What current QB resembles Marino's game? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What current QB resembles Marino's game?

Andrew Luck is really good and is gonna be one of the greats, but he doesn't have Marino's arm or release.

He does, however, manage the pocket as well as Dan did.

I'd go Rivers also

If I had to pick, I'll go with stronger armed Rivers or a less reckless Stafford.

Rivers to me too, I always thought he had that fire and quick release of Dan although I never really liked rivers personally, go figure

Like others here, Rivers reminds me of Marino sometimes. Rivers is more bratty, but they both show a fire to compete and win. To my uneducated eyes Rivers' throwing motion reminds me of Dan's.

Like others here, Rivers reminds me of Marino sometimes. Rivers is more bratty, but they both show a fire to compete and win. To my uneducated eyes Rivers' throwing motion reminds me of Dan's.

I don't see any similarities. Marino had a perfect throwing motion whereas River looks as if he is pushing the ball out of his hand. Rivers mechanics look terrible to me.

Rivers doesn't have Marino's arm strength, pocket awareness or quickness of release. I don't see it.

When I said Manning, I meant in his prime, obviously. But both those guys had the arm, the pocket awareness, the ability not to get sacked, that being smarter than anyone else, the carrying the team on their shoulders. Like I said, no question about it.

Rivers doesn't have Marino's arm strength, pocket awareness or quickness of release. I don't see it.

...and I never saw Dan get into it with the other team to the extreme level Rivers does. Dan would get into in with his own guys is they weren't playing well, but I never saw him jaw jack with the sidelines of the opposing team like Rivers does.

Rivers to me too, I always thought he had that fire and quick release of Dan although I never really liked rivers personally, go figure

Similar disposition. I remember one announcer said of Marino "he keeps his confidence because he's never in his career made a bad pass, it's always been the receiver's fault."

The arm? I would put Colin Kaepernick most similar, but other than arm they have no similarities. Manning has the vision that Marino had (at least until his final years) and ability to read defenses.

Back
Top Bottom