What Determines... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Determines...

DPhinz_DPhinz

I cash reality checks....
☠️ Banned ☠️
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
if a player in the organization gets "paid"?

I ask due to the back and forth involved with the past contract of Landry and the future contracts of James and Howard.

Is it:
  1. past performance?
  2. present performance?
  3. future performance?
  4. position importance?
  5. a combination of things?
  6. other?

Past performance, future performance and position importance. For me at least.

Landry wasn't worth the money due to his position not his performance.

Howard and Tunsil do for all 3 .

Agreed about Landry. Big $ is for difference makers. Jarvis was a top level slot/possession receiver, but not a difference maker, like Julio Jones for example.

Value. Replacability.

Xavien Howard shouldn’t be compared to Jarvis Landry. Landry’s skills aren’t the least bit rare despite how entertaining.

And Jarvis Landry shouldn’t be compared to Ju’Wuan James. Landry was significantly more impactful that JJ. Best thing you can about James is that we don’t want to create another hole. That’s not an endorsement.

Value. Replacability.

Xavien Howard shouldn’t be compared to Jarvis Landry. Landry’s skills aren’t the least bit rare despite how entertaining.

And Jarvis Landry shouldn’t be compared to Ju’Wuan James. Landry was significantly more impactful that JJ. Best thing you can about James is that we don’t want to create another hole. That’s not an endorsement.
Who compared him to JJ? The poster made a comparison to LT. A valid one.

1. Position importance
2. Future performance

I wouldn't pay big money to certain positions like HB, no way I pay a HB 15 million unless he's putting up HOF numbers and is under 27 years old.

Value versus future performance/scheme fit

Who compared him to JJ? The poster made a comparison to LT. A valid one.

Those were the three names mentioned in the OP.

I was just pointing how wide the gap is between an All pro like Xavien Howard and a good player we can afford to lose like Landry and then an average player we can really afford to lose like JJ.

Value is the answer the OP was looking for. I did a good job on that post.

Ascending player or descending player.

Too bad we’ve paid so many descending players.

If he's a truly great player or has merely feigned as much recently

That aspect will cause more errors than anything else

I have a suspicion that Tannehill and Osweiler think Landry would have been worth every penny it would have taken to sign him.

Back
Top Bottom