What do you want from Panthers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you want from Panthers?

Dan13Forever

Sewell = waste pick
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I have been monitoring Panthers fan sites and newspaper reactions. They have gone crazy over the Dolphins moves. They beleivies the Panthers has been screwed out of qb runing.
They think, Jax, NY, SF will go qb qb qb. Atl will go qb as well. Cincy will take Sewell.

Get this, they think dolphins will take a qb as well. That means they cannot get either Lance or Jones.

So if you are Grier, and Pathers call you, and you know they will take either Lance or Jones, and that means you could still have one of Smiths, Chase, Waddle or Pitts. Would you trade down to 8? And what do you want for it.

I would ask for at least a first in 2022, and settle for 2023. What do you want?

They didn’t get screwed, they didn’t bid enough to get to 3. The only way they try to trade up is if they think Denver is calling. The very least I take is there second this year.
Now they are regretting it. They thought no one would offer a big haul like SF. Now they panic.

Last edited:
Their first round pick this year along with a third round pick this year and a first round pick in 2022.
Something along those lines for me to.

I'd LOVE to get another 2nd this year... but if we know they are coming up for a qb, we should squeeze them out for that first next year if possible. But what are the odds they really need to move up? Likely no QB between 5-8 imo

Now they are regretting it. They thought no one would offer a big haul like SF. Now they pinic.
I’d bet they didn’t like Grier asking for this year first and second with next years first and maybe third. So now they my be paying prime rib price for leftovers. Could of had the third QB off the board and now if they don’t trade up might not get any. I can see Grier know Miami on the clock, Panthers low balling again can you hold Denver’s on the other line.

I think it depends on how Grier and Flo see the draft playing out and which players they are targeting.

If they were not targeting some specific players, they do not make the Philadelphia trade.

If their target list is Pitts, Chase, Waddle, Smith, and Sewell then Miami should be working the phones with both the Panthers and Broncos and take the best offer so they get one of their targets and add picks.

However, if Miami is targeting only Chase and Pitts then the offer would need to at least include the teams 1st round pick next year.

For Miami to trade down to 8 or 9, miss their target and not get a 1st round pick next year to recoup the one sent to Philly means Grier and Flo screwed themselves.

It is funner to screw someone else than screw one’s self :)

I think the conversation starts with their 1st and 2nd round picks in 2021. To trade up two spots for a QB the deal, may also have to include some combo of picks in 2022 or perhaps 2023, as well. Although I believe Denver is the team to keep an eye out for. They are hot for a QB.

Back
Top Bottom