What Are You Looking For in the New HC? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Are You Looking For in the New HC?

A decisive person with strong leadership skills, who is smart enough to understand how to use his players to their strengths and not be so rigid as to make parts fit. he doesn't have to be the smartest staff member in terms of football IQ as long as he knows how to listen to his coaches and deligate authority wisely. In other words, he can take the information from high football IQ staff and make informed decisions that allows great game management. Cameron appeared weak in this area, Tony was a strong leader of men, but not necessarily in the game adjustment area. Saban was a bit of a control freak, abeit a smart one. Wanny was low in leadership and IQ points. Jimmy was a high IQ defensive coach with a rigid system that under utilized the privilege he had to coach Marino. Shula is really the last balanced guy we had. I believe we need a flexible, strong leader of men, who understands how to make adjustments.

I want a dude who will walk into a room and everyone will shut the **** up cuz they don't want popped. I also want this coach to know when it's time to get down to business and time to joke and have fun. I want a coach who knows the most important position on the team is the quarterback, and can develope the quarterback. I'd like a coach who will roll the dice on a 4th and 2 instead of punt or try a field goal. I like a head coach who will try an onside kickoff just to see if it works.
A guy who will hold everyone accountable. You **** up, you get some in your face instruction, **** up again... pull up a seat on the pine and sip gatorade the rest of the afternoon.....
I'd like him to keep nolan and the 3-4 defense, but I'd trust him to make whatever changes he sees fit. I'd like a coach who wants a touchdown everytime we have the ball, not one who insists on burning up as much time as we can and protecting a six point lead... I want him to want to win by 20 instead. Killer instinct, haven't seen it around here for awhile.

I think guys who fit this bill are chud, zimmer. I'd be happy with either.

Back
Top Bottom