what college players will you scout this year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what college players will you scout this year

Winston's knee scares me a bit but he's definitely someone to look at though I would be surprised if he goes before Dbrickshaw and McNeil

adamprez2003 said:
I see a lot of scrambler/ passer types of QBs being mentioned so far. Do you think Linehan is going to want that type of QB running his offense. I thought he preferred pocket passers

He had Culpepper, so he has experience with a mobile QB. I reallly think he wants a guy that can get the job done, whether thats running around buying time or lauching the ball down the field.

Nicky Napoleon said:
For me the jury is out on McNeil, he had a pair of great RB's behind him with a mobile 1st round QB. This will be his year to shine, the old saying goes " A great RB will make an average OL look good" or maybe he was the reason and te saying will be " A great OL will make a average RB good"

I would be thrilled with Dbrickshaw and you may be right regarding McNeil. I wasnt paying attention to him on the few Auburn games I caught last year. I'll definitely watch a few this year watching only him to get an idea of his skills. One thing with McNeil is he's listed at 6'9" 337. That is one huge wall

adamprez2003 said:
I would be thrilled with Dbrickshaw and you may be right regarding McNeil. I wasnt paying attention to him on the few Auburn games I caught last year. I'll definitely watch a few this year watching only him to get an idea of his skills. One thing with McNeil is he's listed at 6'9" 337. That is one huge wall

Oh dont get me wrong he physically a freak, I just see the hand punch from Fergueson and drool!

Nicky Napoleon said:
He had Culpepper, so he has experience with a mobile QB. I reallly think he wants a guy that can get the job done, whether thats running around buying time or lauching the ball down the field.

I agree Culpepper is mobile but I still view him as a pocket passer.

Lamar Woodley is someone to watch ondefense. mIchigan switches from 4-3 to 3-4 throughout the game just as Saban likes to do and Woodley is a monster in that system. He's only a junior but maybe he comes out

adamprez2003 said:
I see a lot of scrambler/ passer types of QBs being mentioned so far. Do you think Linehan is going to want that type of QB running his offense. I thought he preferred pocket passers
Culpepper is a good scambling QB who can pass, I beleive that Linehan likes a QB like Culpepper

Has anyone given a thought to looking at TEs?

With McMichael's troubles and being a contract year, plus the fact that Donald Lee has a problem holding on to the football. I would say that TE might be an important position for us to draft.

Also, don't forget that (while I hate to say it) we might need to look for another DE to play along with Roth. JT is getting older and we should probably start looking for another DE soon.

ChrisKo said:
Has anyone given a thought to looking at TEs?

With McMichael's troubles and being a contract year, plus the fact that Donald Lee has a problem holding on to the football. I would say that TE might be an important position for us to draft.

Also, don't forget that (while I hate to say it) we might need to look for another DE to play along with Roth. JT is getting older and we should probably start looking for another DE soon.

I am sure we will look at those positions but I think the others right now are more pressing

Back
Top Bottom