Wes Welker- Kicker! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wes Welker- Kicker!

DolFan707

Almost There Since 1973...
Reaction score
I know it is only Mini-Camp but can anyone explain this:
watkl9-1.jpg

(by the way this field goal was good)

He kicked for the Dolphins in 2004 when Mare was hurt. It was actually against the Patriots. He made every kick he tried that game, which caused me to start to hate him.

I remember he kicked one extra point, one field goal, and one kickoff which he tackled the returner, but why is he practicing kicking and not catching? And where is your kicker?

I remember he kicked one extra point, one field goal, and one kickoff which he tackled the returner, but why is he practicing kicking and not catching? And where is your kicker?

It was at the end of practice and they were just doing it for fun. Gostkowski ended the practice the day before, so they let Welker do it this time. The Patriots saw first hand Welker's skills as a kicker and I guess they wanted to see them for themselves. He attempted two field goals, he missed one and he made one. Believe it or not, Belichick actually has a sense of humor. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have a wide reciever on the roster who can also serve as an emergency kicker.

And they also had Testaverde doing drop kicks. Seriously.

From that picture, the angle he was on seems like this was the kick he missed.

But yeah, Welker is multi-talented.

They are just preparing for a worst case scenario, that is one of the things that makes Belichick great- he prepares for every situation.

I just can't wait till little Wessy runs a crossing route on Zach. You bad mouth the Dolphins, you basically are saying it to the players and I don't think ZT, JT and JP will take too kindly to it.

I just can't wait till little Wessy runs a crossing route on Zach. You bad mouth the Dolphins, you basically are saying it to the players and I don't think ZT, JT and JP will take too kindly to it.

he didn't bad mouth anybody.... he told the truth.

he didn't bad mouth anybody.... he told the truth.
Exactly...I for one will miss Wes, but would still take a 2nd round pick for him anyday of the week. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom