What happen to that Karim Abdul Jabar RB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happen to that Karim Abdul Jabar RB?

Steve Mo

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What happen to that Karim guy I saw for a while and then he..... Well... Is in the NFL I guess... Does anyone know what happen to him? I thought he was young so I dont think he called it quits so can you help me out?

you mean...

Abdul Karim Al-Jabbar right?:lol:

Don't know where he is... The last time i noticed him he was in a Colts uniform?

We traded him to CLeveland in '99. Changed his name to Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar. Then he went to Indy in 2000. Tore up his knee early. He's been out of football since.

Too bad, the guy had a great attitude and worked really hard. He could've been a good third down back for someone. I guess that's football though.

I thought he was pretty good too... He had 15 TDs in the same year rushing!

He was too concerned with his religion instead of football. Too me, football is my religion!!

Originally posted by Muck
We traded him to CLeveland in '99. Changed his name to Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar. Then he went to Indy in 2000. Tore up his knee early. He's been out of football since.

One of the reasons we traded him was because of his knee..the phins knew it was only a matter of time before it went..I was surprise he lasted as long as he did afterwards..but it finally wen out on him in Indy...Huh?

He would be a horrible 3rd down back! He doesn't have good hands and isn't very fast or elusive. He was small and slow, and has bad knees. He is definately out forever.

He got us in the endzone! Didn't he have 15 TDs in '98? He sucked it up in Cleveland...
FYI, he was sued by Kareem Abdul Jabbar the basketball legend for having the same name as him... that is why he changed it.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

One of the reasons we traded him was because of his knee..the phins knew it was only a matter of time before it went..I was surprise he lasted as long as he did afterwards..but it finally wen out on him in Indy...Huh?

How do/did you/they know that?

Thanks Bod....I know what degenerative means though...What I want to know I guess is, what was the condition? And was Cleveland aware of it also?

Back
Top Bottom