WHAT an ending!!!...Bills Lose...!!! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WHAT an ending!!!...Bills Lose...!!!

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You're right he 'retired' ;)

6-10 just helped him 'retire' :lol:

Yet its funny when he says he is no longer 'retired' and the Bills need a coach, good old Ralph doesn't call....hmmmmm.

Wanny 64%
Levy 63%
you forgot to say "You're right , the bills will win more than 6 games " :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You're right he 'retired' ;)

6-10 just helped him 'retire' :lol:
:huh:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Yet its funny when he says he is no longer 'retired' and the Bills need a coach, good old Ralph doesn't call....hmmmmm.

Wanny 64%
Levy 63%
Where do you see this?

And I thought we already showed that your Wanny winning pct. is off. :shakeno:

AmishJihad said:
Where do you see this?

Marv Levy was on local radio stating that he wanted to coach again and would love to coach the Bills. He never got a call.

AmishJihad said:
And I thought we already showed that your Wanny winning pct. is off.

Bills fans are critical of the job Wanny has done in Miami. Frankly, I don't care what his record was in Chicago. Its not any more relevant than Belichick's Cleveland record or Levy's record with the Chiefs. I only used Levy's record for the Bills to compare against Wanny's record with the Fins.

I guarantee that no Bills fans realize that Wanny has a better regular season winning % with the Fins than any Bills coach has with the Bills.

Basically, although he may not be the best coach around, he doesn't deserve the crap he gets and is on par with other coaches that are considered good.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I guarantee that no Bills fans realize that Wanny has a better regular season winning % with the Fins than any Bills coach has with the Bills.

Oh it's regular season now. :lol: Congats, that should take him to the HOF..... NOT! :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Marv Levy was on local radio stating that he wanted to coach again and would love to coach the Bills. He never got a call.
Probably because no one took him seriously. i dont think Marv could be successful nowadays. He's older than Gibbs.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Bills fans are critical of the job Wanny has done in Miami. Frankly, I don't care what his record was in Chicago. Its not any more relevant than Belichick's Cleveland record or Levy's record with the Chiefs. I only used Levy's record for the Bills to compare against Wanny's record with the Fins.

Basically, although he may not be the best coach around, he doesn't deserve the crap he gets and is on par with other coaches that are considered good.
Thats not what I meant. Levy was in Buffalo for 11 years. Wannstedt has been in Miami for 4. You cant compare apples to oranges.

So lets compare Levy's first 4 years in Buffalo. He only coached a few games in 86 and 87 was strike shortened. So we start with his first full season, 1988. Heres how that pans out:

1988: 12-4. (AFC East Champs, sweep of the Dolphins and 1 playoff win)
1989: 9-7 (AFC East Champs, sweep of the Dolphins)
1990: 13-3 (AFC East Champs, beat Fins once in reg. season, once in playoff and made SB)
1991: 13-3 (4-Time defending AFCE Champs, sweep of the Phins and made SB)

Those 4 seasons leave Marv with a 46-17 record and a 72% winning percentage. For you to say Wanny is better than Marv in 4 seasons (Marv with 4 AFCE Championships and 3 AFC Championships, and a 8-1 record vs. Miami) is quite laughable. Not to mention in that same time period Wanny has only 1 Division Championship and 2 pitiful playoff appearances.

:goodnight sir, you have just been :0wned: !!!!!

AmishJihad said:
Probably because no one took him seriously. i dont think Marv could be successful nowadays. He's older than Gibbs.

Thats not what I meant. Levy was in Buffalo for 11 years. Wannstedt has been in Miami for 4. You cant compare apples to oranges.

So lets compare Levy's first 4 years in Buffalo. He only coached a few games in 86 and 87 was strike shortened. So we start with his first full season, 1988. Heres how that pans out:

1988: 12-4. (AFC East Champs, sweep of the Dolphins and 1 playoff win)
1989: 9-7 (AFC East Champs, sweep of the Dolphins)
1990: 13-3 (AFC East Champs, beat Fins once in reg. season, once in playoff and made SB)
1991: 13-3 (4-Time defending AFCE Champs, sweep of the Phins and made SB)

Those 4 seasons leave Marv with a 46-17 record and a 72% winning percentage. For you to say Wanny is better than Marv in 4 seasons (Marv with 4 AFCE Championships and 3 AFC Championships, and a 8-1 record vs. Miami) is quite laughable. Not to mention in that same time period Wanny has only 1 Division Championship and 2 pitiful playoff appearances.

:goodnight sir, you have just been :0wned: !!!!!

Are all Bills fans mentally impaired? I already acknowledged Wanny would rank behind Levy. He just ranks above every other Bills coach.

Don't you think it is laughable that Wanny has 5 fewer wins and is considered a bad coach?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Are all Bills fans mentally impaired? I already acknowledged Wanny would rank behind Levy. He just ranks above every other Bills coach.
If you acknowledged that fact how come you keep posting "Wanny 64%, Levy 63%"?

The Dolphins are unusual in comparing all-time coaches. They've only had 3 in the modern era because of Shula's longer than almost anyone tenure. IMO, without Shula's long tenure, the Dolphins would have just as many bad coaches as any other franchise.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Don't you think it is laughable that Wanny has 5 fewer wins and is considered a bad coach?
The difference between Marv and Wanny is this: 4 AFCE Championships, 3 AFC Championships, and a 8-1 record vs. Miami. If Wanny had half of the success that Marv did in the division or the postseason, then maybe he wouldnt be considered a bad coach.

AmishJihad said:
If you acknowledged that fact how come you keep posting "Wanny 64%, Levy 63%"?

Because it is a fact.....

AmishJihad said:
The Dolphins are unusual in comparing all-time coaches. They've only had 3 in the modern era because of Shula's longer than almost anyone tenure. IMO, without Shula's long tenure, the Dolphins would have just as many bad coaches as any other franchise.

Not relevant to the fact that Wanny ranks above every Bills coach except Levy.

AmishJihad said:
The difference between Marv and Wanny is this: 4 AFCE Championships, 3 AFC Championships, and a 8-1 record vs. Miami. If Wanny had half of the success that Marv did in the division or the postseason, then maybe he wouldnt be considered a bad coach.

Wanny has a 6-2 record against the Bills, so? Wanny has had the best record in the AFCE 3 times, so?

I also ignored the fact that you left off Levy's record in the 1986 season (2-5) and the games played by the regular players in 1987 (6-6). Add those in and his winning % is 66%. Levy had a team with the following key players:

Kelly, Reed, Hull, Wolford, Ritcher, Bruce Smith, Talley, Bennett, Smerlas, Conlan

He clearly had a much better roster than Wanny. Why then, are the records so similar?

There are many, many coaches with records worse than Wanny that are considered good coaches. You keep ignoring the fact that Levy had more talent that Wanny to work with. You also keep ignoring that ultimately Levy failed. He had SB quality talent and could not win it. IMO, they were outcoached in the SBs.

It is disingenuous of Bills fans to claim that Levy is a great coach for getting to SBs without wanting to discuss his performance after he got there.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
It is disingenuous of Bills fans to claim that Levy is a great coach for getting to SBs without wanting to discuss his performance after he got there.
He went against 2 of the greatest coaches of ALL TIME (Gibbs and Parcells), and one of the most stocked teams (Dallas) of all time. The odds were against the Bills in ALL but one of the Super Bowls, that one being the first one. And we all know that game could have gone either way. The other SB's the Bills did as expected.

Honestly, I dread to think how SB XXV would have turned out had we played the 49ers. I remember we beat them only because Cofer missed a last second field goal in the "no punt" game.

AmishJihad said:
He went against 2 of the greatest coaches of ALL TIME (Gibbs and Parcells), and one of the most stocked teams (Dallas) of all time. The odds were against the Bills in ALL but one of the Super Bowls, that one being the first one. And we all know that game could have gone either way. The other SB's the Bills did as expected.

Honestly, I dread to think how SB XXV would have turned out had we played the 49ers. I remember we beat them only because Cofer missed a last second field goal in the "no punt" game.

They may have been underdogs in the last 3 SB, but nobody predicted that they would get shredded as bad as they did.

IMO, Levy was a good coach who was handed a stacked roster by Polian. They also happened to rise up just when the rest of the AFC was in a downturn.

Levy ultimately was let down by his blind spot for Walt Corey just as Shula was let down by his blind spot for Olivadotti. In addition, his best players played very poorly in the SBs (except for Thurman in the 1st). Kelly, Thurman, Reed, Bruce, Bennett, Talley all underperformed in the SBs.

There are 4 - 5 potential HOFers that were non-factors in the SBs.

Secondary was definitely a weakness.

Although I do disagree on the stars playing bad in the SB. Reed had 153 yds the 1st Dallas game and I thought Kelly played well in SB 25 & 26. In fact he set a few records playing with a concussion in SB 26.

AmishJihad said:
Secondary was definitely a weakness.

Although I do disagree on the stars playing bad in the SB. Reed had 153 yds the 1st Dallas game and I thought Kelly played well in SB 25 & 26. In fact he set a few records playing with a concussion in SB 26.

Kelly threw 4 ints in SB 26 and 2 ints in only 7 attempts in SB 27.

Reed had the one good game and Thurman had one good game. Check out Thurman's numbers in the last three. Just terrible.

The stars on defense didn't get it done in any of the 4 SBs.

I was mentioning those select incidents.... Your right, they definitely didnt do well. Although Reed was getting mugged all of 26. Thats why he had his helmet throwing tantrum.

Back
Top Bottom