What Are The Bills Thinking? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Are The Bills Thinking?

JTnBuddy Lee

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The A-Train Chugs Into Town
Paul Hamilton - Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 5:26 PM

Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550)- The Bills had a visit on Thursday with Bears free agent RB Anthony Thomas. The man known in Chicago as A-Train was taken in the second round of the 2001 draft out of Michigan. In four years with the Bears he had over three thousand yards rushing and 21 touchdowns in 51 games.

Thomas said he liked his visit with Mike Mularkey and Tom Donahoe. He said he was told he would get playing time and doesn't consider himself a backup or a starter. As we've found out with the Bills trying to trade Travis Henry, there really isn't a market for starting runningbacks in the NFL at this time so Thomas is going to have to realize any situation he steps into, it'll be as a backup.

It was almost like a college visit for Thomas as he was being recruited by former Bear teammates Chris Villarrial and Mike Gandy.

Thomas says he's received offers, but none yet from the Bills. He claims he has one more visit to make.

I think the Bills are wasting their time with this visit. They can't even pawn off Travis Henry! What do you all think?

JTnBuddy Lee said:
The A-Train Chugs Into Town
Paul Hamilton - Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 5:26 PM

Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550)- The Bills had a visit on Thursday with Bears free agent RB Anthony Thomas. The man known in Chicago as A-Train was taken in the second round of the 2001 draft out of Michigan. In four years with the Bears he had over three thousand yards rushing and 21 touchdowns in 51 games.

Thomas said he liked his visit with Mike Mularkey and Tom Donahoe. He said he was told he would get playing time and doesn't consider himself a backup or a starter. As we've found out with the Bills trying to trade Travis Henry, there really isn't a market for starting runningbacks in the NFL at this time so Thomas is going to have to realize any situation he steps into, it'll be as a backup.

It was almost like a college visit for Thomas as he was being recruited by former Bear teammates Chris Villarrial and Mike Gandy.

Thomas says he's received offers, but none yet from the Bills. He claims he has one more visit to make.

I think the Bills are wasting their time with this visit. They can't even pawn off Travis Henry! What do you all think?
Fans seem interested:http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=70563

I think anthony Thomas is a good back and agreat sercuriy runningback for McGahe. He should come cheap too.

if henry wont play for them, this makes a lot of sense to me.
just because the bills are rivals of teh dolphins doesn't mean im gonna say everything they do is stupid.

i dont understand your critisism :confused:

boy, i cant wait for the bills fans to come. losman7 and justasportsfan will talk up A Train like hes a HOFer in the making

MelbournePhin said:
boy, i cant wait for the bills fans to come. losman7 and justasportsfan will talk up A Train like hes a HOFer in the making

Hey, there are a couple people here putting Kay Jay in the HoF.

MelbournePhin said:

:roflmao:

isnt it funny how all bills fans are like that? every player they acquire is a stud and everyone that leaves wasn't that great anyway and won't be missed.

They need someone to back up Henry. Even if Henry is on the roster this season, he won't play for the Bills. I hope they can't trade him and he walks for free next year. :D

I think A-train is a solid back...Hes done alot behind a horrible line in horrible offenses in Chicago.

thecoordinator said:
:roflmao:

isnt it funny how all bills fans are like that? every player they acquire is a stud and everyone that leaves wasn't that great anyway and won't be missed.

its ridiculous

If you ask me, Thomas makes for a better backup to McGahee than Henry does. I don't see how this makes no sense. In fact, this might pave the way for them to just release Henry.

Back
Top Bottom