What 'bout Brock Berlin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What 'bout Brock Berlin

Brock Berlin doesnt suck that much. He has a good arm but makes bad decisions at time. He really improved alot senior year. 22 TDs 6 INT is a major improvement from what he had the year before. So no, I do not think he "sucks". I do think he needs to make better reads at time if he wants to become an NFL QB.

WooDaviDolphins said:
SF maybe will select Alex Smith, so other QB forget it, maybe Brock in a later round is good. a lot of citicens of Miami can say something 'bout Berlin

:roflmao:

These responses are a joke lol. However I agree... there are many better QBs out there. Many.

I cursed his name for 2 years when he played at UM. We just got rid of his a$$.

I wish him the best and all, but if he ever straps on a Phins helmet, I may have to shoot him.

Hey, he beat the Gators twice, once by absolute miracle

Other than a national championship, that's as high as UM football can get, especially after the chicken Gators dodged us as an annual opponent after '87. We'll take every scrumptuous victory over them.

I always blamed Larry Coker for accepting Berlin's transfer. You could already see he was limited and turnover prone when he played briefly at Florida. Berlin just came to Coral Gables and played like Brock Berlin.

He improved greatly last year, but the previous posts are correct. He's hardly an NFL prospect. He locks onto one receiver. When pressured, he has exactly one move, a slow wander straight to his right. He'll throw into double and triple coverage without concern.

Oh yeah, he beat the Seminoles 3 times. Longterm maybe I can dismiss the inept stretches and remember Berlin for those 5 games. But we might have contended for a national championship in 2003 with competent QBing.

Awsi Dooger said:
Other than a national championship, that's as high as UM football can get, especially after the chicken Gators dodged us as an annual opponent after '87. We'll take every scrumptuous victory over them.

I always blamed Larry Coker for accepting Berlin's transfer. You could already see he was limited and turnover prone when he played briefly at Florida. Berlin just came to Coral Gables and played like Brock Berlin.

He improved greatly last year, but the previous posts are correct. He's hardly an NFL prospect. He locks onto one receiver. When pressured, he has exactly one move, a slow wander straight to his right. He'll throw into double and triple coverage without concern.

Oh yeah, he beat the Seminoles 3 times. Longterm maybe I can dismiss the inept stretches and remember Berlin for those 5 games. But we might have contended for a national championship in 2003 with competent QBing.

Agree. I have followed Brock Berlin and cheered for him and his improvement, especially last year. But I agree, he is not NFL caliber. He may have the arm for it, but his football smarts lack.

Dolphin1184 said:
Brock Berlin doesnt suck that much. He has a good arm but makes bad decisions at time. He really improved alot senior year. 22 TDs 6 INT is a major improvement from what he had the year before. So no, I do not think he "sucks". I do think he needs to make better reads at time if he wants to become an NFL QB.

That Td/Int stat is decieving. I mena, he didn't throw that many interceptions, but he didn't do anything close to exceptional either. He was fairly innefective most of the season, he rarely made great throws. He's the closest thing to Jay Fiedler's play at the college level, he just makes way too many stupid mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom