What are the price of the draft picks gonna be? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the price of the draft picks gonna be?

BillsFever

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Any idea yet so we can factor in a round about average into our cap number?

i was wondering the same...so I could plan my cap situation a little better, or trade away my picks :D

While this is important, I believe the league has not even officially decided on a Salary Cap or Roster Floor.
I think these should be adressed in order to get a better estimate at what additional salaries should look like.

This is something that has not yet been decided. In the past we have not had salaries for rookies, but i think it's something we are going to consider this year. If you look at your younger players, guys that were drafted last year or the year before, you'll notice they all have very small salaries. I don't see how we could make our rookies anymore than those players. So my estimation is that the salaries would be no less than $225,000 and no more than $400,000, if that helps any.

actually the top ten picks usually have decent salaries... i noticed the compensation for guys like newman(1.1 mil) and leftwich were over 1 million... we should probably go by last years picks since the salary is usually by position drafted... top 10 picks have decent salaries and think teams should have to pay more than 400k for getting those guys

just my opinion

yea, seems to be some descrepency, probably dependent on signing bonuses... im open to hearing suggestions as to how to go about providing cap numbers for these rookies, it's not easy it seems

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
yea, seems to be some descrepency, probably dependent on signing bonuses... im open to hearing suggestions as to how to go about providing cap numbers for these rookies, it's not easy it seems

Sure it is, it'll be as easy as we make it :D

We could do something simple like:

1st pick - 1,000,000.00
2nd pick - 975,000.00
3rd pick - 950,000.00
4th pick - 925,000.00
5th pick - 900,000.00

Ect. Ect. All the way down till each pick is worth 225,000.00, run that number through the second and then drop it to 200,000.00 in the third round.

Just an Idea, I personally have the #3 overall and I wouldn't have a problem with a set salary structure. Adding an individual price tag to each pick would make the trades that much more interesting.

I was going to say start at:

$1.5 mil for 1
$1.25 mil for 2
$1 mil for 3
$.9 mil for 4
$.8 for 5
$.7 for 6
$.6 for 7
$.5 for 8
$.45 minimum for all other first rounders
$.35 for second rounders
and .25-.3 for all the other rounds

That works too, same concept different cash flows.....

We're on the same page though ;)

I'm up for whatever the league is up for, whatever we decide to price the picks at is cool with me, but my vote definately goes to pricing them all indivually.

At least individualizing the ones that will make the greatest impact.

oh i didnt even see your post...but yeah, i like mine better of course :D

seperating it by pick is too much.......too big of a pain for figuring caps...especially if you are doing alot of trading around...i say if we do this it needs to be something simple...and not too much. I was thinking 400K 1st round, 300K 2nd-3rd round, 230K 4th-7th.

My proposed list

1-10- 500k

11-32- 400k

2nd round- 300k

3rd round- 250k

4-7 200k

ok, i kinda liked some of the prior suggestions, but i went to NFLPA and looked up many of the rookie salaries from last year...the salaries greatly vary, and theres really no pattern (not by pick or position), obviously base salaries are negotiated differently, etc...

...however, only 6 first rounders made at least 1 million in their first year (for our purposes)...four of them (newman, palmer, gross, and suggs) did not make more than 1.111 million...leftwich made 1.382, and dewayne robertson made 1.7...after the first round, players made anywhere from 230k - 320k..

This is my suggestion: the top pick in the draft, his salary should be 1.1 million...after that, salaries would just decrease by 50k until the 32nd pick would make 300k...all 2nd rounders would make 300k, and every pick after that 250k...

i have no problem, posting it in the draft thread before the draft officially starts, and then when each of us draft our player, we can just look at the thread with the salaries and post the salary next to the player we draft, seems easy to me and also pretty fair...any thoughts?

Originally posted by RayLu11
i have no problem, posting it in the draft thread before the draft officially starts, and then when each of us draft our player, we can just look at the thread with the salaries and post the salary next to the player we draft, seems easy to me and also pretty fair...any thoughts?

Not as easy as you think...You have to figure it into your cap now so you know how much money you have to spend in free agency.

Back
Top Bottom