game? I didn’t. And that season was downright miserable.

This season was like no other as we watched Grier cut this team down to a roster of practice squad players and you knew going in it was gonna be ugly. For me, I was relaxed about it, for this was the real first rebuild I felt the organization was serious about. The front office was honest and not trying to sell us anything and asked us for our patience. They pulled no punches.Other teams like the Eagles and Cowboys were talking a big game in preseason with all the aspirations and they both sucked up the place. They fooled and screwed their fans. Nothing worse than watching your own team, a contending team, go in reverse and have zero answers. Their fans have to feel they’ve been taken for a ride.
I never bought into the “tanking” drivel, no NFL player or coach would go along with that.

I guess what I’m trying to say is I felt no pressure going in because at least I knew what to expect especially when there should be bright days ahead. And I say should be because the franchise is in Grier’s hands. If this guy knows what he’s doing we will hail him a hero and he’ll get the keys to the city. If he’s a fraud we are screwed for years to come. Think about it, all that money available and all those draft picks flushed down the drain because of one GM. I don’t recall the Fins EVER being in this position before. When the SB winner is crowned this year our new season starts. It’ll be insanely exciting just counting down the days to see what Grier has up his sleeve.

This loser of a season really could’ve been a lot worse. Instead it has shown flashes of what could be for our future. It showed me that we may of just found the right coach and his staff. Think about it for a second, most franchises who have rebuild seasons with a new coach find they are still clueless about what they have at seasons end. I think we’re all feeling pretty good about Flores already. It’s still early I get it and the jury is still out but I bet most of us here are feeling a little bit better about this hire than when he was brought on board.

Think about this. Devante Parker, Preston Wilson, Laird, Boehm, Gesicke, McMillan, Baker, Needham, Rowe, Wilkins, Sanders, 110M to spend and 13 draft picks, three in the first round alone. Just a few things to look forward to. I always say that you must have things in life to look forward to to keep you alive and inspired. For me, I’ll add this one to the list, should be a fun few months starting in March
Nice post Easy, I'm on the train...

Pain? This has been one of the more exciting and hopeful season i've had in awhile as a Dolphins fan.
I've seen more growth in this team and organization than most of those 4,5,6,7,8 win seasons.
This is sad ...I completely agree ...but man this is sad :lol:

I've also been enjoying this season a lot, I think it has everything to do with the pressure being off immediately. We were under no illusion this season, we knew it was going to be tough sledding so we got to look for any and all improvements in units rather than just focusing on W's and L's.

I've said it at least a million times, but Flo has my support let's just see how this draft and FA period works out because he can be dangerous if we actually get some blue-chips for him.

The future is lit. We see it. Everybody is seeing it even the NFL teams are seeing it. Let the chips fall where they may. But, next year opponents are brutal even worse than this year. But we need to win in our division either we split all 3 or sweep one. I am expecting in 2020 5-11 to 8-8. 2021 11-5 (PLAYOFFS) 2022 14-2 (#1 SEED AFC CHAMPS HFA). If we do not make the playoffs by year 3 and fall short that year and next it may be a while. But, I have confidence in Coach Flo and his style of coaching and I demand as a fan its time to take over the AFC EAST and be a perennial contender for Super Bowls in 3 years. Us fans have had enough!!! We want a WINNER and your going give it to us!!! Who's with me!!!!

The best part has been the coaching staff. After four games, I really wondered about this group. The team started so poorly, but also had something like 14 players who didn't even go through training camp with the team. I think you have to dismiss that early season start.

Player development is happening, schemes are working considering the talent level. It's exciting to think what this team can become with more talent.

The quarterback position is of the utmost importance, but I do think this staff can develop a quarterback.

Until Grier proves he can identify talent, I am gonna pump the breaks. Grier's "first" draft this year has been completely underwhelming.

These guys excel in player development. Parker goes down and Ford steps right in and almost looks like Parker. They got gold out of Gisecki and he's playing with big time confidence. We've got DBs that basically just got here making plays on game day. This staff can produce a championship, I believe that. Flores will be intimately involved with every off season move we make. The brain trust is Grier, Allen, McKensie and Flores. I have faith in these guys. They're going to hit on some future stars for us! Better days are coming!

Not tanking but no pressure to win so which one is it???

if you aren’t playing and planning to win you are playing planning to lose - or losing is acceptable coasting for the future is acceptable that is tanking

I love how some continue to talk out of their sides of their mouths for clicks like politicians

Back
Top Bottom