What Are The Bills Thinking? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Are The Bills Thinking?

It's not the Bills FO -- it's the quality level of the RBs in the game today. They would have been idiots to hitch their fortunes to his star with the type of player available to them.

I like the A-train i was hoping that we could trade for him last year when Ricky left us. I will be pi$$ed if the Jills get him that will give them a very solid running game. It will make Losman seem like a much better QB than he is b/c for starters he will hardly have to pass. Also everyone is going to have to concentrate on stopping the run which will really open up there passing game.

The only thing that I dont understand is that he struggled behind that Chicago O-Line b/c they were terrible and now that half of their line is in Buffalo now he is going to come try his luck behind them again, I dont get it.

Jimmy James said:
It's not the Bills FO -- it's the quality level of the RBs in the game today. They would have been idiots to hitch their fortunes to his star with the type of player available to them.

dude, you at like henry is a scrub. they took a risk on mcgimpy and it paid off. it that didnt work, henry would be their #1 right now

It makes perfect sense. I'm sure they're expecting Henry to hold out if he's not traded, and they'll need a back up. The truth is their running game is much more settled than ours. I'm expecting Brown to justify his place on the team, however Mcgahee already has proven himself.

Good backup to McGahee, after they've got rid of Henry.

MelbournePhin said:
boy, i cant wait for the bills fans to come. losman7 and justasportsfan will talk up A Train like hes a HOFer in the making

What are you talking about?? I've never talk up anyone who hasn't earned it.

I speak highly of Moulds..Hes earned it.

I speak Highly of Spikes, Clements, and Fletcher...They've played great.

I don't feel that Evans is a superstar, but if you look at his stats from the last 10 games or so of the season (when they started throwing his way) they are as good as anyones in the league. Not to mention he made some great catches.

McGahee has all the makings of a superstar. He could be the best RB in the league, he has Size, Speed, and the best stiff arm since Jim Brown.

Losman is an X-factor, he could be really good, he's fast and has a cannon. It all stems on his mental.

A-Train? Who Knows, who cares.

Losman7 said:
What are you talking about?? I've never talk up anyone who hasn't earned it.

I speak highly of Moulds..Hes earned it.

I speak Highly of Spikes, Clements, and Fletcher...They've played great.

I don't feel that Evans is a superstar, but if you look at his stats from the last 10 games or so of the season (when they started throwing his way) they are as good as anyones in the league. Not to mention he made some great catches.

McGahee has all the makings of a superstar. He could be the best RB in the league, he has Size, Speed, and the best stiff arm since Jim Brown.

Losman is an X-factor, he could be really good, he's fast and has a cannon. It all stems on his mental.

A-Train? Who Knows, who cares.
Sounds like a pretty fair assesment overall (particuarly from a Bills fan :lol: ) though i think Mcgahee has some way to go before being called the best back in the league IMO he can certainly be a pro bowl caliber back. As for Losman i thought he was a reach last year and was probably shouldn't have gone till early in the 2nd round due to questionable mechanics and accuracy but as you say he does have a cannon arm and good athleticism and has had a year to learn, so who knows :confused2

MelbournePhin said:
hes nothing more than a solid backup.

Um, that's what the Bills are thinking. If the Bills were to sign A-train, he would give them a back of similar quality to Henry. Like Henry, he's had some productive years, and like Henry was benched last year in favor of a more athletic back. He would be in for 5-10 plays a game when McGahee needs a breather. Otherwise he's available should McGahee get injured. He's not going to get 1,000 yards in a reserve role. He's more likely to end up with 300-400. That's what we want.

If he were to sign, then Buffalo might feel they could accept a bit less in a trade for Henry than they would otherwise. Otherwise they could get something in the 2007 draft if he leaves as a free agent next offseason, and the Bills lose more free agents than they sign.

Back
Top Bottom