What are the price of the draft picks gonna be? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the price of the draft picks gonna be?

Originally posted by Saint Greg

Not as easy as you think...You have to figure it into your cap now so you know how much money you have to spend in free agency.

...no different than those that have franchise tags involved that need to leave cap room availabe...you know what picks you have going into free agency (regardless of whether or not you still plan on trading for/away picks), and you know how much each pick costs...that problem would only not exist if the draft picks came free of salary, but either way they are going to have a salary, why not make it a logical one?

I agree. If they were already posted it wouldn't be that difficult to keep track of.

The first round should go pick by pick, but the rest should probably all be the same.

Originally posted by RayLu11

that problem would only not exist if the draft picks came free of salary, but either way they are going to have a salary, why not make it a logical one?

That's an option. They've never had salaries before.

Originally posted by Saint Greg

That's an option. They've never had salaries before.

yea, it was your idea, and i think it's a great one, just a matter of maximizing its potential...just the top players will come more relatively costly (as they should)...however, the majority of the rookies will be making very little as you suggested..

I never wanted pick by pick...if anything, i wanted something simple. I don't want someone who is trying to trade up from 15 to 5 during the draft to have to look at the cap...the draft moves slow enough as it is.

i don't see how it's any different from the guys dealing with the franchise tags and managing salary, but whatever you guys want...like the Bills said, if it's posted, it's not really a big deal..

I understand your point Greg, but the way I see it is people know if they are thinking about moving up on or before the draft time. They will know they have to take into consideration the salaries.

Im all for upping the cost higher, to take into consideration the lack of signing bonuses and incentives.

Either way sounds good to me, but you can all tell my preference

:idea:

i think i should write salaries down in a hat and before each pick ill pull one out and if you get lucky great, if not, too bad... kind of like the draft, a total crap shoot... lets do it
:m83: :hitself:

:hmmm:

Before this I had respect for your opinion...now it's gone straight down the :toliet:

:lol:

thats fine too, only thing is the league minimum isnt 200k so whatever rounds you decide will all make the same, just make it the league minimum...

"This is my suggestion: the top pick in the draft, his salary should be 1.1 million...after that, salaries would just decrease by 50k until the 32nd pick would make 300k...all 2nd rounders would make 300k, and every pick after that 250k...

i have no problem, posting it in the draft thread before the draft officially starts, and then when each of us draft our player, we can just look at the thread with the salaries and post the salary next to the player we draft, seems easy to me and also pretty fair...any thoughts?"

thats still my suggestion, again, just going by last years salaries.

Palmer was at $1.1 mill then Rogers at $305,000 the Johnson at $390,000 and Newman the 5th pick was at $305,000.

Just something to think about.....Is there gonna be a number for Draft Pool??

Back
Top Bottom