What Are Your Opinions On Drew Lock? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Are Your Opinions On Drew Lock?

Can you say Ryan Tannehill 2.0?

Not saying he the same kind of QB as Tannehill but I do think the result will be the same. He seems like an average at best NFL QB.

No way in hell Im taking him at 13 or any where in the first. Hopefully he goes before us any way and knocks down a good defensive player.

I only watched his highlights but, he very clearly does not go through his progressions. He “locks” on to his first read.
Now I’m not sure if that is a product of his offense that he is running, but it is kinda alarming.

saw some vids of him and he didn’t look too bad, he could slide depending on how the defenders go in the beginning of the first.. I’d like to get your opinion on him

The truth is it’s always funny to me how fans and others are down on QB classes or have a QB rated lower than they end up after the NFL combine and private workouts.

I honestly am still evaluating these guys...Lock has talent for sure, I don’t have a conviction yet... but I’d be willing to bet one or more QB’s rise up the charts after closer evaluation.

Can you say Ryan Tannehill 2.0?

Not saying he the same kind of QB as Tannehill but I do think the result will be the same. He seems like an average at best NFL QB.

No way in hell Im taking him at 13 or any where in the first. Hopefully he goes before us any way and knocks down a good defensive player.
You are correct he is not a 1st rd QB. But I bet ya, somebody whose desperate will take him in the 1st. I hope it is just not us. Now if he is there in the 3rd., I might take a flier on him.

Drew Lock has good tools, but isn't polished enough for me. If he were a sophomore, I would be a lot more interested in the kid, but I'm not. Strong arm, but he is inconsistent. As a 4 year guy, he should be more of a finished product, but he is not, and I suspect he'll never get there. I see a journeyman QB. Apparently the Broncos, who just acquired Joe Flacco for a 4th rounder, are very enamored by Lock … but this is a weak QB draft, and the Broncos have done a poor job of finding QB's aside from Peyton. John Elway may know how to play QB, but he does a poor job of spotting talent likely to develop into a good QB.

In another draft, Lock would be a 2nd or 3rd round guy, but in this one, I can see him going in round 1. IMHO, all of these QB's are lackluster except Kyler Murray, who I like, but don't love. Concerns about his commitment to football, durability, and accuracy reduce my interest below his draft floor. If Murray convinces teams he's completely focused on football, I'll be surprised if Murray makes it out of the top 10. Strangely, people are also talking about Drew Lock in the top 10 … and Duane Haskins, who also underwhelms me. I'd add Daniel Jones to the list of underwhelming prospects, but I think people are starting to figure out he's not a 1st round guy.

Drew Lock is one of the three elite quarterbacks in this draft, and one of the dudes we must get. As simple as that. Move up, and get one of the three, and Lock is one of them. It does not matter which one whether it's Lock, Haskins, or Murray, just get one.

If they have an option to choose between the three, then they can nitpick on players and choose the one they like and it does not really matter which one they take. But if just one of them falls to their spot, they must take him without any nitpicking.

All QBs who ever came out of college have some negatives. Drew Lock is an elite prospect and an excellent quarterback who is just as good as any of the great quarterbacks who entered the league before him in the years past. He scores well, he does not make bad decisions, he is decisive, good in the pocket, has mobility, has size, makes a ton of difficult throws, plays with good pace, overall an elite player.

He has one really bad negative. He makes very few bad decisions, just like all great quarterbacks, but the bad decisions he has made were completely idiotic and they make you question everything about Drew Lock.

Like this pick 6 in a tied game, in own 15. It's just so stupid, it's incredible! You just want to cut him from the roster, right then and there.
https://j.gifs.com/D1NXpx.gif

Last edited:
He locks on his first option worse than Chad Henne. Pass in the first tempting in the third or later.

You are correct he is not a 1st rd QB. But I bet ya, somebody whose desperate will take him in the 1st. I hope it is just not us. Now if he is there in the 3rd., I might take a flier on him.

That actually changed post Senior Bowl... with Denver rumored to be enamored!

Ideally a day 2 QB, but will be gone on Thursday due to a QB needy league.
Dare I say I like his potential/skill set but he does have some warts, which I'm not sure can be corrected or not. Guess it depends on him willing to fix it and having a good QC coach during the season and having an offseason guy as well.

I wouldn't be pissed if they took him, but I hope they don't then say he should start week 1 cause we took him in the 1st.

Based on my limited exposure I’d say if you went old school on Lock and sat him a few years you might have something. Hopefully that’s Denver’s plan.

I've seen every game this past year of Drew Lock and Mizzou. Not impressed. He doesn't have the awareness and the "it" factor. He reminds me so much of Tannehill in that he will not carry his team on his shoulders and looks sluggish in his reads and decisions. He has good traits but not for this team at this this time. I would use a low 2nd or 3rd but he will be long gone before that point.

Back
Top Bottom