What happens down the road? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happens down the road?

lol @Rick Cartman ... you're right... why not just discuss what has already happened ... again.... practice some mindfulness?

Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we're doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what's going on around us. The goal of mindfulness is to wake up to the inner workings of our mental, emotional, and physical processes. Mindfulness is available to us in every moment, whether through meditations and body scans, or mindful moment practices like taking time to pause and breathe when the phone rings instead of rushing to answer it.

So, in your opinion I am being overly reactive to what's going on around us..... ok I was really just trying to speculate on our future on a slow week... I didn't realize how panicked I must have sounded. Is this DR Phil? I need to meditate.

I am sure we will not find someone as fast, or talented as Hill when he needs to be replaced, but if by then your organization is more established, you won't need someone as good as Hill to continue to be a top team.

This is actually a very exciting time, we are creating a possible dynasty whose offense can score quickly, or grind you now that we also brought in Wilson jr to play along side and run the ball with his buddy Mostert.

'Dynasty' is too strong

Also Hill wants a yellow Jacket so look for him to continue to work hard on his body

I see him playing at this level til 32-33 at least, then he’ll lose a bit but can continue to play at a high level

In the meantime let’s focus on finding a true dial threat tight end

I hope you're right @ForksPhin ...I know the Qb is the key overall.... but THIS offense depends on speed and skill from the Wr group (I know...duh right?)
My point is how do we keep it going? Tua has proven himself in this system (on the NFL level). Who KNOWS at this point if he excels when the system isn't clicking?

But this isn't about Tua... It's about T. Hill and how much influence he has in this system. I want it to continue but father time can influence it as well.... our defense isn't exactly loaded with spring chickens and ppl can blow off the salary cap all they want but sooner or later it all comes to a head...
No whining or crying here... I was just curious how we keep it going.
This is where I disagree with you..

Tua has specific elite talents, talents that are exploited by protecting him.

For example, remember the narrative that Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs were the reasons why Tua had the most efficient college football season in history?

Well, we saw that both those players weren’t very good at the NFL level

Just give Tua time and he will shred with any players…

Now the stats might not be as gaudy without Hill but but the efficiency will look the same

I'll take a stab at this.
McD is forging his offense which means he knows what he needs.
From what we've seen so far, he is looking to have a high power offense: Stable Oline, RB's that work in his system, speedy receivers and of course Tua.
I think that maintaining these things will be Grier doing his magic.
Dolphins will have to nail their future draft picks.

I also see the defense not being as strong as the offense. More star power on the offensive side then on the defensive side.
Defense will be bend don't break type.
This.

I know it's speculation and waaaaay too early to ask:

What happens within the next 2 years to keep this offense going?
T. Hill will be approaching 30 yrs. old and, regardless of how awesome Tua has progressed, he will need to be replaced. Yes.... Please enjoy the ride.... but when does the ride end?

The draft choices we have given up gives us a smaller chance to land a projected "superstar" and it hurts is financially because we also have fewer players on rookie contracts (development while Hill is in his prime). FA may be an answer but there's only so many times you can "buy" your way into contention.

Anyway, it's a bye week and I thought I would see if anyone has given thought to the future without Hill. He is the catalyst that gets this offense where it is. Yes, he has plenty of help and a great Qb.... but without him we are far less dangerous IMO. Yes, there are other very important pieces around him and it's a team game... but let's be real here... losing Hill, at some point, will diminish our success.

Do we find a gem?
Does McD change his game?
How do we prepare for the inevitable? Or do you think it's no big deal?

I don't think its worth worrying about until it gets here.

Hill is special, but I think as McDaniel ages, and Tua matures, and the cap space fills with Tua's extension, McD and Grier will try to load the O with speed receivers to take advantage of what Tua does best.
Whatever McDaniel has, however, I think he will adjust his plays to and work with their strengths.
Shula adapted from Csonka/Griese/Morris to Marino/Duper/Clayton. I think McD will do the same type of thing.

Also Hill wants a yellow Jacket so look for him to continue to work hard on his body

I see him playing at this level til 32-33 at least, then he’ll lose a bit but can continue to play at a high level

In the meantime let’s focus on finding a true dial threat tight end

If anyone can have the longevity of a Darrell Green or Jerry Rice; my $$ is on Tyreek.

T. Hill will be approaching 30 yrs. old and, regardless of how awesome Tua has progressed, he will need to be replaced. Yes.... Please enjoy the ride.... but when does the ride end?

The draft choices we have given up gives us a smaller chance to land a projected "superstar" and it hurts is financially because we also have fewer players on rookie contracts (development while Hill is in his prime). FA may be an answer but there's only so many times you can "buy" your way into contention.

Anyway, it's a bye week and I thought I would see if anyone has given thought to the future without Hill. He is the catalyst that gets this offense where it is. Yes, he has plenty of help and a great Qb.... but without him we are far less dangerous IMO. Yes, there are other very important pieces around him and it's a team game... but let's be real here... losing Hill, at some point, will diminish our success.

Do we find a gem?
This thread is proof that Miami has way to much chicken Little fans. Havent had this type of season in years and already doom and gloom. Who cares enjoy the damn season!

Do we find a gem?
We already have his replacement ,Waddle moves into his spot and we replace waddle which we may already have in EEZ . Also by then Tua`s most likely making everybody a little better

The reason Miami traded for Chubb is because they feel we can win now. This is our window.

In two seasons we are going to be making hard choices all over the roster.

This is where I disagree with you..

Tua has specific elite talents, talents that are exploited by protecting him.

For example, remember the narrative that Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs were the reasons why Tua had the most efficient college football season in history?

Well, we saw that both those players weren’t very good at the NFL level

Just give Tua time and he will shred with any players…

Now the stats might not be as gaudy without Hill but but the efficiency will look the same
This is a very good post.

Tua’s offenses at Bama looked pretty much the same with Jeudy and Ruggs, and people said pretty much the same things about him not being able to keep it up in the NFL without Jeudy and Ruggs. Yet here we find ourselves.

I’m also not worried about Hill dropping off. He’s not a half step away from ordinary. He’s the best WR in football, and he could lose a full step and still be a Top 10 WR in football. The way he moves and the way he runs routes is just different.

Waddle will also get much better. Waddle is already very good, but his route running and hands will improve, and he will get stronger. As Hill slowly declines, Waddle will improve as much or more.

Finally, other aspects of the team will improve. The tight end position in particular, but also the running game, and maybe our third receiver. This is a very young team—basically everyone other than Hill and Armstead is an ascending young player—with some holes (TE, RB). The 49ers’ third string running back just catapulted our ground game up a notch or three. What if we add a star RB? What if we add a more well rounded TE? What if we add a third receiver who’s more dangerous than Sherfield? All of those things would improve our team substantially.

Tua will improve, too. He’s 24.

The reason Miami traded for Chubb is because they feel we can win now. This is our window.

In two seasons we are going to be making hard choices all over the roster.
Agree with the first part. Not the second part. We have plenty of long term cap room to keep everyone significant, and we already have most guys locked in for the long term on reasonable deals.

The huge boost in the cap from the new TV deal is going to massively benefit teams that already have talent locked in. That’s us.

Do we find a gem?

These conditions clarify the need to constantly draft the BPA, so that 3 years after they have been drafted, they are solid players who can replace our better players moving on in FA or retiring due to good smarts.

I think of this as a continuous roster development which should be part of how we look at each and every draft - not just for immediate need, but also for down the road replacements who can do their job"!

It's clear to me that Grier is very capable of drafting like this. It should be a big part of each and every draft.

Back
Top Bottom