what college players will you scout this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what college players will you scout this year

adamprez2003

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
The following is a list of players I will be watching this year. I believe we will be looking for defensive players first and foremost but obviously we may need some offensive help too if things don't pan out with Feeley, Boston, the offensive line. The list is in the order of most importance to us as I see it pre preseason

( I realize we have Wright, Chester and Traylor but I feel we are going to have to get this position wrapped up by next year. All of them are question marks for 2006 IMO)

Defensive Tackle - Jesse Mahelona - Tennessee
Haloti Ngata - Oregon
Kyle Williams - LSU
Orien Harris - Miami
Gabe Watson - Michigan

(Seau and Zach should be gone next year. I think Crowder will play SLB this year and be moved inside next year)

Outside Linebacker - A.J. Hawk - Ohio State
LaMarr Woodley - Michigan (I hope we get him)
Chad Greenway - Iowa

(Age is catching up with Madison, Poole had serious surgery, Daniels is unproven so far)

Cornerback - Jimmy Williams - Virginia Tech
Antonio Cromartie - florida State
Alan Zemaitis - Penn State
Jason Allen - Tennessee
Cedric Griffin - Texas

(I think Feeley will pan out, but you never know. I will assume we dont draft high enough to get Leinart)

Quarterback Chad Henne -Michigan
Drew Tate - Iowa
Bruce Gradkowski - Toledo (doubt I'll see any games)
Jared Zabransky - Boise State (same as above)
Tyler Palko - Pittsburgh
Chris Leak - FLORIDA

(I like our offensive line this year but we lack a dominant tackle)

Offensive Tackle Marcus Mcneil - Auburn (this guy is scary)
Dbrickshaw Ferguson (This is the guy I wanted this yr)
Andrew Whitworth - LSU (Saban knows him well)
Jonathan Scott - Texas

(Only if Boston doesnt pan out)

Wide Receiver Steve Breaston - Michigan
Ted Ginn - Ohio State
Greg Lee - Pittsburgh
Calvin Johnson - Georgia
Greg Jennings - Western Michigan

I think next year will see the Saban era come together. Hopefully we will be able to slam the draft again like we did this year (IMO)

off the top of my head, add Rod Wright to the DT list and Winston to the OT list.... I think those are our positions of need next year.

I am probably gonn scout the Big Ten and Big East the most. Would love to get feedback from Florida fans on the Florida schools and someone who can catch all the LSU games since I AM SURE Saban is gonna grab at least one player from that school

QB-Reggie McNeal-Texas AM
this guy is the next michael vick

the players on the top of my list will be Laron Landry, Omar Jacobs, Chris Leak, Devin Hester, Orien Harris, and Eric Winston

I cant list everybody. I have a bias for pocket passers. From what I read Jacobs and McNeal are the best of the scrambler/ passer qbs

I would've mentioned the Vince Young the QB from Texas.. Depending on how he plays this year, he might be the 2nd QB taken next year.

McNeal and Jacobs are definately two QB's to watch, Rodrique Wright may be special. Not that we need a RB but FSU may have the best tandem in the country. They have a QB that I have big expectations on in Xavier Lee, he isnt going to be available this year but you always have to keep looking ahead. Isnt Reggie Bush going to be able to come out htis year if he so chooses, I wouldnt mind him playing WR. I think our LT position may have been solved simply by the addition of Houck but if we have a shot at either D'Brickshaw Fergueson or Whitworth it will be the easiest pick in the Saban era. My particular favorite being Fergueson, he has the ability to basically toy with DE's. I have seen him compared to Jonathan Ogden, and I'll take that all day!

Nicky Napoleon said:
McNeal and Jacobs are definately two QB's to watch, Rodrique Wright may be special. Not that we need a RB but FSU may have the best tandem in the country. They have a QB that I have big expectations on in Xavier Lee, he isnt going to be available this year but you always have to keep looking ahead. Isnt Reggie Bush going to be able to come out htis year if he so chooses, I wouldnt mind him playing WR. I think our LT position may have been solved simply by the addition of Houck but if we have a shot at either D'Brickshaw Fergueson or Whitworth it will be the easiest pick in the Saban era. My particular favorite being Fergueson, he has the ability to basically toy with DE's. I have seen him compared to Jonathan Ogden, and I'll take that all day!

I though Dbrickshaw was a monster last year but McNeil is almost a consensus number one left tackle. I am going to make sure i catch a few auburn games this year just to see how good he is

eric winston. hopefully the knee holds up. he should be selected in the 5-10 range, which is where we are expected to be.

I see a lot of scrambler/ passer types of QBs being mentioned so far. Do you think Linehan is going to want that type of QB running his offense. I thought he preferred pocket passers

adamprez2003 said:
I though Dbrickshaw was a monster last year but McNeil is almost a consensus number one left tackle. I am going to make sure i catch a few auburn games this year just to see how good he is

For me the jury is out on McNeil, he had a pair of great RB's behind him with a mobile 1st round QB. This will be his year to shine, the old saying goes " A great RB will make an average OL look good" or maybe he was the reason and te saying will be " A great OL will make a average RB good"

Back
Top Bottom