What are ESPN Dolfans thinking? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are ESPN Dolfans thinking?

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
They seem to think that Andrews is a bad choice and that we have to go Linebacker in the first round. Here are some quotes by them:

I wouldn't mind Vilma, he would be our LB over the Top, he could be the next Ray Lewis! Now i want Evans out of all for 20th pick,, either way i just don't like getting an O linemen.

Want to know something about St. Clair and St. Louis. They moved him all around that line from what I have read. He played Center, Guard, and Tackle. The supposed experts who study film say when he stayed in a position he showed lots of improvement.

WHY draft a LB 3rd rd. When there is a Ray Lewis type LB available and is READY to play right now. I myself am happy with the OL as it is now. If anything is done between now and the draft it should be bringing in RFA Ben Hamilton and sign this guy to play Guard or Center. He can play either. He would cost us a 4th rd pick which is worth it. His rating on ESPN is a 70 which isnt bad at all. Grove's rating on ESPN. is an 89 as a prospect though. VILMA is READY to play and IFFFFFFFF available I say draft him because Moore is an Uncertainty. Zach and Seau I give at least 2 seasons and they are done. If Moore turns out to be ok. Our LB's of the future are SET. Moore(OLB), Vilma(ILB), Greenwood(OLB). DEFENSE wins SB's still. We revamped our OL already and I say give Whitley a chance. Heck the guy was a 2nd rd. pick right after Wade Smith.

And it goes on. We need OL help now.

I agree with what was said about Vilma to the fullest. He has the potential to make Zach Thomas actually LOOK like a 5th-round pick. :tongue:

He has so much potential it's unheard of. The guy is going to be a stud. I'd love him at #20.

I know this isn't popular but I think it's possible to get quality OL players in the third. Look at W. Smith last year. That being said, it's tough to argue with Andrews at #20, if that happens.

I am not sold on Andrews. The weight issue bothers me. Vilma on the other hand is more of a sure thing.

lol wow, i never seen so much uncertainty around who to draft with the 20th pick as i do this year.

I thought everyone atleast agreed that we need an offensive linemen with our first pick. Then we got some people (wont mention names) who are still going on and on about Rivers.

And now vilma?!?!?!

UNBELIEVABLE

Originally posted by baccarat
I know this isn't popular but I think it's possible to get quality OL players in the third. Look at W. Smith last year. That being said, it's tough to argue with Andrews at #20, if that happens.

Wade Smith may have a lot of potential but he was terrible last season. We also drafted Taylor Whitley in the third round last year, and he wasn't active for a single game.

Offensive line by far is our biggest need. If Shawn Andrews is available at #20, we have to take him. If he isn't, we should trade down a little bit and then draft Smiley or Carey.

screw every position except Oline in the first round. We desperately need to upgrade the o line.

If the Dolphins were focused on the future, Vilma would be the way to go. As it stands for next season at this moment, the LB situation is in better shape than the OL, IMO. Because of this, I think it's hard to not draft Andrews if he's there. But who knows? We should have drafted Boldin last year in the second, and look what happened.

Let's not get too cute. We need O-line all the way. We have two young LB's waiting in the wings--Jenkins and Moore. We need to see what these guys can do. If they don't get it done, than we can look to LB next year.

#1 Vilma probably won't be there at 20. If he is and Andrews is also there we have to go for need. A stud for the O-Line is the most important weakness to address at this point in time. I followed Vilmas' career at U of M and I would LOVE to have the guy but if we only have 1 pick in the first round and no draft day deal is done I think we ned to fortify the O-Line.

this is a tough call. as far as i'm concerned, the first area of need is OL. followed closely by LB. we're a broken leg or high anle sprain away from a mediocre D because of depth at LB. i think RS is doing all he can to make it a BPA pick in round 1.

Originally posted by Thundercracker
screw every position except Oline in the first round. We desperately need to upgrade the o line.

Couldn't agree more...I'd love to be in a position where we could take the best available player....but OL is such a weakness on this team it needs to be addressed with the highest pick possible. It's the one link that can prevent us from winning the division this year and desparately need to try and fix it.

Back
Top Bottom