What Happens If Terron Armstead Retires | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Happens If Terron Armstead Retires

I have no problem resting T and sitting out practices this upcoming season if that keeps him fresh. As long as we have a developing backup ready to take over

In
The drop off in production from Armstead to Lamm was like 20% but the drop off in salary and attendance is 80-90%.

I’ll take Lamm please
lamm ain’t young
He’s no future
But would like him for another year

I have no problem resting T and sitting out practices this upcoming season if that keeps him fresh. As long as we have a developing backup ready to take over
Has he been a full participant in the last 5 years? He hardly practiced for us and I believe it was the same in NO.

Even when he practiced, he was listed as limited with shoulder, chest, elbow, knee, and ankle injuries.

Though I think the job Barry did is laudable under the circumstances, we aren't winning jack if Tua has to get rid of the ball in 2.5 seconds.

Ppl try to paint him getting rid of the ball so quickly as a positive, but it's only a positive as a useful trait for a QB as an option. It's not a positive if it's done at such a high rate out of necessity in an effort to protect him.

That, in reality, is a flawed scheme that is limited in what it can do.

Yep! Without question the best setup for same games and better execution per play necessitated Tua actually holding on the ball longer while certain routes developed.

Full credit to Cidolfus on Reddit, who's write up is in our salary cap thread.

Retirement is allegedly on the table for Terron Armstead. While it already costs more for the Dolphins to cut Terron Armstead than it does to keep him, if he retires we won’t owe him the $5 million of his 2024 base salary which is already guaranteed. This means if Armstead retires, the Dolphins would save $325,735 after a minimum salary replacement.

The Dolphins would have control of when he is placed on the Reserve/Retired list, however, and they would likely wait until after June 1 to make that designation. That means that on June 2, the Dolphins would save an additional $13,838,235. Waiting to do so would fully-guarantee the remainder of his 2024 base salary (which triggers if he’s on the roster March 16), but the point is moot if he’s retired since he won’t actually play to earn that base salary.

Functionally, Armstead’s retirement doesn’t impact this year except that we’d be pressured to replace him immediately. It’s a move that would save the Dolphins considerable cap space in 2025 and beyond, though, which provides additional flexibility backloading deals.

We will see less of the Good, more of the Bad and an unsufferable amount of the Ugly. - LOL

In

lamm ain’t young
He’s no future
But would like him for another year
Just looked it up. He’s 31. More future than Armstead and more health.

I’m tired of the general commentary about everyone over 30 can only be a stopgap player. The way the NFL is built now is you don’t keep 70% of the roster beyond 3 years.

I’m fine rolling with him for the next couple years and investing the money elsewhere. Solid, fair contract, plays all the games = what you need across the OL.

Has he been a full participant in the last 5 years? He hardly practiced for us and I believe it was the same in NO.

Even when he practiced, he was listed as limited with shoulder, chest, elbow, knee, and ankle injuries.
No, but when he plays, even injured he is a top 10 tackle. Give and take.

We did that this year and he still got hurt like immediately.
No ****
And it’s gonna happen again
But he was still more healthy than the year prior
It is what it is and he’s coming back whether you like it or not so we have to get through one more year. And that’s the only way to get through it

Doesn’t matter he’s not going anywhere
This is the only way we can handle it at this point

No, but when he plays, even injured he is a top 10 tackle. Give and take.
Oh no doubt. Is very good player. Easy was just saying that he doesn't care if we rest him or doesn't even practice if it leads to more actual game time. I was just stating that Miami and NO have tried that. Dude still will miss games/time.

Just looked it up. He’s 31. More future than Armstead and more health.

I’m tired of the general commentary about everyone over 30 can only be a stopgap player. The way the NFL is built now is you don’t keep 70% of the roster beyond 3 years.

I’m fine rolling with him for the next couple years and investing the money elsewhere. Solid, fair contract, plays all the games = what you need across the OL.
31 is not young
Would rather get younger not older
Like I said I’m fine for another year maybe two but that position needs to be younger and fast

Doesn’t matter he’s not going anywhere
This is the only way we can handle it at this point
I know. I am just stating that that has how we have been handling it (very little to no practice) and it hasn't really changed much. I am just resigned to that he will miss time/games, I just hope we are lucky and he misses against poor teams and playes against good one. Is what it is with TA.

Back
Top Bottom