What do you think of Wannys openly saying | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you think of Wannys openly saying

Originally posted by bongo59
.......dude dont tell lies.....we dont use extra people to stop anyones run......we are run nasty and have been longer than anyone else in the nfl.....we have been in the top five of run stuffing since 98 and top ten since 94......ricky is a great back but he will do absolutely nothing to hurt us on ground because we are healthy.....we have face the best of the best in the nfl already......your OL sux and that is why ricky is not studly this yr......just wait til the DL penetration starts......ricky will have more negative and one yd runs then you have seen all year.........as for our secondary....samari rolle returns to take away CC........all your yds will be in garbage time like everyone elses against us........you'll find out first hand how nasty this D is.........mvp mcnair will carve you up and calico and mccarreins are going to tower and run past your DB's......not smack just fact......here is to no injuries and good luck the rest of the way.....you'll need it......but we'll beat the jets and the bills for you in dec.....

why....do...you...type...like...this...

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
C'mon you guys you don't really believe Dave is that stupid now ? Dave is setting something up..

No, he is not that stupid. but then again, neither is jeff fisher !!
:lol:

What would you do(or say)? We got Ricky for a reason, and that was to jam it down the opposing D's throat.
That's all we got, if Griese hits a few then it's pennies from heaven.
The design is in place. We execute it or we fail. Period. Should he have said we were gonna lead the league in stops for a loss?
We gotta ride it out. It's better than passing on 3rd and 1, I don't think anyone will disagree. Given the parity right now, we aren't doing too bad. NE has gotten real lucky. A busted pass in OT and a safety call go the wrong way and we are even.
Our turnover ratio has me optimistic, a ball-hawking D is gonna get us there.
Nonetheless, this game is pivotal. I have a high level of confidence in our D against McNair. 20hrs from now our season will have a whole different outlook.

Originally posted by bongo59
.......dude dont tell lies.....we dont use extra people to stop anyones run......we are run nasty and have been longer than anyone else in the nfl.....we have been in the top five of run stuffing since 98 and top ten since 94......ricky is a great back but he will do absolutely nothing to hurt us on ground because we are healthy.....we have face the best of the best in the nfl already......your OL sux and that is why ricky is not studly this yr......just wait til the DL penetration starts......ricky will have more negative and one yd runs then you have seen all year.........as for our secondary....samari rolle returns to take away CC........all your yds will be in garbage time like everyone elses against us........you'll find out first hand how nasty this D is.........mvp mcnair will carve you up and calico and mccarreins are going to tower and run past your DB's......not smack just fact......here is to no injuries and good luck the rest of the way.....you'll need it......but we'll beat the jets and the bills for you in dec.....

Dude, don't tell lies after telling someone else not to!

>we have face the best of the best in the nfl already< Really? You must mean like that Powerhouse, Houston. They got 91 yards on 16 carrys against your D. :D

NE got 143 on 23 and Indy got 120 on 30. Of course I consider these last two to be a bit closer to the original criteria, but still not the {"best of the best."

Carolina is the only top 5 rushing team you have faced. Trouble is, they are NFC, and most people realize they don't stand up well to AFC. Secondly, anyone can have a bad day.

Your next b of b sits at 12th, and is also an NFC team.

Rushing Defense - Rushing Yards/Game
Team .........G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TDs FDs 20+
Tennessee 8 155 19.4 603 3.9 75.4 5 37 2
Miami .........8 207 25.9 632 3.1 79.0 4 36 0

Gee, you have only faced TWO teams in the top ELEVEN in Passing and you lost both games. Uh, Brian has only lost to the team Tenn, and Miami ahve both played which is at #3 in passing, Indy, and he got more than 7 measly points against them.

BTW, Miami has yet to give up a 100 yard game to ONE RB. Even against the team Tenn gave 120 yards to. :D

Hopefully you will think twice before telling someone else not to lie, next time.

Originally posted by lotion
What would you do(or say)? We got Ricky for a reason, and that was to jam it down the opposing D's throat.
That's all we got, if Griese hits a few then it's pennies from heaven.
The design is in place. We execute it or we fail. Period. Should he have said we were gonna lead the league in stops for a loss?
We gotta ride it out. It's better than passing on 3rd and 1, I don't think anyone will disagree. Given the parity right now, we aren't doing too bad. NE has gotten real lucky. A busted pass in OT and a safety call go the wrong way and we are even.
Our turnover ratio has me optimistic, a ball-hawking D is gonna get us there.
Nonetheless, this game is pivotal. I have a high level of confidence in our D against McNair. 20hrs from now our season will have a whole different outlook.

Execution IS key, and it starts with the line. If they can't get it done first, you can hardly expect good things from the others.

Originally posted by Merman
I understood the announcement as putting more pressure on the offense. No lip service in private to the team only. We are going to run without question. That's a challenge and a determined direction. I applaud him for it.

As for giving out the game plan to the rest of the NFL, the thought is laughable. Every team in the NFL knows you have to stop Ricky first to win. It's no secret.

I agree with this post because it just sounds to make more sense and sounds like something DW would say.

Tactics

purely a diversion IMO. From what or to what I have no idea. I don't think it will change our defensive GP.

Desperate act from a desperate man.

"We are going to enforce our will against theirs."

It doesn't add up to lost games because the idea is stupid.

It adds up to lost games because you don't have the talent on the field to enforce that "will".

The idea is stupid as a result.

How do you beat the Tampa Bay Bucs D-Fense (when it was at its peck performance)? Run right at them and the strength of their Defense.

Originally posted by MacAttack
How do you beat the Tampa Bay Bucs D-Fense (when it was at its peck performance)? Run right at them and the strength of their Defense.

Ain't we been running right aT everybody so far?? ;)

Originally posted by Sherif

The OL has not been doing well but it's not all on them. They're looking at 8-9 players on the other side leaning toward the center on first down an we run right into it. I'm putting alot of this season's failure on the coaches.

10000 points :dink:

How are the offensive problems NOT all on the O-L Sherif ? They have been underachieving since day one this season ! They even had problems opening up holes against the Chargers ....

It is funny how B Griese is having similar problems that J Fiedler has had this season,,, hardly ANY time to look down field .. Even if D Marino was the qb for this offense, he would still have problems with time to throw !!

Imo these guy's need to get their heads out of their @$$es and pass / run block.. The defense did not play their usual spectacular game last Sunday,, but when they serve up prime field position on the opponents 15 yrd line, and the o-l gives up a terrible sack (which causes a fumble) on second and goal,, there is absolutely no other part of the team that can be blamed .....

:D

Marino1983

it is the OL - having Ricky, Chamber and McM w/Griese at QB is good enough quality at the skills positions to match our D and make us the best team in the NFL IF we have a good OL - not a mediocre or pathetic or inconsistent or 1 D - a good OL. We do not and that means Wanne needs to make tough choices - either risk letting the D make big plays like Freeney did or just handing it off to Ricky and hoping that we can get into lots of 3rd and 3's. Norv s/b able to give us enough 1st downs from 3rd and 3. The problem is RW getting past the LOS ag Tenn w/8 in the box and our OL having been so terrible. That is asking a lot, but obviously what Wanne is asking like he did ag Buffalo

Marino1983

>>It is funny how B Griese is having similar problems that J Fiedler has had this season,,, hardly ANY time to look down field .. <<

IMHO, Not really. Factor in 'games played' and Brian is way ahead in every category on the Players pages of nfl.com Yards per game, Completions per attempt, TDs, TD/Int ratio, + 20 and +40 completions, and QB rating. The only place Jay comes out ahead is in Rushing yards and AT PRESENT, even he can't run. Brian sure makes up for the fact with his passing though. :D Actually Brian doesn't do so bad in that category either, when he is not playing hurt.

I agree with the rest of what you said. Just wanted to set the record straight on Brian.

Back
Top Bottom