What happens down the road? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happens down the road?

It’s not my job to worry about the future of the Dolphins. I am just enjoying the present Dolphins and those individuals who are paid to plan for the future of the Dolphins will be responsible for ensuring that the future is taken care of.
I never understand why some people can’t just enjoy the moment but are always worried about something in the future they have absolutely no control over.
Why are you responding in italics?

I hope you're right @ForksPhin ...I know the Qb is the key overall.... but THIS offense depends on speed and skill from the Wr group (I know...duh right?)
My point is how do we keep it going? Tua has proven himself in this system (on the NFL level). Who KNOWS at this point if he excels when the system isn't clicking?

But this isn't about Tua... It's about T. Hill and how much influence he has in this system. I want it to continue but father time can influence it as well.... our defense isn't exactly loaded with spring chickens and ppl can blow off the salary cap all they want but sooner or later it all comes to a head...
No whining or crying here... I was just curious how we keep it going.

I’m not concerned. I don’t believe that the cap is a myth, but we see it year after year with multiple teams, the cap is very easily manipulated. In the coming years, Byron Jones will be cut. Howard will be gone at some point. Wilkins can be resigned, lowering his cap hit.

Players are going to want to play here. The lack of draft picks isn’t scary. It’s only a 1st that we are missing. We still have 3 picks in day 2. We can find starters there. Beyond that, a lot of our moves would be just improving the depth. There’s not a lot of overhaul needed to our starting lineup.

By the time new starters are needed, our more expensive contracts will be off the books. Good teams keep it going for years. With this coach and QB, I’m confident we can keep it going

I agree to an extent, but there's a reason teams release/trade players - to stay under cap. Yes, cap can be manipulated, but not while maintaining a lot of high-priced players

This is why we can't have nice things. As dolphin fans we are already expecting the pain. Instead of enjoying where we are we are already looking for when things fall a part. If Hill and company can bring us a title in the next year or two that is all we can ask. And for me that is fine. We have a coach and GM who will keep us in the running and in the conversation and that is what we need. Just enjoy the ride and where ever it stops is good.

Hill will be with the Dolphins for about three years, but in that time, we also have Waddle that is already a superstar, but being with Hill, will learn what makes him one of the most dangerous receivers in football, which will eventually help to make Waddle even better.

Tua is proving to be a top QB, and barring a huge Injury, will be with Miami for around 10 years. Having an elite QB helps to make things easier...Especially when your HC is an offensive prodigy.

People keep attacking Grier, yet all the guy does is bring in special talent during FA, during the season, and hit on quality players in the draft, including after Draft with FA. I am sure when Hill leaves, Grier will have brought it another receiver that can be a weapon for Tua.

Simply put, right now we are establishing a process that you saw with the Pats, Steelers, Cowboys...Where talent will continue to be replenished when need be for quite a while. FA players alone will want badly to play in Miami. We are starting to look like a team in good shape for quite a long time.

Last edited:
So, @tay0365, It read like we try to keep THIS system going by replacing Hill at some point while the nucleus is still in place. I hope so... this type of player is a catalyst and to keep it going I believe we need to have a steady eye on that as things progress.

@Fin-Loco I think @1972forever copied and pasted a quote from McD. No original thought needed.
Actually I just like responding in different fonts from time to time. My thoughts are my own and certainly not copied and pasted since I have no idea how to copy and paste. At my age, I just respond and I let the younger posters copy and paste since they actually understand how to do those things far better than I do.

sorry @1972forever ... I was guessing... it looked like something McD had said at one of the pre/post game interviews

So, @tay0365, It read like we try to keep THIS system going by replacing Hill at some point while the nucleus is still in place. I hope so... this type of player is a catalyst and to keep it going I believe we need to have a steady eye on that as things progress.

I am sure we will not find someone as fast, or talented as Hill when he needs to be replaced, but if by then your organization is more established, you won't need someone as good as Hill to continue to be a top team.

This is actually a very exciting time, we are creating a possible dynasty whose offense can score quickly, or grind you now that we also brought in Wilson jr to play along side and run the ball with his buddy Mostert.

sorry @1972forever ... I was guessing... it looked like something McD had said at one of the pre/post game interviews
I guess that means great minds think alike. LOL. I hadn’t read or seen those comments from MCDaniel but I’’m sure that like me, he is only concerned with what’s happening now and not concerned with what might happen in a few years.

I understand that you are just bringing up a topic for discussion. Yet at my age, I tend to just live for today and enjoy the moment. So thinking about what might happen in a few years isn’t something I dwell on. Of course there are a lot of young posters on here and I am sure they are happy to look into the future and discuss what might happen with the team in a few years.

Last edited:
I'll take a stab at this.
McD is forging his offense which means he knows what he needs.
From what we've seen so far, he is looking to have a high power offense: Stable Oline, RB's that work in his system, speedy receivers and of course Tua.
I think that maintaining these things will be Grier doing his magic.
Dolphins will have to nail their future draft picks.

I also see the defense not being as strong as the offense. More star power on the offensive side then on the defensive side.
Defense will be bend don't break type.

Barring some kind of catastrophic injury, this is a conversation that is going to happen 3-4 years down the line.

As a fanbase that hasn't won a playoff game in ~22 years or a super bowl in ~50 years we should practice some mindfulness and live in the present moment.

Back
Top Bottom