What happens down the road? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happens down the road?

@Highzenga that is kinda the point. This offense is scary good and hard as hell to defend.... why wouldn't we want it to continue? (rhetorical)

Not having draft picks to, hopefully, find a Wr with speed and skill to groom behind Hill/Waddle leaves FA or trading an expensive option. Sure it can be done.... but kicking the can down the road isn't the long-term answer IMO.

Anyway, with the current FA's we have signed and the loss of draft picks we will be pressed hard when the rent comes due.

you're right @gofins60 about the D being a bigger question. Our D needs an overhaul and isn't really scaring any other team. I hope this off-season it will be addressed much like the offense was last off-season.

Our offense is deadly and the impact of fewer draft choices (rookie deals) and paying the FA's coming down the pike (Hill $31 million next season) and rookie deals expiring (Tua new deal) is going to limit the future growth on offense and put a squeeze on FA defensive guys that will push us over the top.

It's not "doom and gloom" @kdog69 ... It's a reality down the road that I was hoping someone would discuss.
The reality is McDaniel is a damn genius. This is our offense now for the next hopefully 30 years. He is that good. Deebo was a 7th round draft pick and he tailored the offense to him. I'm sure he can tailor the offense in the future if he needed to. Tua won't need a Hill or Waddle speedy type of receiver years from now because he will be seasoned. Your use to not having nice things, like the rest of us when it pertains to the Dolphins. I am here to tell you that those days are over, and you can thank Mr. Ross and Grier for that when they hired McD.

The reality is McDaniel is a damn genius. This is our offense now for the next hopefully 30 years. He is that good. Deebo was a 7th round draft pick and he tailored the offense to him. I'm sure he can tailor the offense in the future if he needed to. Tua won't need a Hill or Waddle speedy type of receiver years from now because he will be seasoned. Your use to not having nice things, like the rest of us when it pertains to the Dolphins. I am here to tell you that those days are over, and you can thank Mr. Ross and Grier for that when they hired McD.
Haha 30 years? Don‘t hold your breath, this is the NFL and you know what that stands for. Just be thankful for the time we have with him in the now

I know it's speculation and waaaaay too early to ask:

What happens within the next 2 years to keep this offense going?
T. Hill will be approaching 30 yrs. old and, regardless of how awesome Tua has progressed, he will need to be replaced. Yes.... Please enjoy the ride.... but when does the ride end?

The draft choices we have given up gives us a smaller chance to land a projected "superstar" and it hurts is financially because we also have fewer players on rookie contracts (development while Hill is in his prime). FA may be an answer but there's only so many times you can "buy" your way into contention.

Anyway, it's a bye week and I thought I would see if anyone has given thought to the future without Hill. He is the catalyst that gets this offense where it is. Yes, he has plenty of help and a great Qb.... but without him we are far less dangerous IMO. Yes, there are other very important pieces around him and it's a team game... but let's be real here... losing Hill, at some point, will diminish our success.

Do we find a gem?
Does McD change his game?
How do we prepare for the inevitable? Or do you think it's no big deal?

It's not even "not a big deal." It's something Miami shouldn't have to think about for over THREE years.

Tyreek Hill doesn't turn 30 until the 2024 season. Miami has him throughout his prime. When they cut/restructure him after the 2025 season, he will be 31.

Thanks for the update @The Goat ... I'm aware of those facts...

Was just discussing the future on a slow week.

Thanks @Phinslife ... I agree McD has shown us great things so far and they should only get better. McD changing his scheme is probably where it leads... T. Hill's talent is generational and replicating it isn't likely.

Hopefully the defensive side of the ball takes an upward turn... a great defense can help cover any "warts".

Thanks @Phinslife ... I agree McD has shown us great things so far and they should only get better. McD changing his scheme is probably where it leads... T. Hill's talent is generational and replicating it isn't likely.

Hopefully the defensive side of the ball takes an upward turn... a great defense can help cover any "warts".
Yea this defense is spoiled right now. But they need to not expect the offense to carry them in the playoffs. The defense will/better show up too.

I think it’s a great bye week thread. Proof is in the lively discussion it has generated.

Plus West has taken the time to reply to most posters.

On topic, I’m able to look ahead without it consuming or minimizing my enjoyment of this season.

With all the points West brought up, the Fins should be ok because

Grier is the perfect GM as in he will get his coaches their players. Guarantee he will be better now drafting the OL. Doesn’t want a power struggle and doesn’t need to prove he’s smarter than the coach.

I’d bet money Miami Mike has a hyper-detailed plan for the future and that’s good enough for me. He doesn’t seem to need all the credit and puts the team first.

The synergy of Grier and Coach McD will keep the Fins relevant for years.

Barring some kind of catastrophic injury, this is a conversation that is going to happen 3-4 years down the line.

As a fanbase that hasn't won a playoff game in ~22 years or a super bowl in ~50 years we should practice some mindfulness and live in the present moment.
1974 our last super bowl win. Not quite 50 but your warm lol 😆

I haven’t read everything. But to me Tyreek Hill is going to be a lot like Steve Smith.. this dudes going to play 8 more years and be a good player all of them. Dudes a beast

Back
Top Bottom