What do the dolphins need to make it to the Super Bowl? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do the dolphins need to make it to the Super Bowl?

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Since we are all dolphins fan here who feel are team is very close to making it to the Super Bowl, I was wondering what the rest of the phinfans feel is needed for the phins to make it to the big game.
IMHO, I feel that the dolphins have all the key players in place to make a run at the Super Bowl. On the other hand, I feel that there 2 things missing. First of all, I think we need to create more turnovers and limit the turnovers we make. If you look at the 7 losses we had last year, we made an amazing amount of turnovers. That needs to end. Also in those games, we didn't create many so that too is a problem.

The other and most important thing we need to have is a killer instinct. Hopefully we got that this year with Seau and the other new members of our team but so many times we could have closed teams out only to watch the game slip out of our hands (see dolphins @ NE or dolphins @ MIN) or have the game turn into a real nail-biter (see dolphins @ IND). I'm tired of this!!! We need to close teams out and finish them off when we have a chance. What do the rest of you think?:judge:

Need to produce on the field come September.

I agree with you on part Killer instinct.They need to put the opponent away and keep torching them until there five minutes left.The Dolphins when they have big leads tend to predictable with play selection(Conservative).

I think they need some of ^^^^ that! I am sure she would fire the players up to win a SB...as long as they get a reward in the end.

A relatively injury free season is usually critical to a SB run

A couch

and a good therapist to help them believe in theirselves...

We need to score more points than we give up for a majority of games this season, especially the last 3 we play!!:D

Gator

Originally posted by jtown777
Heart and Desire. The talent is already there.

This to me is key..

Derek Brooks of Tampa sumed it up this way when told that teams were trying to copy their D.

"The success of what Tampa Bay did last season on defense has led to that "copy-cat" syndrome again striking the NFL. Teams are now looking for faster defensive linemen, smaller, quicker linebackers and a secondary that can run and tackle.

They all want to be the Tampa Bay defense.

"You can't copy the player's heart," Brooks said. "You can't copy the foundation that was brought here in 1996. You can simulate it, you can put the Xs and Os on the field, but you can't imitate the mind and the heart that makes this defense what it is. There ain't no way. I have yet to see it done." "

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Buy a ticket! :lol:

:foundout:

:lol: :lol:

I think you need a qb who is above average who can make things happen when it matters most. Not that Fiedler is bad, but the fact that the fins are thinking about bringing in Griese who is "arguably" just as good if not better simply implies that your coaching staff has some issues with the qb position.

Back
Top Bottom