What Happens If Terron Armstead Retires | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Happens If Terron Armstead Retires

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score

What does that do for his cap number and our cap number? Would we try to sign Lamm (he's a FA) to replace him as he is not Tua's blind side? What other options are there? Draft? Other free agents we could afford?

What does that do for his cap number and our cap number? Would we try to sign Lamm (he's a FA) to replace him as he is not Tua's blind side? What other options are there? Draft? Other free agents we could afford?
I think Butch Barry has proved he can make chicken salad out of chicken shite, exhibit A is Tua T. upright and NOT contemplating life after football for the moment after an avalanche of o-line injuries this year. Barry clearly understands what Coach McD is trying to accomplish, I'm confident they can make it work going forward regardless of any Armstead implications. I believed in Santa and the Easter Bunny way too long as a kid, I'm going full Lloyd Christmas on Armstead
Image of So you're telling me there's a chance.

If Armstead does indeed retire, it'll most likely be a post June 1st retirement designation. This will distribute the cap ramifications over the 2024 and 2025 seasons. Saving Miami a bunch of money cap wise. But unfortunately it also comes with dead money for both years as well.

The best case scenario will unfortunately be having Armstead on the team for 2024. Which will allow Miami to cut him after the season with minimal dead money. Saving the Dolphins a lot for 2025.

I think Butch Barry has proved he can make chicken salad out of chicken shite, exhibit A is Tua T. upright and NOT contemplating life after football for the moment after an avalanche of o-line injuries this year. Barry clearly understands what Coach McD is trying to accomplish, I'm confident they can make it work going forward regardless of any Armstead implications. I believed in Santa and the Easter Bunny way too long as a kid, I'm going full Lloyd Christmas on Armstead
Image of So you're telling me there's a chance.'re telling me there's a chance.
Though I think the job Barry did is laudable under the circumstances, we aren't winning jack if Tua has to get rid of the ball in 2.5 seconds.

Ppl try to paint him getting rid of the ball so quickly as a positive, but it's only a positive as a useful trait for a QB as an option. It's not a positive if it's done at such a high rate out of necessity in an effort to protect him.

That, in reality, is a flawed scheme that is limited in what it can do.

Though I think the job Barry did is laudable under the circumstances, we aren't winning jack if Tua has to get rid of the ball in 2.5 seconds.

Ppl try to paint him getting rid of the ball so quickly as a positive, but it's only a positive as a useful trait for a QB as an option. It's not a positive if it's done at such a high rate out of necessity in an effort to protect him.

Hard to disagree Mach, but at least Coach Barry proved he is adaptable. Can't wait to see what he does with better raw material in the future

We get screwed and still have to eat his guaranteed. Pray he says he wants to play one more year and we restructure so we can save say 7 million this year then eat the other 8 million or so we owe him during next years cap.

IF he retires, what will happen is, I will purchase a bottle of Storyteller Batch Bookers, an 18oz Ribeye from our butcher, and all of the trimmings, loaded baked potato, asparagus, fried mushrooms, and the for dessert Key Lime pie and a shot of Chartreuse Liqueur. Then celebrate like it is 2099 😄

The Ever Plugging The 5th Vein VIPER

This guy gets it. We finished 31st in the NFL is pass block win rate. Yes we had a lot of injuries. But even before that we were 22nd I believe (when people thought we had a good OL) and also remember the teams we played earlier for the most part were weaker DLs.

I am not really asking for much, maybe just mediocre pass blocking, say 14-18 range. We have been bottom 3 for the last 3 years straight.

We really need to get one more year out of Armstead. I dont think we will get any cap relief if he retires.

The best case scenario is that he plays one more year and isn't injured as frequently although we know he will be injured at times.

We really need to re-sign Kendall Lamm who was a good backup when Armstead missed games.

We can move on from Armstead next year when the dead money will be minimal.

Back
Top Bottom