What do you want from Panthers? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you want from Panthers?

Guys, we can’t expect a first round pick to move back 2 spots. At least not when it’s from 6 to 8. The going rate for this slide back to #8 would be a second round pick. You can’t put a QB premium on the sixth pick
You can if they are trying to come up for a QB that someone else is after as well!

Guys, we can’t expect a first round pick to move back 2 spots. At least not when it’s from 6 to 8. The going rate for this slide back to #8 would be a second round pick. You can’t put a QB premium on the sixth pick
Then they can't have #6. Very simple.......

I have been monitoring Panthers fan sites and newspaper reactions. They have gone crazy over the Dolphins moves. They beleivies the Panthers has been screwed out of qb runing.
They think, Jax, NY, SF will go qb qb qb. Atl will go qb as well. Cincy will take Sewell.

Get this, they think dolphins will take a qb as well. That means they cannot get either Lance or Jones.

So if you are Grier, and Pathers call you, and you know they will take either Lance or Jones, and that means you could still have one of Smiths, Chase, Waddle or Pitts. Would you trade down to 8? And what do you want for it.

I would ask for at least a first in 2022, and settle for 2023. What do you want?

Not to over-simplify, but the best offer Flo/Grier can get. If that's a '21 2nd, I'll take it. I'm not turning down additional picks just because it's not 'what I want.' That said, squeeze the pig til it squeals.

Agreed... its unreasonable to expect a first for that. Only way is if a team behind them is trying to trade up to. Detroit isnt taking a qb. Maybe they get nervous a team jumps in front of them.... idk. I think we end up picking 6

Not to over-simplify, but the best offer Flo/Grier can get. If that's a '21 2nd, I'll take it. I'm not turning down additional picks just because it's not 'what I want.' That said, squeeze the pig til it squeals.
To a point.

You do stand a chance of losing your preference of a player.

Sometimes the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Would love a 2nd this year, if you can get another pick for 2022 bonus! Both Denver and Carolina think their a QB away which is the ideal scenario to get more than what normal value is so maybe a first next season isn't out of the question!

I think that's the best case scenario for Miami. If quarterbacks go with the first four picks and Cincinnati takes Sewell, Miami is guaranteed a playmaker with a trade down to eight.

Maybe Carolina would offer a 2021 2nd round pick.

I have been monitoring Panthers fan sites and newspaper reactions. They have gone crazy over the Dolphins moves. They beleivies the Panthers has been screwed out of qb runing.
They think, Jax, NY, SF will go qb qb qb. Atl will go qb as well. Cincy will take Sewell.

Get this, they think dolphins will take a qb as well. That means they cannot get either Lance or Jones.

So if you are Grier, and Pathers call you, and you know they will take either Lance or Jones, and that means you could still have one of Smiths, Chase, Waddle or Pitts. Would you trade down to 8? And what do you want for it.

I would ask for at least a first in 2022, and settle for 2023. What do you want?

I remember, you said we would draft smith.

Something along those lines for me to.

I'd LOVE to get another 2nd this year... but if we know they are coming up for a qb, we should squeeze them out for that first next year if possible. But what are the odds they really need to move up? Likely no QB between 5-8 imo
If they come up, must be a qb if either Lance or Jones still on the board. Other positions are deep. Not need to give up picks.

Back
Top Bottom