What do you think of Wannys openly saying | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you think of Wannys openly saying

Sherif

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We're going to run the ball and abandon the open pssing game. Why say it now against a team thats tops in the league in the run. And if you're going to do that and get back to conservative why announce it at all. :fire:

LINK

On one hand, I like it. We need to be able to run the ball. But on the other hand, I don't like what it implies......that we will go back to being conservative.......even moreso than before.

Again, this is all on the offensive line. For all these predictions to come true, they're going to have to magically start blocking people and blocking them better.

If Armando is interpreting Wannstedt's comments correctly, our season -- and his head coaching career -- are over.

I hope he is saying that to surprise the Titans.

Is it me because I don't follow other teams that much or do they also announce what they're going to do like JJ and Wanny always do. As far as Bsing he's not. He's been trained by JJ into thinking other teams can know what you're going to do and if you're good at it they can't stop you. If they've completely given up on opening the pass to open the run they're in trouble. Just because our LT got beat one game you don't change your entire play book and game plan to account for that. You give him a little help every now and then but don't focus your entire offense on one position. I'll tell you now running on first down against Tenn in the first half is going to be a waste of a down. We'll basically be putting ourselves in 2nd and 9 the whole game. And in the second half we've scored 7 points total in the last 3 games.

I understood the announcement as putting more pressure on the offense. No lip service in private to the team only. We are going to run without question. That's a challenge and a determined direction. I applaud him for it.

As for giving out the game plan to the rest of the NFL, the thought is laughable. Every team in the NFL knows you have to stop Ricky first to win. It's no secret.

Jaws and everybody was saying you have to pass to open up the run. What happened to taking what the Defense gives you. They're giving you 8-9 men in the box 2 yards from the LOS on first down and you run right into it? Why do you think every defender that's interviewd after beating the Dolphins say "we knew what they were going to do?"

Ricky is still a huge threat, and Wanny is just giving the league a heads-up, we are still going to pound the ball and you will still have to bring up extra guys to stop him. And when you do that we will go down the field on you. I really think Griese is good QB, somebody else said when he drops back you wait for something good to happen, I feel that way too.

its too heavy... all my ammo against Dave. not worth reloading. other people are handling it anyway.

good luck Dave. your success is our success. your failure is our pain.

It was Wannstedts evil plan since the start of the season. Make everyone think that our running game is now crap, and then wake up the offensive line for the second half of the season.

Yea, that's the ticket...:rolleyes:

Maybe Dave is trying to set up play-action. ;)

Originally posted by Muck
LINK

On one hand, I like it. We need to be able to run the ball. But on the other hand, I don't like what it implies......that we will go back to being conservative.......even moreso than before.

Again, this is all on the offensive line. For all these predictions to come true, they're going to have to magically start blocking people and blocking them better.

The OL has not been doing well but it's not all on them. They're looking at 8-9 players on the other side leaning toward the center on first down an we run right into it. I'm putting alot of this season's failure on the coaches.

10000 points :dink:

Last edited by a moderator:
This could be a long sunday for us.Hard to believe that we could be looking at a 5-4 record with all the talent that we have.Everytime that we run on first down the way we're blocking right now and facing a loaded LOS we'll be lucky if Ricky gets out of the back field at all!!

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

Originally posted by Sherif

The OL has not been doing well but it's not all on them. They're looking at 8-9 players on the other side leaning toward the center on first down an we run right into it. I'm putting alot of this season's failure on the coaches.

10000 points :dink:

This is true. But what I mean is, if the coaches are going to abandon the pass (so to speak) and just run it and run it, the OL is gonna have to work some magic because they won't be getting much help.

Then again, for PA to start working, we've got to effectively run the ball. So....whatever. Just get her done. :yell:

Back
Top Bottom