What happened to the J-E-T-S! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happened to the J-E-T-S!

I think the Jets are way over-rated this year and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Fins Fans. Last year they choked out at the end of the season and ended up 10-6 with a way better roster then they have now!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I think the Jets are way over-rated this year and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Fins Fans. Last year they choked out at the end of the season and ended up 10-6 with a way better roster then they have now!

I Think they are not over-rated this year in fact i see a better team this year with the addition of coles and law . The problem was chad had not realy played all that much in preseason.And his arm was not so great befor the injury and its worse now.The jets will go as far as chad can take them IMO chad will be good by game 7 but its what he can do befor then that i want to see.The jets will be good this year but i dont think they will win the SB the fact is i see a 10-6 record or 11-5 at best wile the dolphins will go 8-8 :D

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

how did we have a way better roster? Our rister this year is definitely better. We have a healthy Chad, a better OC, still have an excellent backup RB, better WRs, better pass catching TE, the D is better simply b/c our younger guys have experience and we added Ty Law. Our roster is definitely better, don't let one loss fool you.

nyjunc said:
The Chiefs D played well but they didn't totally dominate. we moved the ball well but shot oursleves in the foot w/ the unforced fumbles and Chad's 1 pick. Chad's #s were good and he threw the ball well but we made too many unforced errors and gave up many scoring chances.

yea, Junc...you're right..it seemed more to me that they beat themselves instead of the KC D...If Coles catches one of the 2 TDs he dropped (which is very unusual) and Chad/your snapper doesn't fumble as many times, it wasn't so bad, particularly when they were still in the game...but when you have days like that, mistakes and miscues seem to multiply themselves...I thought Chad was weaker as the game went on...kinda like he lost his drive or got tired...could be a result of the missed time...I just hope that he doesn't get his zing back this coming week. As I said on other threads...you guys weren't as bad as you looked and we weren't as good as we looked....

It was just nice to see someone else making the mistakes for a change...even if it is only for one week...

LarryFinFan said:
yea, Junc...you're right..it seemed more to me that they beat themselves instead of the KC D...If Coles catches one of the 2 TDs he dropped (which is very unusual) and Chad/your snapper doesn't fumble as many times, it wasn't so bad, particularly when they were still in the game...but when you have days like that, mistakes and miscues seem to multiply themselves...I thought Chad was weaker as the game went on...kinda like he lost his drive or got tired...could be a result of the missed time...I just hope that he doesn't get his zing back this coming week. As I said on other threads...you guys weren't as bad as you looked and we weren't as good as we looked....

It was just nice to see someone else making the mistakes for a change...even if it is only for one week...

I don't want to take all of the credit away from the KC D b/c they did play well.

nyjunc said:
If we play like we did Sunday there's no question you'll have a great chance but I expect a different team, if I don't see a major improvement I'll begin to get very worried about this team.
If if's and but's were cherries and nuts, we'd all be eating ice cream.
Ha, J-E-T-S S-H-M-E-T-S

Since Kelsey took out Pennington on his ill advised scramble into the teeth of the Bills D, the writting has been on the wall for him. Which is too bad because he's a good QB, smart etc. and there really is nothing not to like about the guy, aside from perhaps moderate arm strengh.

You now have to play a very good, close to error free game to compensate for Pennington's recovering shoulder. Is it back to full strength? 80-90%?
Hard to tell, but his velocity on the ball seems to be not quite as sharp as it was. Plus, if he's got the jitters and has been advised to avoid getting hit because of any continuing infirmity, the Jets are voiding a major aspect of the position.

Just my observation, you green sob's likely know more than I do, watching him at close range and all.

What do you say Jets fans, is he fully recovered, is his arm healed, or is he a liability, unable to endure the prospect of contact if he has to rush.

Iroquois Joe said:
If if's and but's were cherries and nuts, we'd all be eating ice cream.
Ha, J-E-T-S S-H-M-E-T-S

Since Kelsey took out Pennington on his ill advised scramble into the teeth of the Bills D, the writting has been on the wall for him. Which is too bad because he's a good QB, smart etc. and there really is nothing not to like about the guy, aside from perhaps moderate arm strengh.

You now have to play a very good, close to error free game to compensate for Pennington's recovering shoulder. Is it back to full strength? 80-90%?
Hard to tell, but his velocity on the ball seems to be not quite as sharp as it was. Plus, if he's got the jitters and has been advised to avoid getting hit because of any continuing infirmity, the Jets are voiding a major aspect of the position.

Just my observation, you green sob's likely know more than I do, watching him at close range and all.

What do you say Jets fans, is he fully recovered, is his arm healed, or is he a liability, unable to endure the prospect of contact if he has to rush.

Arem strength wise he might not be 100% but he is very close. he threw it very well in the preseason and on Sunday. I don't know what the problem Sunday was, my thinking is that it has to do w/ the new O. He looked a little tentative out there which is unusual and I believe it's from not yet knowing the O inside and out. Also, let's not forget he had a few key drops and a couple of bad snaps that were not his fault. I am very confident he's going to be fine but he may not be normal for a few eeks but will definitely keep improving.

Fixxit1st said:
This is a great opportunity to catch the Jets while there still reeling,...

There is no reeling still going on. The Jets going to play harder, faster, smarter and tougher than the Dolphins have seen them in years.

While the Dolphins and the Media have the Phins going to Detroit, the Jets have been fixing the few, fixable problems and are ready.

BZ

Finaddict said:
I was too busy celebrating the Phins win that I didn't bother to watch the Billd or Jets opener. Did anyone see what happened to the Jets? Why did they let up almost two hundred yards on the ground? Why was Fiddler the only one able to put up points? Were there some jets injured? Was weather a factor? Is the Skins D really that improved?(I know they got Surtain and he had a pick) Or do the J-E-T-S! suck! suck! suck! If so will Ronnie be able to run all over them next week to open up the passing game even more then last game? Is Vegas realistic to have a six point spread?
What happened to the fins? LOL!!:lol: :rofl3: :lol: :rofl3:

BwanaZulia said:
There is no reeling still going on. The Jets going to play harder, faster, smarter and tougher than the Dolphins have seen them in years.

While the Dolphins and the Media have the Phins going to Detroit, the Jets have been fixing the few, fixable problems and are ready.

BZ

You have to be concerned from that game. Pennington's arm is horrible, hell your fans were booing him.

Why we were playing 10 yards off is beyond me?

Martin is looking old, and I just heard he is going in for a MRI.

The Jets still did not look real good yesterday.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
You have to be concerned from that game. Pennington's arm is horrible, hell your fans were booing him.

Why we were playing 10 yards off is beyond me?

Martin is looking old, and I just heard he is going in for a MRI.

The Jets still did not look real good yesterday.

Chad struggled at times but was superb on the game clinching drive. His arm looked worse this week than last week but he still made plays and is getting better.

Back
Top Bottom