What happens down the road? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happens down the road?

'Dynasty' is too strong

The way the team is growing, and getting better by each week...I disagree, might be too weak.

We will know soon enough, right now, I agree with you we have a bit to go, but the potential is there if the defense consistenly tightens up, and the O-line to be better.

Last edited:
We are not as short of draft picks as some say. Yes, the stupid ownership cost us a couple of picks for their tampering on a player I didnt want anyway, but after that... our picks will be the requisite amount.
Our GM has proven time and again, that he is a good trader a d most years we've had MORE picks than other teams... but acquiring Hill and Chubb were expensive, so we'll probably revert back to a draft picks strategy.

Honestly, I think we're fine. Other than the tampering, the only thing I would have done differently was maintaining Hoard, I would have traded him in a heartbeat.

The way the team is growing, and getting better by each week...I disagree, might be too weak.

We will know soon enough, right now, I agree with you we have a bit to go, but the potential is there if the defense consistenly tightens up, and the O-line to be better.

TBF, you said "possible dynasty." Nonetheless half way through season 1 in what some refer to as "all in," I'm not comfortable with "dynasty."

I know it's speculation and waaaaay too early to ask:

What happens within the next 2 years to keep this offense going?
T. Hill will be approaching 30 yrs. old and, regardless of how awesome Tua has progressed, he will need to be replaced. Yes.... Please enjoy the ride.... but when does the ride end?

The draft choices we have given up gives us a smaller chance to land a projected "superstar" and it hurts is financially because we also have fewer players on rookie contracts (development while Hill is in his prime). FA may be an answer but there's only so many times you can "buy" your way into contention.

Anyway, it's a bye week and I thought I would see if anyone has given thought to the future without Hill. He is the catalyst that gets this offense where it is. Yes, he has plenty of help and a great Qb.... but without him we are far less dangerous IMO. Yes, there are other very important pieces around him and it's a team game... but let's be real here... losing Hill, at some point, will diminish our success.

Do we find a gem?
Does McD change his game?
How do we prepare for the inevitable? Or do you think it's no big deal?
Dude
Put the crack pipe down
You that bored???

Our window is this year, next & the year after. After that it won’t be the same core because too many guys will have to be paid.

The most important thing is that we nailed the qb so we should be a contender for the next decade.

The way the game is now, the quarterback position is more vital than ever before. Teams that have a top 10 quarterback usually are in the running.

With the way Tua is playing, Miami fans should feel great about the present and the future. Turnover is inevitable and the Dolphins will lose good players.

But it looks like Miami may have the answers at both HC and quarterback. That's a great place to be in.

Let's enjoy the success and hope Grier and company can keep finding talent.

The way the game is now, the quarterback position is more vital than ever before. Teams that have a top 10 quarterback usually are in the running.

With the way Tua is playing, Miami fans should feel great about the present and the future. Turnover is inevitable and the Dolphins will lose good players.

But it looks like Miami may have the answers at both HC and quarterback. That's a great place to be in.

Let's enjoy the success and hope Grier and company can keep finding talent.
Right. As long as Miami can keep fielding an o-line that can open holes in the running game and protect Tua, they'll be fine on offense. Hill is in a class all by himself and could never really be replaced, but you can still have an effective passing game with Waddle and another talented guy as WR1 and WR2.

I think the bigger question mark is the defense; is Boyer the right man for the job, or should McDaniel get an experienced, successful DC?

Right. As long as Miami can keep fielding an o-line that can open holes in the running game and protect Tua, they'll be fine on offense. Hill is in a class all by himself and could never really be replaced, but you can still have an effective passing game with Waddle and another talented guy as WR1 and WR2.

I think the bigger question mark is the defense; is Boyer the right man for the job, or should McDaniel get an experienced, successful DC?
I'm also concerned about Boyer. Amazing how Miami won mostly on defense last year and mostly offense this year.

Of course injuries have played a part in the digression of the defense. I'm not ready to give up on Boyer, but the stretch run may determine if he stays or goes.

lol @EasyRider ... not bored just talking Dolphins during a slow week. Sorry I wasn't able to get your input. I guess I should have posted another twitter feed of something great that has already happened .... and already posted several times... my bad

Back
Top Bottom