What Could Have Been | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Could Have Been

Stoobz

Eschew the Onvious
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
So, Miami makes a trade for the Chosen (who is NOT panning out, trending up or looking good in any way shape or form) when the player I would have loved to have seen in a Miami uniform was staring us in the face at a position of great need.

I was somewhat consoled by the oft repeated reasoning as to why we picked up Rosen but with the clarity of hindsight, I'll just opine that it was a huge mistake.

Flame away, I'm trained in asbestos and firefighting.

It is what it is but a lottery ticket that didn’t win - the cost to acquire is up to debate

I am not sure they even want him around when they score a Qb next year in the draft

The 2018 draft itself wasn’t that solid we could have used McCoy for sure

I hope we get Tua and build an Oline and Weapon core around his strength of getting out the ball quickly

It looks like football/dolphin analyst CK was very accurate in how this situation played out..didn’t want the trade, wanted to save the resource, didn’t think Rosen would flourish on such a depleted roster..

I was ok with the trade because I thought the talent was worth a shot for an asset like a 2nd rounder, however in no way shape or form did it change my own narrative of rebuilding the way we are for the sake of getting Tua and cleaning house in the process to gain assets to surround the player.

So, Miami makes a trade for the Chosen (who is NOT panning out, trending up or looking good in any way shape or form) when the player I would have loved to have seen in a Miami uniform was staring us in the face at a position of great need.

I was somewhat consoled by the oft repeated reasoning as to why we picked up Rosen but with the clarity of hindsight, I'll just opine that it was a huge mistake.

Flame away, I'm trained in asbestos and firefighting.

Well, McCoy went with the 16th pick in the second round.

We traded the last pick in the second round (or next to last pick) for Rosen, and picked up the Saints 2020 second rounder along the way.

Let's see what ultimately happens with Rosen and that pick before coming to any conclusions.

But you are correct, at the moment McCoy appears to be playing well and Rosen is not.

Here is the problem with what you are saying. We as fans could pick better players than this damn FO. We are joke for a reason. I sat there two years ago while Goedert and Andrews were available and we draft Geilsicki. it is maddening that people on a message board could draft better than people that get paid to do it. So even if we had not drafted Rosen we still probably would not have selected McCoy.

I've become convinced that it's just us. Put Rosen behind a better OL than Miami or Arizona and he'd look better. Better coaches would help him too. Or put McCoy in Miami right about now and see how great he'd be with the garbage we put around him. We're the common denominator when it comes to players looking just downright awful. Others have also pointed out in other threads "how good does anyone think Tua would look in Miami right now?" His fate would be the same right now. Anyone think Brady wins six super bowls in 18 years if he's taken by Miami? It's almost laughable to think he would have. No, he landed in the absolute perfect place on a team with new ownership and a coach getting his second chance as a head coach all at the same time. It all clicked at once for them.

For us, we just seem to be in a funk that won't be fixed by just a few changes. It's going to take a lot to get out of this and probably will warrant an inevitable change at the very top as well before we can become successful again. I feel for Ross because he's done some good things too. He put over $400 million into the stadium so it'd be top notch again, knowing it wouldn't happen any other way. You think he likes the product he's putting into his much-improved building? It's got to sting but nothing has really worked under his ownership. That change at the top will probably be necessary before we turn a corner. I hope I'm alive to see an eventual uptick.

I've become convinced that it's just us. Put Rosen behind a better OL than Miami or Arizona and he'd look better. Better coaches would help him too. Or put McCoy in Miami right about now and see how great he'd be with the garbage we put around him. We're the common denominator when it comes to players looking just downright awful. Others have also pointed out in other threads "how good does anyone think Tua would look in Miami right now?" His fate would be the same right now. Anyone think Brady wins six super bowls in 18 years if he's taken by Miami? It's almost laughable to think he would have. No, he landed in the absolute perfect place on a team with new ownership and a coach getting his second chance as a head coach all at the same time. It all clicked at once for them.

For us, we just seem to be in a funk that won't be fixed by just a few changes. It's going to take a lot to get out of this and probably will warrant an inevitable change at the very top as well before we can become successful again. I feel for Ross because he's done some good things too. He put over $400 million into the stadium so it'd be top notch again, knowing it wouldn't happen any other way. You think he likes the product he's putting into his much-improved building? It's got to sting but nothing has really worked under his ownership. That change at the top will probably be necessary before we turn a corner. I hope I'm alive to see an eventual uptick.
Agree 100%. I like your Tom Brady point. The guy is not a generational talent or special athlete. Had we selected him in the draft he likely would be out of football by now.

Well, McCoy went with the 16th pick in the second round.

We traded the last pick in the second round (or next to last pick) for Rosen, and picked up the Saints 2020 second rounder along the way.

Let's see what ultimately happens with Rosen and that pick before coming to any conclusions.

But you are correct, at the moment McCoy appears to be playing well and Rosen is not.

McCoy went with the pick the Saints got from us. We got their 2019 2nd, which we traded to the Cardinals for Rosen, and their 2020 2nd. We could have had McCoy if we didn’t trade down to give the Cardinals the lowest possible 2nd round pick (which was their asking price for Rosen).

McCoy went with the pick the Saints got from us. We got their 2019 2nd, which we traded to the Cardinals for Rosen, and their 2020 2nd. We could have had McCoy if we didn’t trade down to give the Cardinals the lowest possible 2nd round pick (which was their asking price for Rosen).
Ok. That's what I said. Let's wait and see what ultimately happens with Rosen, and what we do with that pick from the Saints.

My belief was that this draft should have been about building the lines to be ready to take off next year when we get our real QB. And to a large extent that’s what the front office did. But even though it didn’t cost much, I still never understood the idea of getting Rosen when he was never going to be in a position to succeed. Maybe the idea is for him to be a really good and cost effective back up, which isn’t a terrible idea.

Rosen was improving until the Redskin game. The pass rush by the Redskins made it impossible for any QB to do very much. The Skins switched to prevent when Fitz came in. Rosen mostly didn't have one second to diagnose the defense, choose his target, set his feet and fire the ball. He still came out of the bye a step back from how he was playing prior to and that's concerning.

Back
Top Bottom