What current QB resembles Marino's game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What current QB resembles Marino's game?

JayFin327

Active Roster
Reaction score
Obviously there will never be another Marino, but after watching the CNBC interview where Marino says Aaron Rodgers most resembles his game today it got me thinking. I personally think Andrew Luck has some Marino traits (besides the curly brown hair). Natural leadership, highly competitive, excellent arm strength and accuracy and that sixth sense of stepping around in the pocket with defenders coming from all direction that Marino was so masterful at.

Who do you all think?

Yea, minus the mobility, Luck is it with a bit of Aarons deep game.

Matt Stafford is a close Marino clone in terms of being pass heavy, not as good but pretty good.

Luck is a close Marino except luck can run. All honesty, nobody is Marino, his first 2 years in the NFL he was a prodigy in terms of qb production, and IMO nobody will match the first 2 year output Marino had, no one..

I would say that Marino had Brady's deep ball, with Luck's pocket presence.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Matt Stafford is a close Marino clone in terms of being pass heavy, not as good but pretty good.

Luck is a close Marino except luck can run. All honesty, nobody is Marino, his first 2 years in the NFL he was a prodigy in terms of qb production, and IMO nobody will match the first 2 year output Marino had, no one..

Marino could run 1983-85, but there was no need to.

Phillip Rivers seems to resemble Marino post injury, although the weird throwing mechanics. Andrew Luck is a nice QB, but his accuracy is definitely one of his weakest attributes.

Phillip Rivers seems to resemble Marino post injury, although the weird throwing mechanics. Andrew Luck is a nice QB, but his accuracy is definitely one of his weakest attributes.
Rivers is the one that sticks out to me as well. They both have that funny quick release. They both like to go deep and hit the open guy, they are both hot heads.

I would say that Luck & Rodgers are nothing like Marino. They are both mobile guys that are great outside of the pocket. Danny was a pure pocket passer.

I always thought Peyton was the closest to Marino in this generation amd Brady is closest to Montana.

There is nobody like Marino in the league

Luck and Marino are very different QB's, but forgetting running/passing ability they look very similar in the pocket. Luck has that sense of feeling pressure that Marino had. Rodgers is probably close in mechanics, and accuracy. Rivers is in the sense he's strictly a pocket passer.

I'm biased, but if I had to list them it'd be something like this : Marino, Rodgers, Luck, Rivers.

I always thought Peyton Manning was similar, style-wise, to Dan Marino.

I always thought Rivers did in terms of mechanics and delivery. He isn't as good as Marino, but similar demeanor, build and mechanics.

I actually think Rodgers is nothing like Marino. Luck neither. Those guys are much more mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Marino as much as the next guy ... but these are the kind of nostalgia threads that result from 10+ years of sucking.

Back
Top Bottom