What do you think of Wannys openly saying | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you think of Wannys openly saying

Teams will still over load the run, they are stopping us with extra guys, the Titans secondary is banged up and gives up alot of yards a great way to beat them is to use alot of play-action. hence the Wanny quote.

Originally posted by Sherif
We're going to run the ball and abandon the open pssing game. Why say it now against a team thats tops in the league in the run. And if you're going to do that and get back to conservative why announce it at all. :fire:

Just like back in January, Wannstedt said that we would be one of the best passing os in the league and that the Oline was our top priority. just more wanny's bull **** !!

Originally posted by JAGFISH
Teams will still over load the run, they are stopping us with extra guys, the Titans secondary is banged up and gives up alot of yards a great way to beat them is to use alot of play-action. hence the Wanny quote.
.......dude dont tell lies.....we dont use extra people to stop anyones run......we are run nasty and have been longer than anyone else in the nfl.....we have been in the top five of run stuffing since 98 and top ten since 94......ricky is a great back but he will do absolutely nothing to hurt us on ground because we are healthy.....we have face the best of the best in the nfl already......your OL sux and that is why ricky is not studly this yr......just wait til the DL penetration starts......ricky will have more negative and one yd runs then you have seen all year.........as for our secondary....samari rolle returns to take away CC........all your yds will be in garbage time like everyone elses against us........you'll find out first hand how nasty this D is.........mvp mcnair will carve you up and calico and mccarreins are going to tower and run past your DB's......not smack just fact......here is to no injuries and good luck the rest of the way.....you'll need it......but we'll beat the jets and the bills for you in dec.....

All Wanny said was that Miami would lead the league in rushing over the 2nd half of the season. He didn't say Miami would use a conservative offense. We could be implementing a spread O. I know that's not Norv's prefferred set, but there is some evidence to support this speculation. There was the move to activate Newsome. That could just be b/c somebody wanted to sign him away, but that same report mentioned Newsome playing in 4 wide sets. Also I saw a Vic Carucci quote saying Miami was planning to run out of a spread formation.

One of Miami's offensive strengths is that they have lots of receiving options. Some are just young wrs with potential, but they do have talent. Miami's weakness is the o-line. Spreading defenses out and not letting them all bunch up in front of our o-line might be a smart strategy.

Only way team will start respecting the passing game if the Dolphins can connect on 45+ yards pass which they haavent attempted since Fiedler.Let see what Griese can really hurt teams downfield by throwing some fade patterns to Chambers and fly routes.

Isn't Tennessee the top team against the run? Great time to announce this ingenious plan..

yes we are number one 75 yds a game......fins fan here said but wait they are giving up 3.9 a carry and we only give up 3.2.......look who you have played and look who we have played......we faced the elite backs in the nfl this yr already.......your guys opponents on the road dont even have close to a winning record......the best was the giants at 4-4..........keep talking......cause we are going to smack you.....i can tell you up here in the papers and on the radio we have respect for you but we have a dislike for you.......you guys send half your D to the probowl and collapse every yr.......great D dont do that.....your over rated on D.......you had to beat the pats last yr last game.....and you lost 27-24.........fiedler did not give up the 27 points......zach, taylor and madison and surtain did.......but the media and the fans blamed fiedler......a freakin joke.........your D is the problem.....they are world beaters in the first half and have not done squat since the early 80's.........your guys have taken titan roster spots in hawaii and we are going to take it to ya.......this one has been circled........taylor talks like he's the best......well number 90 in blue will show he is the best.....

Originally posted by rafael
All Wanny said was that Miami would lead the league in rushing over the 2nd half of the season. He didn't say Miami would use a conservative offense. We could be implementing a spread O. I know that's not Norv's prefferred set, but there is some evidence to support this speculation. There was the move to activate Newsome. That could just be b/c somebody wanted to sign him away, but that same report mentioned Newsome playing in 4 wide sets. Also I saw a Vic Carucci quote saying Miami was planning to run out of a spread formation.

One of Miami's offensive strengths is that they have lots of receiving options. Some are just young wrs with potential, but they do have talent. Miami's weakness is the o-line. Spreading defenses out and not letting them all bunch up in front of our o-line might be a smart strategy.

rafael that sounds right but why not make that adjustment during games like the HOuston game or NE game when they were all bunched up. They need a whole off week to complate using a different set. This team is like an elephant. They cant make changes and adjustments on the fly. Keep it up and they'll be extinct.

If Wannstedt is telling the truth then he is just dumb. If he is trying to trick the Titans then he is doing something smart. We will find out soon enough which one he is doing.

That's true. Every coach has strengths and weaknesses. Wanny is actually a very good coach in most areas, but Wanny's weakness is that he can't adjust quickly. Successful coaches bring in people that are strong in the areas they are weak in. Wanny's ultimate success will depend upon whether his coordinators can make the right adjustments. This season the D has been successful in adapting during games (unlike last year), but the O hasn't made enough of their adjustments work.

I have a different thought on that. I tend to agree with what I believe Mark Schlereth said on ESPN. Miami has to spread the defense out. Too often we see 8 men in the box and keep playing in our base offense. We need to set up with three to four recievers and make them take a linebacker out of the lineup. Spread the Defense by putting two or three on one side and then run it up the middle. It forces at least one guy out of the box which may be all Ricky needs.

Ricky also came out this week and basically said he has been timid. He said he now realizes he has to be a bruiser in order for this team to be succesful. I expect a vastly improved running game this week from him. Maybe not 100 yards, but his YPC should be up.

C'mon you guys you don't really believe Dave is that stupid now ? Dave is setting something up..

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
C'mon you guys you don't really believe Dave is that stupid now ? Dave is setting something up..

I don't think he's setting up a darn thing. I believe that he is fed up with the lack of productivity on the ground and is meaning to change it. I think it is a challenge to that OL. Unfortunately, I don't think the OL will respond positively.

the pressure will be squarely on D in this game - particularly w/Zach and Pat hurting or out. Our D will have to keep it close to a shutout at least a TD shutout for Wanne to keep pounding RW ag such a good run D like we did in the Bills games.

The Titans are yielding 3.9 yards per attempt, 12th-best in the league.

''We have to run the ball on Sunday,'' Wannstedt said. ``And we will.''

I still believe that as long as Griese comes up to the line and sees 8 in the box, we need to pass often. If even we just dump it off to Ricky or Konrad

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305

I wouldn't be surprised if he is that stupid and if he is telling the truth.

Back
Top Bottom