What are the price of the draft picks gonna be? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the price of the draft picks gonna be?

Palmer was at $1.1 mill then Rogers at $305,000 the Johnson at $390,000 and Newman the 5th pick was at $305,000.

Just something to think about.....Is there gonna be a number for Draft Pool??

wherd you get those numbers.. from nflpa
rogers was 975000.00
newman was 1111000.00

i didnt bother looking up the rest but knew those were wrong, did you use 2003 #s, becuase thats what they should be.
i know RayLu has all of htem and im sure he could post them for you if you want.

Originally posted by musphinzfan
Palmer was at $1.1 mill then Rogers at $305,000 the Johnson at $390,000 and Newman the 5th pick was at $305,000.

Just something to think about.....Is there gonna be a number for Draft Pool??

Musphinz...i posted on the first page of this thread the logic behind my suggestion, for the 2003 rookie salaries...while salaries did jump around, the proposed salaries are a good estimate, especially for the purposes of this league

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0

wherd you get those numbers.. from nflpa
rogers was 975000.00
newman was 1111000.00

i didnt bother looking up the rest but knew those were wrong, did you use 2003 #s, becuase thats what they should be.
i know RayLu has all of htem and im sure he could post them for you if you want.

The numbers i actually got from this were this years...MY BAD and your right.

Originally posted by RayLu11

Musphinz...i posted on the first page of this thread the logic behind my suggestion, for the 2003 rookie salaries...while salaries did jump around, the proposed salaries are a good estimate, especially for the purposes of this league

Now that I got my head out of my *** I can see that your proposed salaries works as good as it can get.:cool2:

1st pick: $1.5M
2nd pick: $1.3M
3rd pick: $1.2M
4th pick: $1.1M
5th pick: $1.0M
6-10 picks: $.9M
11-20 picks: $.8M
21-32 picks: $.75M

2nd round: $600K
3rd round: $450K
4th round: $350K
5th round: $275K
6th round: $225K
7th round: $200K

Last edited by a moderator:
Players drafted in the first round tend to have very low base salaries so it should be the same. I think this is what should happen:

Picks 1-10: 600k
Picks 11-20: 550K
Picks 21-32: 500K
2nd round: 400K
3rd round: 300k
4th, 5th, 6th, 7th round: 225K

However, I am fine with BillsFever's idea, which is almost the same as mine.

They may have low base salaries but we're trying to be more realistic. Rookies do have an affect on a teams cap. Seven players have about a $4M cap charge in year one, about 5-6%, which is right where my suggestion is for our cap.

These picks can't be anywhere near 1 million...

Hey sorry you picked up some guys in FA that cost a lot, oh by the way you can't afford that top 10 pick.

This is pretty much bull**** anyway... I have 3.6 mill left in my cap, if these cost nothing (like previous years) then I missed on on bidding on a player I would have, had I known they were free, Vice Versa for the higher costing draftees.

No offense to anyone, but this part was done poorly.

Originally posted by Huggy Bear
These picks can't be anywhere near 1 million...

Hey sorry you picked up some guys in FA that cost a lot, oh by the way you can't afford that top 10 pick.

This is pretty much bull**** anyway... I have 3.6 mill left in my cap, if these cost nothing (like previous years) then I missed on on bidding on a player I would have, had I known they were free, Vice Versa for the higher costing draftees.

No offense to anyone, but this part was done poorly.

No offense to you but, you should look at last years draft...

only 6 first rounders made at least 1 million in their first year (for our purposes)...four of them (newman, palmer, gross, and suggs) did not make more than 1.111 million...leftwich made 1.382, and dewayne robertson made 1.7...after the first round, players made anywhere from 230k - 320k..

had you read the early part of this thread or done the research, you would have seen this and known that even the first round draft picks dont count much against the cap, and after that(the first round), they are pretty much free for a trial run their first couple years. So the 300+ k i reserved for my lone pick in the second round should be perfect AND i didnt miss out on any free agents or trades i wanted :)

i'm still for making it something simple....maybe 800k first round, 400k 2nd round, 250k everyone else...what do you guys think?

Fine by me, simpler the better. You are the league commish, make a decision u think is fair and go with it. It is cool, like the last idea myself, but whatever you decide is fine. I just get confused when people post the cost of their drraft picks and I dont know what the costs are. There may be differing thoughts goin on out there.

Back
Top Bottom